Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When are we going to learn to trust robots?

Still Waters

Drive a car? Well, it was manufactured in part by robots. Robots are already integral to everything to our lifestyles. Regardless of the package, it's still only as good as its human programmers. And, therein lies the true dilemma, dont' you think?

Sure...trust the robots. When you do first you'll get this...

post-124276-0-65216800-1362628379_thumb.

...two weeks later Skynet goes online and then...

post-124276-0-74725500-1362628283_thumb.

NEVER TRUST THE DAMN ROBOTS!!!

• Like 1

Right after we learn to trust humans.......... and politicians.

Its funny: I used to eagerly adopt whatever was newest and coolest. Now I dread having to learn new systems. I think the first time this happened to me was after I had spent so much time learning DOS and batch files and Basic programming, and then suddenly graphical systems took over and the command line got de-emphasized. Now of course I almost never use the command line because there are generally better ways to do things.

I think maybe we expend the energy and time to learn something only to see it go obsolete, and hence become reluctant to go through the same thing again. Someone bring back the command line!!!

*patiently waits for all of the "zomg robot apocalypse" posts to appear*

yeah I don't see why not.its the creators that I don't trust.for the following reasons:.1)what are the purposes?,2)did the Creator's insert some type of tracking device or chip that allows them to hear or spy on us without even knowing???,3)does it report back to them???4)do the Creator's have morals,ethics and a heart meaning they know what's right and wrong?I don't trust easily like I always trust is earned not given!!!and knowing the government I just don't anything that comes from them ever or especially technology.I bring up Tue government cause they could tell them the creators or manufacturer to insert something That allows them to spy on us without knowing.and the manufacturer and government don't need to tell us if they don't feel like or want like they always do.so yeah hell yeah im suspicious.I suggest everyone to do the same.not in a paranoid way or scared but cautious way.

Edited by Andromedan Starseed 333

Everyone here has probobably already come in contact with robotics, probably on a daily basis even.

You drive cars that are being put together and painted by robots. Those trendy flying robocopters. Even an espresso machine is basically a robot, but no one sees it as such.

So to say that people don't already trust robots isn't a very thought-through remark.

It's always hip to be against progress in the beginning, until it's not and then everyone joins it like there was never an issue.

The less robots there will be in right places the more jobs people will have... They are very usefull in space and deep sea where man cant go yet. But using them in specific industrial fields is just bad, people are loosing jobs faster now than any time before... just because robots. They might be usefull and cheap for the employers but they are hurting peoples lives in job sense... They can be usefull for defensive intensions too, but to certain point. They are already making the with bigger " AI " which is bad... Sci fi like terminator or caprica is showing pretty good picture what might happen if they get too much mechanical brain power..

oh look more propaganda being introduced to get us to have sex with robots.

You mean like me? I can't wait for the Cherry 2000 to become available. :tu::tsu::clap: