Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Canada cut ties with Iran

canada iran right decision israel justice

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,520 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Israeli PM thanks Canada for cutting ties with Iran

Harper talks tough on decision to oust diplomats, shutter embassy in Tehran

CBC News

Posted: Sep 9, 2012 8:15 AM ET

Last Updated: Sep 9, 2012 8:35 AM ET
Read 458comments458

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told CBC his country appreciates Canada's "forthright stand" against the Iranian government.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/09/09/harper-iran-apec.html

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,818 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Its to do with Iran's stance on Syria and not Israel, as Iran is supplying weapons and blaming the west

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,821 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 09 September 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Its to do with Iran's stance on Syria and not Israel, as Iran is supplying weapons and blaming the west
And the fact that it helps Israel in some small way is a negative from your point of view?  The move was surprising to many people.  The timing of the move even more so but Canada is free to act in the way it wishes and I also applaud them for taking a stand my own president is too selfish to.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

Canada cut ties with Iran partly because of issues of secrurity.   Remember Iranians did storm the British embassy last fall.  Threats against Israel was part of it as Irans backing of Syria.

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Here's the article I read about this.

Link

Edited by Hilander, 09 September 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#6    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

View Postand then, on 09 September 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

And the fact that it helps Israel in some small way is a negative from your point of view?  The move was surprising to many people.  The timing of the move even more so but Canada is free to act in the way it wishes and I also applaud them for taking a stand my own president is too selfish to.

He didn't say it was negative at all.

He just stated the real reason.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#7    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,520 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Canada also does that because of Iran's continuing policy of calling for the destruction of Israel, and it's outright antisemitism.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#8    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,818 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

"personae non gratae all remaining Iranian diplomats in Canada," Baird said in a statement.

"Canada’s position on the regime in Iran is well known. Canada views the Government of Iran as the most significant threat to global peace and security in the world today."

Baird's statement cited Iran's failure to comply with UN resolutions on its

According to CBC, the statement also makes reference to Iran's "blatant disregard of the Vienna Convention that guarantees the protection of diplomatic personnel."

#9    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostErikl, on 09 September 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Canada also does that because of Iran's continuing policy of calling for the destruction of Israel, and it's outright antisemitism.

No. It's to do with Iran's insistence on shipping weapons and personnel to the Syrian government and then saying the West is the cause of all the bombings, massacres etc. whilst giving full support to a terrorist regime themselves.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#10    Ely

Ely

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• The coming great civil revolutions in the World & the U.S. should NOT convince anyone anywhere to take arms WHATSOEVER.--ME.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Wars & rumors of wars: apparently a War soon!
then there's a rumor Aliens would come to stop the War! not necessarily whatsoever... but who knows!

Edited by Ely, 09 September 2012 - 10:37 PM.

EVERYONE'S PERSONAL SAVING-HOPE ... those who have died unjustly & beyond horribly, GOD returns them their personal lives, so i learned in a certain Revelation ... EVERYONE'S PERSONAL SAVING-HOPE--->also: http://www.unexplain...tatus_id=242661
Posted Image

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,821 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostEly, on 09 September 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Wars & rumors of wars: apparently a War soon!
then there's a rumor Aliens would come to stop the War! not necessarily whatsoever... but who knows!
The concept of a "false flag" is the perfect tool for misinformation. Any action of any type anywhere can be called a FF with no proof, just conjecture.  Do they exist in reality?  I'm sure they have at some point.  Are there as many as people claim?  No way.

#12    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,520 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

Official Canadian government members have  stated that one of the main reasons IS NOT only Syria, but also the continued call of genocide and violent antisemitism voiced by the Iranian regime:

“the original [2001] Durban conference, and its declaration, as well as the non-governmental activities associated with it, proved to be a dangerous platform for racism, including anti-Semitism,” as Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney said.

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=284342

Which is btw, on my view, just shows that the Canadian government is one of the last non-hypocrite, high moral, government left in the West.

This is in strike contradiction to Mr Ban Ki-moon who participated last week in the conference in Tehran along with other 120 state representatives. <_<

Posted Image

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,821 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostErikl, on 10 September 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

Official Canadian government members have  stated that one of the main reasons IS NOT only Syria, but also the continued call of genocide and violent antisemitism voiced by the Iranian regime:

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=284342

Which is btw, on my view, just shows that the Canadian government is one of the last non-hypocrite, high moral, government left in the West.

This is in strike contradiction to Mr Ban Ki-moon who participated last week in the conference in Tehran along with other 120 state representatives. <_<
I agree that Harper is the de facto leader of the free world these days.  Obama has relinquished any claim to such a title due to his blatant hypocrisy and betrayal of the traditional role of the US in world affairs, especially regarding maintaining stability in the M.E.  If there will be a regional war there i believe it will be seen in large measure due to his stupidity and lack of leadership.  The UN is a sham organization of thugs and Moon is simply another shill at the top hawking for them.  The NAM countries are irrelevant except as flimsy camouflage for Iran's aspirations.  The only one's paying attention to them are the anti western crowd.

#14    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,968 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostErikl, on 10 September 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

...and because of their ramping up of nuclear technology, and possible threats to our embassy, but primarily giving arms to Assad's regime (that launched Iran into pariah status.

I'm no fan of my Prime Minister, but this is one time where *gak*... I agree with my government.

#15    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,968 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

View Postand then, on 10 September 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

I agree that Harper is the de facto leader of the free world these days.  
HAH hah! *pardon me and a lot of Canadians as we roll around on the floor and laugh right now*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users