Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Everyone Inbred?

DreamRebel

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DC09

• PsychicPenguin

• Talon

• gatekeeper

The bible says everyone came from Adam and Eve. This means we are all brothers and sisters, not just in the spiritual sense but the literal. Am I missing something? This question always stands out in my mind.

It wasn't wrong to marry your realitive until the time of Moses, I think.

Yes, it's true. I am sure that the pre-flood people of earth looked quite different than we do now. I am sure they were much bigger at least, I don't know though. It's cool to think about what we must have looked like way back then.

Adman and Eve were probably the first Homo sapiens to walk the earth at time when there was Neanderthals. Their children went out into the world to couple with Neanderthals as believe within this article

Wednesday, 21 April, 1999, 07:42 GMT 08:42 UK

Neanderthals 'mated with modern humans'

A hybrid skeleton showing features of both Neanderthal and early modern humans has been discovered, challenging the theory that our ancestors drove Neanderthals to extinction.

The skeleton of a young boy was found in Portugal.

Scientists say it shows for the first time that Neanderthals, who became extinct tens of thousands of years ago, mated with early members of our own species…..

Here is the reset of the article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/323657.stm

If you really want to confuse people, Cain slew Able, and was cast out into the world where he was marked so that no one would kill him. If Adam and Eve begat only two sons, Where the heck did they find wives. And why did god mark Cain so that no one would kill him?

Once again I would say that Cain married a Neanderthal and the mark would have to be some form of protection since strangers were not ususally a welcomed sight.

Edited by gatekeeper

If you really want to confuse people, Cain slew Able, and was cast out into the world where he was marked so that no one would kill him. If Adam and Eve begat only two sons, Where the heck did they find wives. And why did god mark Cain so that no one would kill him?

Source

Cain and the land of Nod

Some claim that the passage in Genesis 4:16–17 means that Cain went to the land of Nod and found a wife. Thus, they can conclude there must have been another race of people on the Earth, who were not descendants of Adam, who produced Cain’s wife.

‘And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bore Enoch: and he built a city, and he called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.’

From what has been stated previously, it is clear that all humans, Cain’s wife included, are descendants of Adam. However, this passage does not say that Cain went to the land of Nod and found a wife. John Calvin, commenting on these verses, states:

‘From the context we may gather that Cain, before he slew his brother, had married a wife; otherwise Moses would now have related something respecting his marriage.’13

Cain was married before he went to the land of Nod. He didn’t find a wife there, but ‘knew’ (had sexual relations with) his wife.14

Others have argued that because Cain built a ‘city’ in the land of Nod, there must have been a lot of people there. However, the Hebrew word translated as ‘city’ need not mean what we might imagine from the connotations of ‘city’ today. The word meant a ‘walled town’ or a protected encampment.15 Even a hundred people would be plenty for such a ‘city.’ Nevertheless, there could have been many descendants of Adam on the Earth by the time of Abel’s death (see below).

Who was Cain fearful of? (Genesis 4:14)

Some claim that there had to be lots of people on Earth other than Adam and Eve’s descendants, otherwise Cain would not have been fearful of people wanting to slay him for killing Abel.

First of all, in the days before civil government was instituted to punish murderers (Genesis 9:6), someone would want to harm Cain for killing Abel only if they were closely related to Abel! Strangers could hardly have cared. So the people Cain was afraid of could not have been another race of people.

Second, Cain and Abel were born quite some time before Abel’s death. Genesis 4:3 states:

‘And in the course of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering to the Lord.’

Note the phrase ‘in the course of time.’ We know that Seth was born when Adam was 130 years old (Genesis 5:3), and Eve saw him as a ‘replacement’ for Abel (Genesis 4:25). Therefore, the period from Cain’s birth to Abel’s death may have been 100 years or more—allowing plenty of time for other children of Adam and Eve to marry and have children and grandchildren. By the time Abel was killed, there could well have been a considerable number of descendants of Adam and Eve, involving several generations.

Just another show on how skeptics and believers alike twisted the context of the bible.

Skeptics say that the bible is inconsistent. Believers say that there Adam and Eve had many other children. Either way, it is apparent that there are facts outside the bible, so why not evolution wink2.gif

Just another show on how skeptics and believers alike twisted the context of the bible.

Skeptics say that the bible is inconsistent. Believers say that there Adam and Eve had many other children. Either way, it is apparent that there are facts outside the bible, so why not evolution wink2.gif

laugh.gif

Don't start.... tongue.gifgrin2.gif

Ok lets simplify it

Bible explains why

Evolution explains how

In first Genesis story on the sixth day God created animal then man. Evolution first there were animals then from the mammals came the birth of man. Evolution could be the process of how this was achieved.

Not really, the bible says that God created men first (Adam), then proceeded with plants and animal, and finally created Eve. Just adding some confusions tongue.gif

Wrong.

Day One

Watery, formless planet Earth suspended in the darkness and void of space (no stars, no sun, no moon, no planets - except for Earth).

Light.

Separation of light from the darkness - and the first indication that the planet is rotating (day and night cycle produced).

Day Two

Formation of Earth's atmosphere, separating the water into two parts:

(a) oceanic and subterranean water

( B ) atmospheric water.

Day Three

Dry land and oceans.

System to water the entire land surface using subterranean waters (involving springs or mist, or both).

Vegetation, seed-bearing plants, trees that bear fruit.

Garden of Eden (probably).

Day Four

Sun

Moon - complete with established orbit so as to mark passage of time (months, seasons, and years).

Stars and other planets.

Day Five

Water creatures of all kinds. (All that had "the breath of life" were vegetarian.)

Birds (all vegetarian).

Day Six

Land animals (all vegetarian): (a) creatures that move close to the ground (small animals), ( B ) large animals, and ( c animals of use to man as livestock.

Man.

Woman (saving the best for last). wink2.gif

Edited by Kellalor

Kellalor is correct. And as far as Cain and his 'wife' went. Perhaps Cain mated with a primate...chimpanzee? Or perhaps Adam and Eve had scads of children both male and female in the garden. Perhaps because of Eve and Adam's original sin the whole human race, as it were, was banished from the garden. Perhaps they all went their seperate ways and Cain and Abel were the first offspring out of

the garden............... blink.gif

There are two different Genesis’s stories each telling a tale, so which one to believe in or do you follow them both say with the evolution theory. Before any modern humans walk the earth, there were certain type of animals and Neanderthals. Then from another section of the planet enters Adam and Eve where there the terrain, plants and animals are different. Cain is born and banish from this area. He travels around and come across a village of Neanderthals and becomes part of their tribe. Adman and Eve are the first of modern humans onto the planet whose genes are spread through out the world. There has been theories that humans and Neanderthals are separate species along that they interbreed with each other.

Edited by gatekeeper

Adam and Eve were the first man and woman that God created right? Well, who's to say that God didn't create other men and woman after them?

I heard a while ago that apparently all people in Europe can be traced back to 7 men and 7 women.

Woman (saving the best for last).

Considering Lilith was an utter failure and he had to make Eve as a replacement, thats not really true rolleyes.gif

As for 'Is Everyone Inbred?', Not as much as the Royal Family tongue.gif

the answer is most probably YES so lets all stop arguing and sit down for a chat with a nice cup of herbal tea!

ph34r.gif

Woman (saving the best for last).

Considering Lilith was an utter failure and he had to make Eve as a replacement, thats not really true rolleyes.gif

As for 'Is Everyone Inbred?', Not as much as the Royal Family tongue.gif

Lilith is considered a myth.

(Though I guess to you, the entire Bible is a myth.) rolleyes.gifgrin2.gif

Indeed, Lilith and Rei are myths, but Adam and Eve arn't..... huh.gif oh dear god, I fell the sudden need to admit defeat! tongue.gif

Indeed, Lilith and Rei are myths, but Adam and Eve arn't..... huh.gif oh dear god, I fell the sudden need to admit defeat! tongue.gif

Good. wink2.giftongue.gif

laugh.gif

Because so many peeps in this place don't get sarcasm I just want to make it clear I'm not actually admitting defeat tongue.gif

Because so many peeps in this place don't get sarcasm I just want to make it clear I'm not actually admitting defeat tongue.gif

Awww, don't worry Talon. I know it. laugh.gifwink2.gif

Oh from the amount of smilies I know that that you know, although it is nice to be confirmed that you know, and to confirm you that I know that you know however my concern is for those who don't know, not in the sense that I know that you know, but that rather they themselves may not know, but now I know that you know, and you know that I know that you know and now they too... know.

.... wacko.gif

For those not familiar with my brother, that was his way of confusing everyone so much, that they back away from his arguement in terror dontgetit.gif