Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Man, 50, left without electricity or gas

gas electricity chris guest meter torchlight

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    Red Howler

Red Howler

Angry werewolf girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

People survived  for thousands of years long before these gas and electric suppliers existed. Even in the Dark Ages, people managed to keep themselves warm and cooked food in winter.

#32    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postelectric chris, on 01 November 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

hi folks you can see my photos on facebook if want to check it out (cguest4@hotmail.com) and also the landlord does not allow non domestic appliances in the property ie camper stove and I usually eat in restraunts and use the computer in the library or at my mates house I like my life I have a ball
Your landlord has got some front! Its a camper stove, not a barbecue.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#33    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,264 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 01 November 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Your landlord has got some front! Its a camper stove, not a barbecue.

Plus how would he know if he wasnt told??

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#34    electric chris

electric chris

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

View Postseeder, on 01 November 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

it a housing association a registered charity

#35    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,264 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postelectric chris, on 07 November 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

it a housing association a registered charity

so is my flat, I see them only once a year for the annual gas safety check....they are not entitled just to drop in when they like...unless there are pressing issues/complaints to be sorted, and even then its usually by appt'. so you can easily have a small gas stove

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#36    electric chris

electric chris

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Postseeder, on 07 November 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

so is my flat, I see them only once a year for the annual gas safety check....they are not entitled just to drop in when they like...unless there are pressing issues/complaints to be sorted, and even then its usually by appt'. so you can easily have a small gas stove
I think Id better sue them

#37    electric chris

electric chris

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

View Postseeder, on 01 November 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

im going to sue them so I have to place smart

#38    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,264 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

View Postelectric chris, on 07 November 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

I think Id better sue them

from the op:

"Mr Guest fell out with Eon over a bill in 2010. To resolve the problem, the firm entered his house while he was out and installed a prepayment meter using legal powers granted by the Warrant of Entry Act".

Right so are you still in debt or has some debt been put on the meter to be taken weekly? Even so thats not an issue really, ALL providers are RESPONSIBLE for their meters, unless the customer damages it, so, have YOU damaged your meter?

If not then there shouldn't be an issue unless you're holding something back? The C-A-B says:

"Remember, if your supplier doesn’t send an engineer to repair your prepayment meter within a set time period, you should be entitled to a compensation payment under the Guaranteed Standards Scheme"

and

If you report a problem with an electricity meter between 7am and 7pm on a working day, the supplier must send someone to repair or replace the meter within three hours of you reporting it.

At other times, the supplier must send someone within four hours.

If they don't and the meter turns out to be faulty, the supplier should pay you £22 compensation. This is called a guaranteed standard.

MORE
http://www.advicegui...r_is_faulty.htm

So go to the CAB or phone them, and start living normally again. Its a no brainer really..

Plus in all my life and at every place Ive lived you always get 3 meters, electric, gas and water. So if you have a prob with one meter, why arent you topping up the other meter? You cant really have 2 meters with same fault can you, and in light of the fact you MUST have individual meters.. why is the story only saying you have issues with one meter?

Lets say its the leccy meter, that STILL leaves you with a gas supply to heat and cook with doesn't it?

Edited by seeder, 07 November 2013 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users