Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Fight over Kant leads to shooting

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,628 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

The Guardian said:

An argument over the theories of the 18th-century philosopher Immanuel Kant ended in a man being shot in a grocery store in southern Russia.

RIA news agency quoted police in the city of Rostov-on-Don as saying a fight broke out between two men as they argued over Kant, the German author of Critique of Pure Reason, without giving details of their debate.

"In the course of the fight, the suspect took out a pistol firing rubber bullets and fired several shots at his opponent," it said, adding that one man was detained and the victim was taken to hospital. His life was not in danger.

Read more

????

On the other hand, one has to give these Russians that even at grocery store level they seem to know who Kant was and what he was about. In other parts of the world that does not happen :innocent:

Edited by questionmark, 16 September 2013 - 07:59 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Over here in the UK once I saw a cluster of folks ram eachother with trolleys in the supermarket to get the last crate of beer on offer, there were no words, only grunts and gestures. I've seen a cashier and customer insult eachother over the price of a lottery ticket. I've also seen a drunk get marched out of the clothes section for putting three hats on that he said he didn't intend on purchasing. This has broadened my horizons concerning supermarket arguments and made me feel a lot dumber. I would love to know how they got to discussing Kant's theories presuming they didn't know eachother beforehand, I find several of his theories intriguing but to shoot rubber bullets at someone about it is slightly deranged. The setting of the incident just makes it so much more mysterious,

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#3    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,707 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

This is the weirdest story I've ever read.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II

#4    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,769 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

I wonder if there is some dash cam footage of this floating around somewhere.

#5    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,508 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

I dunno what the world is coming to when you kant have a debate without violence.  *sigh*

#6    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,903 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Perhaps one of the protagonists was deaf and misunderstood the subject!  

Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#7    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,769 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostEldorado, on 17 September 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

I dunno what the world is coming to when you kant have a debate without violence.  *sigh*

Hahaha I lost it at this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users