Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange weather system in the Gulf of Mexico

Macroramphosis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqpsq6ZZ3Cw&feature=youtu.be

What the hell is this ? Any ideas anyone ? All sorts of rumours buzzing round the internet so I'm curious if anyone has any comments or ideas. It defies a couple of the laws of physics........ isn't it spinning the wrong way round ?

• Like 1

Interesting post! I know next to nothing about this kind of thing but am really curious about others more knowledgeable think.

Thanks, Hasina ! That seems to fit the bill. Good call....

Don't know what it is, but I tuned out after HAARP was mentioned...

Actually the video itself I don't think mentions HAARP, it seems to be have lifted by someone else who put it up themselves with all the drivel about occult HAARP scifi anolomy, and a random quote from the Bible. Perhaps if we could find where it came from originally, we might be able to find something out.

Thanks, Hasina ! That seems to fit the bill. Good call....

No problem~! :3 I had actually just watched a video about them, so it was at the forefront of my mind. I could still be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

What be an atmospheric river, exactly? Is that where these falls of fish from the sky one encounters from time to time come from?

It's approximately south east of my residence. I've never seen anything like it. My guess is that if it isn't a fake then it's man made somehow.

Very good, Lord Vetinari. 10 out of 10 ! :D

What I am curious about, if this turns out to be authentic, is how such a prominent system has failed to rate prominence or mention on your local weather reports. Two days of this should have been the big story wouldn't you think?

I don't know enough about your corner of the world to say anymore, any locals hear about this from their weather forecasters?

• Like 1

There have been at least three of these curious features, seemingly stuck for awhile in the Gulf this winter. I've been casually watching them.

I think they're supercell thunderstoms, feeding off the warm, humid water.

Why they stay fixed for so long is a mystery, but I've got a note into some experts. We'll see what they come up with.

There have been at least three of these curious features, seemingly stuck for awhile in the Gulf this winter. I've been casually watching them.

I think they're supercell thunderstoms, feeding off the warm, humid water.

Why they stay fixed for so long is a mystery, but I've got a note into some experts. We'll see what they come up with.

Atmospheric river seems plausible, but like this one it moves like a river, not stands still or flows out of one origin.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Scientists-cite-Atmospheric-River-for-Near-Continuous-Rain-112228904.html

Wikipedia: An atmospheric river is a narrow corridor or filament of concentrated moisture in the atmosphere.

Source: http://en.wikipedia....mospheric_river

But that doesn't explain that stationary point in the Caribbean the guy keeps talking about. From the start of the video it looked like an erupting (submarine?) volcano to me.

Not exactly sure what to make of it,though hasina maybe right.Im from the gulf region many strange anomalies have been happening the past few years,just my opinion i think we are closing in on the changing of an earth age.I do not believe the whole haarp or man made global warming theories.

Dang I wish I would have known about this sooner. This system that is being mentioned had me rained out for the past 2 weeks at work so i've been keeping an eye on the radar. The NWS Shreveport Doppler Radar, as well as the southern plains radar has had a lot of anomalies as of lately. One anomaly that my wife found looked like 5 or 6 comets streaking across the US. We were looking at TX when we found the "comets". I figured it was a radar glitch, so we zoomed out and started checking radars from different zones in the US. What we found was that the streaks were on radars from east to west going across the US. What was cool was that the time lapse radar in motion was giving them different times streaking across the US.

Also, we have been seeing small fronts come through that are in no relation to anything else going on the map. We will have a storm front moving from the SW to NE, and then in the middle of the front, you will see a line of very light "Storms" maybe a county wide, moving through the storm system in a direct southern direction right towards where this system mentioned was coming from. I'll start recording these anomalies. They seem to happen all of the time now in East Tx.

Edited by Ugly1

This is getting stranger by the minute ! Great topic.