Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yet Another Section Vanishes

Saru

This forum couldn't have been in a more appropriate web site, the entire General Discussion section vanished earlier, with no explanation. I have reverted it to last weeks backup again, and I am at a loss as to the cause. It's possible that someone is managing to tamper with the forum files, however it is more likely that there is some sort of fault in one or more of the code files.

If no explanation comes up within a day or two, I will re-install the forum from scratch - all posts up until last week will still be here, however a re-initialisation of the entire forum may put a stop to these problems for good.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• SpaceyKC

• Magikman

• Jamie

Top Posters In This Topic

;D SaRuMaN,

Computers do wierd things to files sometimes.  Maybe they do actually have some A.I. we dont know about yet.  I hope it all works out when you fix it.   ;)

JAMIE

Bummer,

I'm going to have to start archiving my posts on my computer. All my good posts are disappearing faster than I can type. :-/

MAGIKMAN

NOW I see what you are all talking about!  When I checked here yesterday and couldn't read the posts, I thought you had created a secret code for members that I hadn't been informed of yet!!! I still do not understand what is happening, as I said before I am computer illiterate!!!

NORA

SaRuMaN,

Do what i do when something in my comuter doesn't work. Hit the tower or punch the screen as hard as you can. Doesn't usually solve the problem but it's worth a try.  ;D

SaRuMaN

Like Nora stated, Im computer illiterate too.

BUT WE HAVE FAITH IN YOU :D

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

Right the Forum has been totally re-initialised, all of the files have been re-uploaded, so if any of them were corrupted, they should be fine now. I have restored the Cryptoozology and Book sections as well to last weeks backup, and with any luck the problems will not happen again.

( famous last words )

If anyone comes across any more of these problems, let me know and I'll see what else I can do.

Sorry for any posts that have been deleted - but fortunately I did have a recent backup or the forum would be rather empty right now.  ;D

To the Webmaster of this site, and all other puny humans,

Perhaps you didn't understand

RESISTANCE

IS

FEUDAL

.... or something like that. Think dark and sinister. Anyway, we will not be triffled with. You HAVE been warned! Further non-compliance to our demands will not be tolerated. Total destruction of this forum is emminent. You are to become 'one' with the universe.

WE ARE DUM

Devotees Unifying Mankind

We bow to your awesomeness (is that really a word?)  Anyway, should we get ready for the 'mind-meld' now? :o