Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man ate part of victims face

Simbi Laveau

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/29/jaime-vigil-murder-ate-face_n_2213723.html

Albuquerque NM.

A man was found wandering around a hotel complex,covered in blood. Inside one of the rooms,a man was found dead,with part of his face eaten .

Motive and cause of death,still under investigation

Bath Salts again?

If this is traced back to "bath salts" I hope laws will be passed that give the chemists LIFE for creating this crap. They are vultures feasting on the weakness of society.

I guess they need to move the bath salts to the Seasoning section of the grocery store. Tho I haven't met many men who use bath salts I'm thinking at this moment that's a good thing.

Bath salts, again no link to any cases like this

What of the guy who police shot while he was in the act of eating his victim in Fla. earlier this year? That was bath salts. And if it isn't a trend started by some new drug then I find it to be most distressing that human beings have suddenly started eating one another on a whim.
  • Like 2

My mom and aunts used to make that stuff from the head of a hog. It was absolutely DISGUSTING to see it being made and I never could force myself to even taste it but the older folk in the family loved it on sandwiches...gross....

What of the guy who police shot while he was in the act of eating his victim in Fla. earlier this year? That was bath salts. And if it isn't a trend started by some new drug then I find it to be most distressing that human beings have suddenly started eating one another on a whim.

His toxicology report showed no signs of 'Bath Salts'. Only Marijuana.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/27/medical-examiner-causeway-cannibal-not-high-on-bath-salts/

• Like 1

http://miami.cbsloca...-on-bath-salts/

I stand corrected. So I guess this is some new phenomena where a startling number of people are behaving in very similar, almost copycat ways, doing something that heretofore was unheard of except in zombie story lines. It's damned distressing. When I was a kid I can remember the older folks using an expression that meant they could only be harmed up to a point by their enemies and not beyond that. It went: "Well you can kill me but you can't eat me" - so much for that little witticism. Edited by and then
  • Like 1

Stories like this make me wonder. Is life imitating art? Have zombies become such a titilating part of culture that people would actually consider imitating zombie behavior?

The idea of a real, live (or dead - whatever) zombie is silly, but human behavior is immensely complex. People do things for the strangest reasons. Think of all the other atrocities that people perpetrate - why shouldn't impulsive cannibalism be one of them?

• Like 2

Bath salts, where did this idea come from?

maybe he sprinkled the salts on the victims face to add flavour?

i am no pathologist, but i would say it was cannibalism.

http://miami.cbsloca...-on-bath-salts/

And they say marijuana is safe? mind you, we do not know what chemicals they are putting into the "erb today. They do not make things like they used to! (roll eyes).

I have heard of the "munchies", but this is ridiculous!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

It makes you wonder how many murdererers and violent offenders there is under the influence.

Well apart from these cases and the more obvious Manson Family loonies.

But it takes a certain type of mentality to eat somebodys face.

It goes beyond a simple case of extreme munchies.

He might have been trying to absorb the persons soul to give him mental strength.

Or trying to munch the brains to get some smarts.

But I don't believe marijuana can effect your personality enough to kill somebody.

However medical tests don't lie...

• Like 1

Bath salts aren't those scented crystal things women put in the tub.... They're some new drug. lol

Also, just because the guy has pot in his system doesn't mean the pot had anything to do with him munching some guy's face off. I would suspect horrible mental illness.

• Like 6

Crazy is crazy....doesn't matter if you smoked weed or not. Hell...more violence is carried out under the effects of alcohol than any other substance and it's still legal.

There is always going to be lunatics...you can prohibit anything and everything and there will still be psychopaths and murderers...it's just the way it is.

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 3

I stand corrected. So I guess this is some new phenomena where a startling number of people are behaving in very similar, almost copycat ways, doing something that heretofore was unheard of except in zombie story lines. It's damned distressing. When I was a kid I can remember the older folks using an expression that meant they could only be harmed up to a point by their enemies and not beyond that. It went: "Well you can kill me but you can't eat me" - so much for that little witticism.

Yeah it is a bit weird how many of these types of attacks that have happened now.

At first I was thinking that these sort of attacks were fairly common just didn't make the news. Then since the Florida Cannibal they were shown on the news as being some sort of new drug.

But now there has been a fair few of these types of attacks most from the same rough area of America. Which makes it more weird.

Coffey made a long list of all these types of attacks in the Florida Cannibal thread, cant find the link right now, on my phone.

• Like 1

And they say marijuana is safe? mind you, we do not know what chemicals they are putting into the "erb today. They do not make things like they used to! (roll eyes).

I have heard of the "munchies", but this is ridiculous!

I doubt it was marijuana that caused it. And they don't 'put' chemicals into marijuana, it grows its chemical (THC) itself.

Gives a whole new meaning to, "my meal is looking at me". I'll say sorry now, but the cheek Is the best part! lol

If a weirdo was going to re-enact the feeding habits of a zombie, wouldn't they go straight for the "brains"?

Never in history have I ever heard of Face being a good Munchie snack! ;p

Edited by xCrimsonx

I was under the impression that 'bath salts' were a combination of known drugs like heroin, cocaine and speed. But i guess i was misinformed. I do know it got it's name for been packaged and labelled as bath salts. But i wonder the connection with cannabalism.

Sorry to get a bit off topic, seeing as it seems that bath salts weren't an issue here, just it was mentioned quite a bit.

I was under the impression that 'bath salts' were a combination of known drugs like heroin, cocaine and speed. But i guess i was misinformed. I do know it got it's name for been packaged and labelled as bath salts. But i wonder the connection with cannabalism.

Sorry to get a bit off topic, seeing as it seems that bath salts weren't an issue here, just it was mentioned quite a bit.

Bath Salts is the main brand name for it in America. It's called Plant Food in the UK. Both legal to by over the counter in a lot of parts. Calling it bath salts and plant food are the way way they make it legal, plus the 'Do not consume' label. It's illegal here in Australia but you can still by it, just not in a store.

From what I gather, there are two main drugs in these 'bath salts'. MDPV or Mephedrone. MDPV is still legal in most countries including most of Australia (Except WA).

Still no reports of these drugs causing cannibalism. A lot of these attacks that involved recently were blamed on Bath Salts but I don't think any where confirmed.

Now i'm not saying there is any cause of these attacks. For all we know these sort of attacks that had biting involved were fairly common, just not reported or news-worthy. And ever since the 'Florida Causeway Cannibal' any incident remotely involving biting is classed as 'another cannibal attack'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephedrone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylenedioxypyrovalerone

Edited by DKO
  • Like 1

PCP, DMT, Peyote all crap americans love to add to their dope ya bunch of weirdos... be happy with the basics :P

Truth be told it's probally some form of bath salts that was sprayed onto the pot, which is very mean.

Or criminals/"chemist" are getting smarter and changed their base ingrediants to have the same effect which is arrogant if you deny.

That's what the "pot pouri" companies in Aust. are doing, gov screws them over they bring out a new strain now there is about 10 strains of "pot pouri" that is more stronger than the illegal stuff, in saying that I still just don't like man made drugs at all.

PCP, DMT, Peyote all crap americans love to add to their dope ya bunch of weirdos... be happy with the basics :P

Truth be told it's probally some form of bath salts that was sprayed onto the pot, which is very mean.

Or criminals/"chemist" are getting smarter and changed their base ingrediants to have the same effect which is arrogant if you deny.

That's what the "pot pouri" companies in Aust. are doing, gov screws them over they bring out a new strain now there is about 10 strains of "pot pouri" that is more stronger than the illegal stuff, in saying that I still just don't like man made drugs at all.

This is what I've heard. The chemists who create and sell this poison keep changing the ingredients subtly enough to stay a step ahead of law enforcement. Cannibalism aside, I have heard horrible stories of people becoming dangerously psychotic after ingesting this crap. The descriptions made me think of the witnesses to demon possession.
  • Like 1

Yes that legal 'marijuana' they sell here has killed two people now. Marijuana, zero deaths.

And you're right, they have been through three different 'strains' now. Once one gets banned, they roll the new chemical out which isn't banned yet.

• Like 1