Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mountain dew kills sperm in men

Matt121

how did this urban legend get started anyways? I always get into arguments about it then I try and get them to read snopes or the straight dope. It's pretty funny really and it's one of the silliest urban legends out there

http://www.snopes.com/medical/potables/mountaindew.asp

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a970829a.html

Edited by Matt121

:lol: lol Matty you got to post a link to that one!

I can care less if it does kill sperm, remember the flood " One single spore can destroy a species " some random elite on halo3, i forgot who at the moment, same goes for sperm, JUST ONE is all that is needed to help spread our horrible species!!, plus the mountain dew keeps me energetic hehehe. use your imagination.

I think the chances of firing off one single sperm and it going in the right direction, find the ovum and then getting into it are almost incalculable, let alone enough to keep a species afloat.

some guys wife was telling him he drinks to much dew and said his "preformance" was off. thats my thery.

• 6 years later...

Did you know when a woman has an orgasm the fluid she descreets is an anti septic that kills sperm on contacts. so the only way a woman can get pregnant is if she doesn't have an orgasm. so the best lovers are the ones that don't have no children... and this story is true

Did you know when a woman has an orgasm the fluid she descreets is an anti septic that kills sperm on contacts. so the only way a woman can get pregnant is if she doesn't have an orgasm. so the best lovers are the ones that don't have no children... and this story is true

Ahh...yes and no. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

If we are talking about a female getting ready for ovulation, the body will prepare the special sperm-friendly mucus The vagina itself is a pretty sperm-unfriendly place. One of the jobs of vaginal fluid is to balance the acidity of the vagina, making it less dangerous for sperm. It also facilitates the travel of sperm. This type of mucus is the clear "egg white" mucus most often associated with lubrication, however its primary purpose is to assist procreation.

All other times, the mucus is a standard acidic cleansing solution that doesn't tolerate the presence of useless sperms loitering around.

• Like 1

That stuff is toxic...people really still drink it?

Mountain dew, or the other liquid that is being referred to?

Ahh...yes and no. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

If we are talking about a female getting ready for ovulation, the body will prepare the special sperm-friendly mucus The vagina itself is a pretty sperm-unfriendly place. One of the jobs of vaginal fluid is to balance the acidity of the vagina, making it less dangerous for sperm. It also facilitates the travel of sperm. This type of mucus is the clear "egg white" mucus most often associated with lubrication, however its primary purpose is to assist procreation.

All other times, the mucus is a standard acidic cleansing solution that doesn't tolerate the presence of useless sperms loitering around.

Well, that sure took the fun out of it!

Factoid: A female can become pregnant with or without climax (ie, it just doesn't matter). All that's necessary is for a sperm to make it to an ovum (egg). The development of female eggs is cyclic (once a month) and does not depend upon sexual arousal and/or climax. This is why so called 'test tube' babies are possible...all you need is egg+sperm=embryo.

• Like 1

Factoid: A female can become pregnant with or without climax (ie, it just doesn't matter). All that's necessary is for a sperm to make it to an ovum (egg). The development of female eggs is cyclic (once a month) and does not depend upon sexual arousal and/or climax. This is why so called 'test tube' babies are possible...all you need is egg+sperm=embryo.

alcohol + egg + sperm = regret

While it is true that women can become pregnant without orgasm, there is evidence the orgasm does physically assist in increasing the probability that the sperm and egg meet within the woman, whereas on the male side, it has been shown that the more orgasms the woman has in a given session, the greater the chances the male will be invited to try again, regardless of successful insemination.

• Like 1