Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can someone attempt to interpret this?

onceaskeptic

okay, so last night (and a couple of other nights, scattered throughout the last year) I had this dream. I finally got around to writing it down, and I wrote it in story-form, because it's the most descriptive. Please tell me what this might mean? Thank you! :)

He pushes me on the swing, my legs pumping in tune with it. He's my teacher, this is weird. I can hear my classmates approaching, finally having finished their tasks for the night long after I.

It's dark. Leafless trees surround the small campsite, and to the left a dim light shines on the concrete building. I don't know what the building is, and I'm not sure where I am.

When I come back towards him, he doesn't push it again, he catches me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and chest. He's so warm, everything about him is warm. The warmth is torn away as he lets go, and I use my feet to slide to a stop.

“You finished your task already?” He asks. His voice is oddly familiar.

I nod, and the rest of the students come down the low hill. He acts natural, as if nothing happened at all. I don't say anything to him, I just sit there.

I'm at a boarding school in the dream, which is weird because I'm homeschooled in real life, and it's all-girls, and for some reason we're outside at night... Please let me know what it means if you can! Thanks :)

Hi,

I sense you are speaking with your inner wisdom/guide/spirit Self. That oddly familiar voice is always some aspect of you.

Now the setting is interesting. I suspect that it relates to "You finished your task already?". The act of swinging with the help of this aspect of you is the task it speaks about.

You are never alone. Are you ready to work with your life and your friends With This Energies Assistance???

Those are my impressions of your dream.

John

• Like 1

Hi,

I sense you are speaking with your inner wisdom/guide/spirit Self. That oddly familiar voice is always some aspect of you.

Now the setting is interesting. I suspect that it relates to "You finished your task already?". The act of swinging with the help of this aspect of you is the task it speaks about.

You are never alone. Are you ready to work with your life and your friends With This Energies Assistance???

Those are my impressions of your dream.

John

Maybe, but I'm a girl and the teacher was a guy. And why did he hug me?

Maybe, but I'm a girl and the teacher was a guy. And why did he hug me?

I felt that this guy was actually your higher self. We each have a Divine Masculine and a Divine Feminine wisdom within us. The DM aspect of us is our guidance and protecive presence. The hug is a gesture of affection for you, the conscious aspect of You, that has forgotten who your are when you become a human expression.

Many will understand this aspect of themself as their inner wisdom. When you ask yourself a question, the answer will come from this aspect of you. You will feel its energy in your body and know that it is authentic.

The real you, your authentic energetic essence, is much bigger than any of us humans can imagine it to be.

I see your dream as a kind of Wake Up Call. That is why it has been repitative.

John

• Like 2

Alright, I get what you're syaing at it makes sense, but I can't see what it's trying to tell me.

Alright, I get what you're syaing at it makes sense, but I can't see what it's trying to tell me.

The energy you felt from the hug, that feeling, is something you will remember. Some day you will need an answer to a question of importance to you. When the insight you receive is accompianed by the feeling of that hug, you will know why you had this dream!!

We all have inner wisdom. The hard part is identifying it from the other thoughts that pop into our head.

John

• Like 1

Hi onceaskeptic, my first thought when reading you're OP is that it might not be about you ,but about someone close to you and they are projecting this to you via you're dreams.

Royal: o_o Why? I was the girl on the swing, I just wrote it in a story-style because it give more details.R

I agree with john. Authority figures in dreams can represent a number of things but often represent a part of your subconscious which is attempting to guide and instruct you. A teacher student relationship speaks to conformity and a deisre to please. Were you wearing a school uniform ? This also speaks to conformity and a desire to please others.

How you felt and how the voice spoke may indicate how comfortable you are with conforming and doing as expected . You felt pleased when the teacher praised you and yet a bit suprised. This indicates an intent to do well at tasks and succeed but an ucertainty as to how to go about this effectively. The condition of your uniform or clothing might also speak to your attitude about how other people see you. If you were neat and clean you might believe others respect you, whereas if you were dirty and untidy you might fear others do not respect you.

tress often represent natural growth strenght and stability The fact tha the trees are bare (might) indicate concerns about any of these things or about your own "fertility" real, creative or practical.

The swing could mean many things. It is a transition device betwen the earth and the sky, childhood and adulthood, hanging on and letting go. It can propel you into flight or you can fall from it. It sounds as if you were in control of the swing which is a good thing,

Are you a person to whom being in control is important but who aso likes to take some risks?

Low rounded hills are classic dream manifestations of sexuality. Being in or among them can indicate an exploration of your own sexuality. The campsite suggests home /security and sense of place. The others coming down from th e hill especailly after "work" suggests them coming from some pursuit eg of knowledge back to the safety and security of home. Are you leaving home, eg for studying, work etc., or travelling to and from home, and so adjusting your relationship with your home from that as a child?

Ps i just got to the bit about you being home schooled and not attending school I think this is a critical part of your dream as the themes i mentioned fit right into this and into both your thoughts about home schooling versus institutional teaching and relationships including teacher/ student relationships.

Eg does home schooling prevent you from developing some relationships others might have by going to school, and do you ever think about that? ALso are you getting close to finishing school and having to decide on a future which might take you away from home? Home offers warmth compfort and protection, but there are other forms of these including the warm and comforting embrace of other people from lovers to comrades and work friends Perhaps the transition of the swing i spoke of earlier relates to this swing from present home to future life; with danger, excitement and opportunities all rolled up together.

Basically, however , you do not sound threatened, but intrigued, by all this which is a very positive sign.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Mr Walker, thank you for your interpretation, I didn't think i'd get more answers :)

It makes sense, all of what you said except the bit about relationships within homeschooling, since I don't like socializing anyway. (I'm extremely weird, and I'm only close to my cousin because she gets my weirdness)

Mr Walker, thank you for your interpretation, I didn't think i'd get more answers :)

It makes sense, all of what you said except the bit about relationships within homeschooling, since I don't like socializing anyway. (I'm extremely weird, and I'm only close to my cousin because she gets my weirdness)

NP.

I am fascinated with dreams and have been studying them since i was a child. Very early in life i learned the connection between the conscious and subconscious worlds and how we can manipulate both if we can understand our dreams. Because they are YOUR dreams only you can truly do this, although certain symbols are common in humanity .

For example your very self awareness or belief about your own personality WILL express itself in your dreams. The very fact your dream was about a class and a teacher shows that this is somethng you are self aware of, and thinking about. But only you can make the prceise connections. It depends a lot on how you FEEL in your dream at each point. Your dream emotions can give clues to what the visual symbols in dreams mean to you.

You should try becoming lucid in dreams and then work on controling and shaping your dreamscapes. Conscious interaction with a whole dream world is a LOT of fun. For example if that had been me on the swing i would have jumped off at the top of the up swing and flown around the hill and forest exploring the landscape, or i might have bevcome invisible and gone over to listen into what the other "class" members were discussing. I would certainly have talked to the "teacher" and asked what his "intentions" were, because i know that such dream figures hold wisdoms or thoughts, of which we are only subconsciously aware, but whih can be discovered consciously through talking to differnt parts of the subconscious in dreams.

Ps weird is just different. ANd there is nothing basically wrong with being different, as long as you are happy, creative and productive in your weirdness. I am perhaps the weirdest person I know but quite content with that. If you werent happy I'd suggest trying to be less different, but often difference defines us and makes us what we are.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

I've only had a few lucid dreams, and every single time they turn into nightmares where i can no longer control the situation. (Ex, I ended up in a lake with two of my dogs somehow, and I could only save one. I figured, 'Hey, it's my dream, I'll decide what happens' and tried to make the other dog just... Appear... ANd instead of her it was the same dog from a nightmare I've had before.) I've stopped trying to lucid dream, because nightmares affect me physically. (I always wake up in a pained state :P Like I've been fighting things off, but I don't actually move while I'm asleep.)

And about the weirdness, I basically mean socially awkward. I have a half-sister that's the same way, but she's not as... Aware... Of it as I am with myself. It's easiest to just shy away from people, haha.

The other classmates were silent, and a lot of them were from other dreams. (Like with the stories I write, all of the same characters show up in more than one. A girl from one story shows up in another as a background character- a girl/boy from a dream shows up in another dream as a random character.)

I've been thinking baout this a lot, and this is pretty late to still be posting about it (haha) but; I'm pretty sure the feeling I got when the teacher hugged me had something to do with the people I've been spending time around, as well as the decisions I've been making. I've gotten that feeling a couple of times in the waking world since then, and both times I decided to takes 'John from Lowell's advice and used that feeling to guide me in life... And I've made a lot of better decisions.

I was going to cancel a trip that I'm going on, because of my social anxiety, but thanks to his advice (thank you, by the by) I decided not to cancel. Because of that, I'm working on repairing a damaged friendship (we'll be rooming together on the trip), I made a NEW friend who I'll be sitting with on the way to and from (which is great because I actually have a crush on her >_>)... And I really need to get away from home, since things got pretty stressful RIGHT after I made the decision to still go.

(Meaning the same day, only minutes afterwards.)

I really made the right chocie with that, which I wouldn't have done if I hadn't had that dream, posted this question and gotten advice on it.

Mr. Walker, I happened onto this site the other night by accident. I was researching recent finds of ancient history and somehow ended up here. I am finding the various posts very interesting. I believe things happen for a reason, sometimes we learn what the reason is and sometimes we don't. Your discussion of the dream and different aspects of it impressed me. I had a repetitive dream when I was about 5 years old. I don't remember the details of how I got to a cave (never been to a cave in my life). I was inside the cave with lots of Teddy bears with kites. The Teddy bears were alive like real bears. I always woke up at that point. I still remember that part nearly 65 years later? Any ideas?

Thanks,

texaskat

I'm not sure what your dream means, but I hope you stay away from creepy old guys and don't go off alone with any old guys; creepy or not.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what your dream means, but I hope you stay away from creepy old guys and don't go off alone with any old guys; creepy or not.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Very funny xD

I've been thinking baout this a lot, and this is pretty late to still be posting about it (haha) but; I'm pretty sure the feeling I got when the teacher hugged me had something to do with the people I've been spending time around, as well as the decisions I've been making. I've gotten that feeling a couple of times in the waking world since then, and both times I decided to takes 'John from Lowell's advice and used that feeling to guide me in life... And I've made a lot of better decisions.

I was going to cancel a trip that I'm going on, because of my social anxiety, but thanks to his advice (thank you, by the by) I decided not to cancel. Because of that, I'm working on repairing a damaged friendship (we'll be rooming together on the trip), I made a NEW friend who I'll be sitting with on the way to and from (which is great because I actually have a crush on her >_>)... And I really need to get away from home, since things got pretty stressful RIGHT after I made the decision to still go.

(Meaning the same day, only minutes afterwards.)

I really made the right chocie with that, which I wouldn't have done if I hadn't had that dream, posted this question and gotten advice on it.

I am happy to know that those insights were helpful.

John

How old are you .The part on the swing,has sexual overtones. I don't think you wish to share him with the rest of the class.

I think it implies a future love interest,but he's hard to keep to yourself. Others look up to him ,and want him for themselves. This can frustrate you .He's obviously ,a bit older than you .

How old are you .The part on the swing,has sexual overtones. I don't think you wish to share him with the rest of the class.

I think it implies a future love interest,but he's hard to keep to yourself. Others look up to him ,and want him for themselves. This can frustrate you .He's obviously ,a bit older than you .

xD I'm 15. I didn't like when he hugged me though, because it was weird. I wasn't very descriptive, sorry.

Hmmm,then maybe its a warning. A man who works with just girls .To beware him .A coach of a team,or something like that.

He may be a predator .Be alert for such a guy ,but don't worry or be afraid. It is just a dream,but sometimes,dreams do tell us things.

Doesn't sound like you got bad vibes from the dream. I suggest looking at the symbols in your dream in a dream dictionary. This is my hands-down favorite for dream interpretation: http://www.dreammood...ionary/ Enter "swing," "school," etc.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a spirit guide was speaking to you, perhaps the symbols were part of the message, or maybe you were transported to another plane. I had a dream when I was 8 and I was in a beautiful, peaceful place called Somnia, where a woman spoke to me. I was already forgetting the dream as I woke but I know with every fiber of my being I was transported. I only retained molecules of that magic and I've spent my life wanting to go back there.

Edited by SuddenPsychic

Hmmm,then maybe its a warning. A man who works with just girls .To beware him .A coach of a team,or something like that.

He may be a predator .Be alert for such a guy ,but don't worry or be afraid. It is just a dream,but sometimes,dreams do tell us things.

Maybe it did, at the times that I was having this dream, I was talking to an older guy I met randomly in the bookstore. :P He was 20.