Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Drunk teen killed

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#61    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,296 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostMichelle, on 18 March 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

What!?!? I can't even get out and enjoy nature anymore? There are very few good camping spots that don't have a healthy bear population. I suppose that means I should not be scuba diving or swimming in the ocean because I'm in shark's territory.
Blimey, I didn`t know you had that many bears there (for real). But are the camp sites not aware of all the bears around, do they not try to protect their customers or is the rule to shoot a bear if you see one?

As for scuba diving, haha, if you think that you have the right even though it is shark territory, fine, go swim girl.

Your point is great and actually shows what humans can  be like, we have here a gun owner shooting and killing an unarmed intruder and people on here defending him, and yet when the tables are turned and you want to waltz into someone elses territory and have the right to shoot them?

Edited by freetoroam, 18 March 2013 - 07:17 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#62    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,949 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 18 March 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

If you think this way, I guess the soldier should've shot me first and asked questions later when I was roofied and don't even recall any of the events that happened when drugged mind mistook his house for my own. I was told what happened, and believe me it made me never drink around so called friends or strangers again. Of course, I made amends for what I did and he understood that it wasn't my fault.
I was lucky that he knew how and WHEN to use a gun.

got anymore irrelevant stories?? go on, we wanna hear them all. lol.

you were not in that house, you have no idea what happened in the house, in question, so you have absolutely no qualification, and knowledge, evidence to say who was in a wrong and who was in the right, NONE, so why don't you talk about things you know about, whatever they are, but this is not one of them.,

RESIDENT TROLL.

#63    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

View Postaztek, on 18 March 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

you are dead or maimed big time. real world proves you have no clue what you talking about, with your "i know it all batter mentality". lol, i hope no one is dumb enough to actually take your advice.

It's called knowledge. Knowledge on offensive and defensive weapons.

Something you appear to lack, which is a problem if you own a firearm.

"There will be many earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven". - Luke 21:11

"Some reject Science because the most popular scientist's are pseudo know-it-all ignoramus' who believe Science should give the explanation of the un-investigated, rather than an investigation of the unexplained". - Just my own two cents.

#64    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

It wasn't irrelevant at all.

I'm not arguing with a close-minded individual.

#65    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

• "Anti-Americanism is a pure totalitarian concept. The very notion is idiotic."

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 18 March 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

No, a normal person would not do this, well I hope not!  A paranoid gun holder would do this, someone who relies on his gun to ask the questions and give the answers would do this, but normal person...no!

I fully agree with protecting your family and home, but if someone is going to shoot another person just because (lets say he was breaking in) then it is a very sorry state of affairs! IS this how we deal with people now...shoot them without evaluation?!  the drunk did not pose a threat, the home owner knows his own home, he could easily have stood back and evaluated the situation first, maybe hide for a bit to see what the drunk would do...which I doubt would have been much and it would not have taken too long for the homeowner to see that the guy was not carrying a gun in his hand and sneaking about to rob the place.

This is not a case of man defending his family, its a man who was far too trigger happy with a gun..we have just had the Oscar Pistorius case, is this what gun owners are going to do now...shoot because they know no other way of judging a situation...now thats scary!
No offense but I'm glad you have never encountered this situation, hopefully. With the society we live in today, I can almost assure you whoever is enforcing the B&E is far from just curious to what the inside looks like. Any person has the right to be paranoid when a complete stranger decides on entering a home to which s/he has no reason being in. To label this man as trigger happy is a foolish conclusion. Does he go around shooting everything in sight? You too can label me a "paranoid triggerhappy," because I would have done the same, and I have no desire in questioning someone who is gambling their life upon breaking, and entering my home of which they have no business in.
This is a sad story, nonetheless. The child was innocent to a degree but the man had no idea what he was doing in his home and no way of telling if armed and dangerous.

Undated letter from J.F.K. said:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

#66    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

View PostMichelle, on 18 March 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Macho, macho man
I've got to be, a macho man
Macho, macho man (yeah, yeah)
I've got to be a macho!

You can't outrun a bear, especially when it wanders into you camp site in the middle of the night while you are asleep.

Yeah, no ****.

Serves you right for sleeping in it's territory then, doesn't it?

You're practically sleeping in it's front room.

"There will be many earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven". - Luke 21:11

"Some reject Science because the most popular scientist's are pseudo know-it-all ignoramus' who believe Science should give the explanation of the un-investigated, rather than an investigation of the unexplained". - Just my own two cents.

#67    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 18 March 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

The friends should of stayed with him to make sure that he is safe. The friends should of waited and stopped him

I agree nixon,the "friends" are just as responsible in this as anyone!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#68    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Switch the roles.

The teen is home alone and a drunken man breaks into the home through a back window. The teen gets his moms gun because she works 3rd shift and hes been properly trained in its safety and use. He shoots the drunken man in the darkness of the night out of fear.

Does the teen still sound like a crazed gun toter ...what if the teen was alone at home and female.

The right to defend your home is Universal and not based on age race sex or religion.

#69    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

• "Anti-Americanism is a pure totalitarian concept. The very notion is idiotic."

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 18 March 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

It wasn't irrelevant at all.

I'm not arguing with a close-minded individual.
I hope that wasn't directed toward me, because I'm far from being close-minded, and insults are completely unnecessary. I'm sure you could approach the conversation in a more mature manner.

Undated letter from J.F.K. said:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

#70    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,384 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 18 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Blimey, I didn`t know you had that many bears there (for real). But are the camp sites not aware of all the bears around, do they not try to protect their customers or is the rule to shoot a bear if you see one?

What do you want them to do to protect their customers...shoot them?  We have thousands upon thousands of square miles of state parks/preserves here. Even though, the bears will wander into any area where humans are known to occupy because it's a good chance to grab a little easy food. They will even tear a car to pieces to get to it. We don't normally camp in official camp sites though.

Edited by Michelle, 18 March 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#71    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 18 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Switch the roles.

The teen is home alone and a drunken man breaks into the home through a back window. The teen gets his moms gun because she works 3rd shift and hes been properly trained in its safety and use. He shoots the drunken man in the darkness of the night out of fear.

Does the teen still sound like a crazed gun toter ...what if the teen was alone at home and female.

The right to defend your home is Universal and not based on age race sex or religion.

Well said asteroid

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#72    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,033 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostMichelle, on 18 March 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

What do you want them to do to protect their customers...shoot them?  We have thousands upon thousands of square miles of state parks/preserves here. Even though, the bears will wander into any area where humans are known to occupy because it's a good chance to grab a little easy food. They will even tear a car to pieces to get to it. We don't normally camp in official camp sites though.

I like watching them raid garbage cans with their cubs.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#73    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,384 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 18 March 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Serves you right for sleeping in it's territory then, doesn't it?

You're practically sleeping in it's front room.

I've been camping and hiking for forty something years and have never had to shoot an animal. That doesn't mean I won't have the means to protect myself if the need arises. Or to put one down if they are dying a slow death in one of the illegal traps poachers put out for them.

#74    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,384 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 18 March 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

I like watching them raid garbage cans with their cubs.

I know, aren't they adorable!

#75    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,296 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostCollateral Damage, on 18 March 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

No offense but I'm glad you have never encountered this situation, hopefully. With the society we live in today, I can almost assure you whoever is enforcing the B&E is far from just curious to what the inside looks like. Any person has the right to be paranoid when a complete stranger decides on entering a home to which s/he has no reason being in. To label this man as trigger happy is a foolish conclusion. Does he go around shooting everything in sight? You too can label me a "paranoid triggerhappy," because I would have done the same, and I have no desire in questioning someone who is gambling their life upon breaking, and entering my home of which they have no business in.
This is a sad story, nonetheless. The child was innocent to a degree but the man had no idea what he was doing in his home and no way of telling if armed and dangerous.
My actually point is the reaction by the man, The guy was NOT armed, yes he was entering someone elses house, but does that warrant DEATH without question?
As I have said, the owner knows his home, surely he could have spared that extra couple of seconds watching as the drunk was staggering about to evaluate the situation first?
This lad was not breaking in to a property he had no business to be in, he did not know he was in the wrong house, but of course the owner was not to know that, but I still say that if he held fire a bit longer, he would have seen the lad was not threat.

I understand the situation, purely because it is in a country where guns are the law maker to many, but REALLY?? KILL HIM?? could he not have shoot at his leg or arm or is that not an option? you break into my house, you die?

I can think of a whole lot of cretins of society who really do deserve the death sentence, but they had time and lawyers on their side, unlike this lad, which is unfortunate, because with a couple of extra seconds of time he would still be alive and his parents would not be with out a son.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users