Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Obama says reject those who warn of Tyranny

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#106    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,204 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Wow this is a great thread guys. Many have represented very well what this government was founded on. Great job.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#107    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

MMMMM I love the smell of complete BULLSPIT in the morning dont you guys?

Simple enough, raise taxes on Cigarettes cause they are bad for our health.. Then he gets caught smoking a cigarette shortly after.
Raising taxes had nothing to do with the sudden inflation in the price cigarettes at all right?

Makes you wonder, if he just so happened to help his buddies over @ big tobacco... what else has he done and not been caught doing?

This video shows him clearly and concisely saying that you must trust government, how can we trust government when people are helping their big corporation buddies and screwing over everyone else?

The end.

Edited by xFelix, 14 May 2013 - 11:44 AM.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#108    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostxFelix, on 14 May 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

MMMMM I love the smell of complete BULLSPIT in the morning dont you guys?

Simple enough, raise taxes on Cigarettes cause they are bad for our health.. Then he gets caught smoking a cigarette shortly after.
Raising taxes had nothing to do with the sudden inflation in the price cigarettes at all right?

Makes you wonder, if he just so happened to help his buddies over @ big tobacco... what else has he done and not been caught doing?

This video shows him clearly and concisely saying that you must trust government, how can we trust government when people are helping their big corporation buddies and screwing over everyone else?

The end.

You do realize that companies don't get the tax monies right? Taxes go to the government.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#109    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostBama13, on 14 May 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

You do realize that companies don't get the tax monies right? Taxes go to the government.

Unless they get a tax incentive.  Like their doing in new york state right now.  I believe they raised taxes this year.  Now we are hearing about all the tax incentives for companies in the state.  I live in texas.  The companies get to raise their prices to cover the taxes their not paying.  The politicians get to cry foul.  The people get to pay for the higher taxes.  This is part of inflation. The other part comes from minimum wage inceases.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#110    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Those who protest too much, are only protesting what they are...

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#111    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 14 May 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

MSNBC is not as good in the morning than in the evening.

You know that MSNBC's evening lineup is not news, but pure editorial, right?

#112    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostBama13, on 14 May 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

No instead, they get to inflate their prices and claim that it is due to taxes.

When cigarette taxes go up 1%, they add almost a dollar to the price of the pack, and then you pay taxes...

You really think a 1% increase in taxes entails a 15% or more increase in  total price?

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#113    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,176 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostxFelix, on 14 May 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

No instead, they get to inflate their prices and claim that it is due to taxes.

When cigarette taxes go up 1%, they add almost a dollar to the price of the pack, and then you pay taxes...

You really think a 1% increase in taxes entails a 15% or more increase in  total price?
Ask yourself who the real bad guys are though. The ones imposing tax after tax or the ones who figure out a way to keep up with the taxes? If it weren't for the imposers the keeper uppers wouldn't have to keep up and even when they do the consumer has the final say if it has gone too far and businesses will listen to consumers. The imposers won't.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users