Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time Travel

TimeTraveller_00

Hello,

I was wondering what peoples opinions are about time travel, and how it happens/what makes it possible? Do you believe in the Multiverse theory and if so, what part does that play on your belief in Time Travel?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TimeTraveller_00

• Shush_rules

• Cherus

• Mattshark

Hello,

I was wondering what peoples opinions are about time travel, and how it happens/what makes it possible? Do you believe in the Multiverse theory and if so, what part does that play on your belief in Time Travel?

Well, firstly, I believe that what we call Time is the rate of quantum change within an object in relationship to the rate of quantum changes in other objects. I believe that the rate of quantum change varies throughout the Universe for different objects - Time is clumpy, if you like.

As such - travelling backwards through Time would mean that any prior quantum changes would need to be reversed throughout the entire Universe. I really can't see any feasible mechanism to make that happen. Travelling forward in Time, however, would be achievable by drastically slowing the rate of quantum change in the object you wanted to move through Time, relative to the rest of the Universe.

I don't believe in the Multiverse theory - I'm actually pretty skeptical of quantum theory, period, truth be told.

Edited by Tiggs

Hello,

Let me put it this way: Is a flowing river the same as the one you have seen a month ago? It may look like it, but it is not as the water has changed and continues to change. By walking down the river you won't find the same river again...even then when you walk faster than it.

There could be multiple universes, but even if they do, they could not enable time travel. The past is the past and therefore unchanged.

I time travel twice a year :rolleyes:;), but other than that no. It is hard to explain, but to me it seems totally impossible, we might slow time or speed it up, but really travel in time? no, not possible. I don't believe in the multiverse theory, and if by any chance time travel was possible, how the hell would you come back to exactly the same time you where? (on the nanoseconds, or even smaller)

Edited by Aztur

Time is personal and each individual has an internal clock which is surprisingly accurate. Each person perceives time in minutes and hours on their own. It is the rate of the quantum particles inside you in relation to matter and every quantum particle in everything else. Have you ever had deja vu? Time is not linear which means you don't live your life in the order you think you live it. It all happens and then plays out.

Let's say, "If the multiverse existed"...

Time is not linear, (So the past is the future, and the present is last Thursday) and neither is each individual "alternate" universe in the Multiverse theory. If traveling "backwards" (though no specific direction) through time, beginning on your "timeline" (the original position of you in relation to each alternate universe), it would be likely that you will be also "transported" through another dimension. And thus the further you go back the "divergence" rate increases. If you went backwards through time millions of years it would be almost impossible to get back to your original timeline (in the same dimension as where you started).

I believe it was Stephen Hawking who theorized that time is not linear.

Time travel would not require you to "come back to exactly the same time you where", (and I think you meant "were"). It would act as a type of machine that would manipulate time around you and place you to a predetermined location/time. Think of the Big Bang. A Big Crunch is the exact opposite and *supposedly happens often. It acts similar to a black hole and the universe gets vacuumed into nothingness, yet is replaced by another Big Bang. Matter cannot disappear, I believe. The matter is compressed into near nothingness and at that precise time a Big Bang happens in an alternate timeline. A star burns out in one timeline and a star is born in another timeline. Imagine time travel like that. You go back in time. The machine manages to stop time around you and make you "disappear" into another time/dimension. Matter cannot disappear, instead you are teleported to another place and time which would have to be carefully programmed into a powerful machine capable of expanding and contracting time/space.

If you don't mind me asking another question. What are your opinions on your economy? What do you think will happen and why?

Edited by TimeTraveller_00

Yes time arn't linear. But, that's is a simplification. Time aren't a curve! I think that hawking whant to mean, that time don't "past" at the same speed in all situation.

If time past at a same speed alway's you will have what are called a linear graph (like f(x)=ax)

Is where Hawking's take he's linear. So time aren't constent and have a weird graph that you cannot simply calcul.

When a graph aren't linear, it's called a curve.

Please, read well beford tell anything.

Your post was a little difficult to read but I get the gist out of it. When a graph is spoken of about our three dimensional plain the only axis you hear of it X,Y, and Z. Those are the three dimensions. The fourth dimension is what connects everything and person on the planet. The fourth dimension is space time and is not linear, it curves. Time, based on days which are based on the sun and earths rotations is psychologically linear because that is how we organize our lives. Yesterday comes before today and today comes before tomorrow. But on a cosmological scale, the fourth dimension is not linear.

Time is nothing really. Have you ever thought about what period of time you are actually living in? How insignificant it is even in the history of the earth. The years 1900-2000 will not be remembered for their cooperation or work ethics. Instead they will be remembered for being materialistic, selfish and lazy.

Time travel is made possible by 5 very powerful computer systems built into a time machine, which displaces time and space and gravity in order to transport you to a predetermined location and time frame. Sort of like a wormhole, except for the fact that the destination is programmed into the systems by a human. Accuracy is getting higher as now we are able to land automatically at the best suited location by the AI in the machine itself. The computers are the equivalent of about 100 or so computers in this time. I personally don't know how you can be ok with the amount of errors in "todays" computers.

This may be difficult to believe or you may not want to believe. I don't want you to believe this. What good will it do anyone if you do believe me?

I am a time traveler from the year 2066. I was sent to January of 1986 to retrieve the Brain Computer Virus that will allow time travel to be sped up by rerouting most of the energy from the power supply to the electron injection manifold, which alters gravitational singularity.

My name is Mark Hedges.

Now can someone answer the question about the current U.S. Economy and why it is taking the direction it is taking?

Again, you don't have to believe me, I don't really care either way. I am here to talk about the current state of the world and learn. If you do not believe that time travel is possible, then there is no need to reply to this. I have no reason to lie. If anyone would like to ask anything about my time line, I would be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

I cannot help but notice the eerie similarity between you and John Titor, the man who appeared on discussions forums in 2000 and early 2001 under the name TimeTravel_0.

Time travel is made possible by 5 very powerful computer systems built into a time machine.....

I am a time traveler from the year 2066. I was sent to January of 1986 to retrieve the Brain Computer Virus that will allow scientists in my time line to reproduce the same type of scripts which will allow us to reprogram and replace boot systems of the computer systems inside the time machine with manual programs that will assist in the gravity displacement speed, making time travel faster and more efficient. ....

So computers in 2066 have gone back to being floppy disk based, as the Brain virus was specifically written to infect ONLY floppy drives? And they use FAT, and not FAT32, or something newer as their file system architecture? And they don't use ANY drive partitioning scheme, as the Brain virus has NO code to allow it to deal with any hard drive partioning schemes?

Edited by swollen_ostrich

I cannot help but notice the eerie similarity between you and John Titor, the man who appeared on discussions forums in 2000 and early 2001 under the name TimeTravel_0.

What ever happened to Ole John Titor anyway? He kinda fell off the web like dumpty fell off the wall, lol.

No our computers do not run only on Floppy Disk Drives. Unless I spent a serious amount of time to explain the differences, even just in technology, between your time line and my time line, you would not be able to understand our file systems or the need of this script. Computers are different yes (more reliable as well). We need a basic script from the Brain virus, which cannot be found in my original time line anymore. I'm not sure in technical detail how someone will write it, because I don't claim to know computer languages.

I apologize for any similarities between myself and John Titor. Could you list the similarities? Would you mind providing a website address?

Moreover, if I heard that you come from Australia and I know a person named Jim from Australia, would I say, "You two were born in the same year, look similar, have both worked at the same named restaraunt and you are from Australia... You are Jim?" I assume what you are edging close to is that you do not believe I am not from this time period. I don't care if you don't believe me. My being here will not affect you or your family, so you do not have to believe or even listen to what I say.

Or are you trying to say I am in some way or another, ripping off a John Titor? Either way it makes no difference, I will be gone soon anyway.

Watch the situation to the east.

No our computers do not run only on Floppy Disk Drives. Unless I spent a serious amount of time to explain the differences, even just in technology, between your time line and my time line, you would not be able to understand our file systems or the need of this script. Computers are different yes (more reliable as well). We need a basic script from the Brain virus, which cannot be found in my original time line anymore. I'm not sure in technical detail how someone will write it, because I don't claim to know computer languages.

I guess that's why I'm having a hard time understanding this - why would someone from the future need code from a virus that infects only a particular file architecture that isn't used in your future time line? Do disk services on a computer in your timeline still use INT13?

You might as well be asking us for a chariot wheel to allow you to fix your flying car - the concept is the same, but the part would be totally useless in effecting the repair.

BTW - have you gotten a copy of the brain virus that you were sent back to collect?

And, if you were sent back to our 1986, what are you now doing in our 2008?

Edited by swollen_ostrich

So if you really are from the future or should i say a different timeline, what are the differences with our technology and yours?

On topic: I do believe in time travel but i have my own theory that I'm going to post tomorrow because I'm tired now.

Ok lets cut the cheese, if you are from the future you should have no problem in telling us how the DOW, the FTSE and the DAX finish tomorrow.

Computers in 2066 have 6 main sections. The Control Unit, Logic Unit, Memory, I/O, Circuit Radiation Compressor and the Mass Storage Unit. All six of these work together to run a fully developed computer which is more powerful than any computer I've yet to see in 2008. The Control Unit acts as a translator between all parts of the computer and the desired effect of the computer. The Control Unit decodes all instructions from the input and changes them into a series of control signals which operate each other part of the computer. The arithmetic and logic unit are obvious as to what they do. The I/O are the inputs/outputs. The Circuit radiation compressor compresses all radiation inside the computer, which is created by the running of the computer, and filters it through a pipe which can turn the radiation back into energy to continue running the computer. The Memory is actually called Random Access Memory and acts to speed up and increase the space for temporary storage purposes, and are usually available in only 10, 20 and 30 gigabytes per chip. The Mass Storage Unit is where everything is stored on the computer.

The main script in the Brain Virus, as I am aware, targets only Floppy Disk Drives but also has many other useful scripts such as the script which initially moves all boot information to another sector and will also assist with the loading of additional components by rerouting the machine itself, which would provide more energy in order to (bypass all unnecessary files, and) buffer the electron injection manifold at nearly twice the speed.

Our systems have basic similarities between the ones here in this time line. Mainly, that they both were started by a DOS system. I have never seen DOS, but understand it exists. (I have also purchased a new computer from the year 2007 recently). A computer from 2008 has a different layout and ultimately, different styles of use. You would not recognize our computer systems.

I was sent back to 1986 and now I'm here for personal reasons.

I was born in 2033. How am I supposed to know specific stocks 25 years before I was born? Besides. What did DOW finish at on March 12, 1938?

Since this is obviously bad fiction shouldn't it be posted in Writer's and Artist's Hangout?

Probably...

March 12 1038? 107 points. Or don't you have a search machine in the future?

I do not intend for people to believe me. Anyone who does believe that I am from 2066 knows it... If you do not believe me, fine. I don't care. Your lives should be exactly as they are now when I leave. People from this time are supposed to be ignorant, from what I hear. In 2066 you aren't remembered for being open-minded.

Is there anything I can do to prove I am from the future? I could tell you that World War 3 is coming. I could tell you exactly who launched the first nuclear bomb of WW3 and why. I could say that that big flood wipes out multiple cities, but you'd still have to wait for the evidence to actually play out to believe me. And by the time that happens I will have returned to 2066. So. While we're on that subject. Ask me about something in your "future" and I will see if I can answer it. In other words, don't ask the lottery numbers for a specific week. Don't ask me about a stock for a specific date. I most likely don't know. And if I knew and decided to tell you I would be taking that money from someone else (the one who originally won it) and giving it to you.

Yes we have search engines in the future. But seeing as how I am currently not in the future, I'm not able to search that information on the computers I am writing this from (a computer connected to the 2008 servers).

It's obvious I can't make you believe in time travel... I don't mind that. I don't expect anyone to believe that I'm from the future. But, if you were from the future, what would you tell someone 60 years ago to make them believe you're from their future? Imagine how preposterous that would sound.

It's obvious I can't make you believe in time travel... I don't mind that. I don't expect anyone to believe that I'm from the future. But, if you were from the future, what would you tell someone 60 years ago to make them believe you're from their future? Imagine how preposterous that would sound.

Right as soon as you tell us the indexes for tomorrow we believe you.

Ask me about something in your "future" and I will see if I can answer it.

Ok, without putting too much personal info out where everyone can see it...

My last name is Heggemann, I have always lived in Saint Louis, MO. Does the name Heggemann have any importance in your future?