Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jack the Ripper never existed

jack the ripper trevor marriott thomas bulling scotland yard murder

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Ahh yes the Mr. Ripper case. When I was a senior in high school, my AP English teacher was absolutely engrossed with anything involving Jack the Ripper. She explained to us one day, after being asked who she thought it could be and it's an explanation that I'll never forget. She -believed- that it was someone who worked closely with the Royal family at the time. She was very animated when she explained further, but when she was asked what proof did she have, my teacher just changed the subject to Beowulf. I'm not really sure why that episode has stuck with me for all these years, but it's just one of them things that may never be fully proven to be real or not.

Anyway, I googled a bit after reading this thread and found a link that some may find interesting if they want to take another gander at the letters that were written... by someone.
http://whitechapelja...ripper-letters/

Ever since I've became a Sanctuary fan, for me, when I now think of Jack the Ripper, I have images of John Druitt in my head. Mmmmmhmmmm. :clap:

Kind Regards.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#32    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

asadora, MJ Druitt is more along the lines of who the Ripper really was.

No, he was not a cricket playing barrister but he was, IMO, a mentally disturbed individual who took his own life or who was
incarcerated after he killed Mary Kelly.

I'll add this for anyone who's interested.

The Ripper sites then and now.

#33    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

I was in whitechapel a couple of days ago for a medical examination. Didn't see anyone with a cape, but there were certainly some fashion choices ripe for scrutiny, what with the slight hipster overspill from Shoreditch.

I did however see a young guy giving a JTR tour a few weeks ago, which I hadn't seen before. Bet some of them left feeling super convinced by the mix of fact and hokum he probably sent their way :P

#34    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,488 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

I think hes saying "p*** of tourists"

#35    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 14 October 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

I think hes saying "p*** of tourists"

Since they're paying his wage, why would he?

#36    Infinite Playlist

Infinite Playlist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

• "I came here to kick ass and chew gum... And I'm all outta gum."

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

I was always in the belief that it was a surgeon, but after watching the Ripper episode of 'Is it Real?' I thought Sickert could certainly be credible.

It's all in your face, I see you break...
It's like the sound of winter.
The bleeding love, the silent escape...
You've got to hang on to yourself...
It's like the sound of winter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users