Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Design, Chance or Infinity

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    vikstar

vikstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:26 AM

Hello ppl

There are new theories emerging about pre big bang which are essentially pointing towards a twin universe like ours in before big bang time. http://space.newscientist.com/article/mg19...line-news_rss20

So in  older theories there was 1 universe that began with big bang and dies a cold death in a empty vaccum. So that was either Intelligent design or Chance.

But with new findings : infinity comes into prominent play. It essentially means nothing gets destroyed, everything is recycled according to laws of physics, and laws of quantum physics.

So with infinity: there's no god, there's no death, just recyclation. But what is recyclation

What are your thoughts on this.

#2    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:22 AM

How does dark matter and black holes play into this as far as science can understand?

#3    Silmarillion

Silmarillion

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

• ho de anexetastos bios ou biotos anthropo ...Plato
    My translation: For completeness, the man must examine his life.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:33 AM

vikstar on Apr 14 2008, 05:26 AM, said:

Hello ppl

There are new theories emerging about pre big bang which are essentially pointing towards a twin universe like ours in before big bang time. http://space.newscientist.com/article/mg19...line-news_rss20

So in  older theories there was 1 universe that began with big bang and dies a cold death in a empty vaccum. So that was either Intelligent design or Chance.

But with new findings : infinity comes into prominent play. It essentially means nothing gets destroyed, everything is recycled according to laws of physics, and laws of quantum physics.

So with infinity: there's no god, there's no death, just recyclation. But what is recyclation

What are your thoughts on this.

I looked at the article, and I must confess, I haven't been able to keep up with new developments in Theory of Everything and Grand Unification Theories for the past four years or so. Basically, I can't comment. But I'd only like to say that it all makes me want to review Buddhist philosophy just a bit more...

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you... Saying 70 from the Gospel of Thomas

#4    Jaguat

Jaguat

Freak unleashed! So beware........

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

• Time gives a wise man something to use and a fool something to waste. mjw

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:49 AM

From what I have seen in the way of doco's, the big bang comes along every 1-100 trillion years. ( I can't remember which. ) So that space has a way of re-generating itself.

Never let the flame inside you die. MJW

#5    vikstar

vikstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:16 AM

also one of the most profound implications of twin universe is that I've or we've lived before in the same bodies with same actions/inactions, everything twin. So what is death in that sense.

Also no science has been able to find 'nothingness'. What is nothingness, i.e. time will have to completely stop for nothingness to occur. Universes giving rise to universes implicates that time infinite as well or there may as well be a time loop i.e. same universe giving birth to same universe infinite times.

""In fact, it is practically impossible to construct a region of space which contains no matter or fields, since gravity cannot be blocked and all objects at a non-zero temperature radiate electromagnetically.?"" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing#Science

Edited by vikstar, 14 April 2008 - 10:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users