Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The race to create 'green' energy...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

A promising development in creating green energy are the advances made at a US National Laboratory in Northern California. If Artificial Photosynthesis can be made viable on a commercial scale then the production of direct energy (in the form of ethanol) rather than via electricity, AND the absorption of Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide during the process could be the "magic bullet" for sustainable energy.

Read more courtesy of the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-23370278

#2    shrooma

shrooma

. . . . Dazed & Confused . . . .

• 3,846 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

with zero point energy & cold fusion research stalling, and turning into the hares of the green energy race, let's hope this artificial photosynthesis idea turns into a bit of a tortoise!
clean energy plus carbon reduction can only equal a win-win situation i reckon.....
:-)

Edited by shrooma, 21 July 2013 - 09:47 AM.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,029 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Not really new, the problem they will encounter is the same as all: in the lab it works quite well... the problems start in large scale.

I find the algae process developed by a Spanish company much more promising... yet we hear little about it.

View Postshrooma, on 21 July 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

with zero point energy & cold fusion research stalling, and turning into the hares of the green energy race, let's hope this artificial photosynthesis idea turns into a bit of a tortoise!
clean energy plus carbon reduction can only equal a win-win situation i reckon.....

It would not really reduce carbon unless you pump the alcohol into dry oil wells. But it would sure contribute to a stabilization.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    shrooma

shrooma

. . . . Dazed & Confused . . . .

• 3,846 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 21 July 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

I find the algae process developed by a Spanish company much more promising... yet we hear little about it.
there was a thread on here about it i seem to remember?
with probably the same scaling-up problems.
or lack of commercial interest.....

It would not really reduce carbon unless you pump the alcohol into dry oil wells. But it would sure contribute to a stabilization.
pump the alcohol into dr.....?!
BLASPHEMERRRR!!

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users