Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Zoo bosses accused of bbq their own animals

eskiltuna parken zoo

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,346 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Bosses at a Swedish zoo have been accused of barbecuing their own animals for a staff party.

The Parken Zoo in Eskiltuna, west of Stockholm, put two of their own wildebeest on the menu for the event, it is claimed.

Financial constraints were said to be behind the decision to cook the animals.

http://www.dailymail...taff-party.html

Posted Image

#2    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,850 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

That's horrible.. Not that I wouldn't eat a wildebeest if I needed to.. there was just no reason for this. :td:

#3    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostNikkiAidyn, on 05 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

That's horrible.. Not that I wouldn't eat a wildebeest if I needed to.. there was just no reason for this. :td:

I really hate to do this, but many zoo's around the world use a practice of raising some native species for food for the preditory species. They used to do this in the US until there was an outcry over the practice from a couple animal rights groups. So they dropped the practice.

Ok, so the guy roasted up a couple of wildebeest? Maybe his budget for the party was tight?

#5    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,850 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 05 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

I really hate to do this, but many zoo's around the world use a practice of raising some native species for food for the preditory species. They used to do this in the US until there was an outcry over the practice from a couple animal rights groups. So they dropped the practice.

Ok, so the guy roasted up a couple of wildebeest? Maybe his budget for the party was tight?

I know they use them for predatory species, but they're not meant to be bbq'ed for a party.
I wonder how it tasted though.. probably like beef. :P

#6    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,675 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

That is absolutely hilarious.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#7    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,545 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Zoos in 2013 should be closed.
No more animals should be intook.

The whole scenario should be shut down.
All financial resources should be piled into supporting the animals in their natural habitat

Edited by Mistydawn, 05 January 2013 - 10:02 PM.

Posted Image

#8    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

All financial resources should be piled into supporting the animals in their natural habitat

i beg to differ. the more people know/see an animal, the more they will care about animals in their wild environment :)

#9    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 05 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

i beg to differ. the more people know/see an animal, the more they will care about animals in their wild environment :)

Very true.....and occasionally wopnder what they'd taste like. C'mon guys they still eat horse meat in Europe and no one gets all up tight over that, Wildebeest?  Proabably, no big deal over there so don't get all upset over it. It's not like they're an endangered species.

#10    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hey i like horse meat. there is absolutely nothing wrong with it as far as Meat goes. it's no worse than  some nations in the world that still eat Dog,  even though i could not do that.

As to shutting down zoos. what would you do with the animals???   they can't be put back in the wild many if not most  zoo animals were born in captivity and don't know how to survive without mankind feeding them  they would not survive. shutting down zoos would cause several more species to become extinct  being as the only place in the world several species still live is in zoos.

#11    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,675 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostMistydawn, on 05 January 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

That is a horrible idea. The education and breeding programs that zoo provide are absolutely essential to the survival of many many species. To shut them down would be the direct cause of the extinction of many species.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

*jaw hanging*
Financial constraints ?

FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS  ! ARE THE ******* KIDDING !?!?!

Don't anyone tell me animals are as bad as human ,ok ....don't even TRY .
That's like an aquarium saying,oh gosh ,we have no money for the Xmas party ,go fish some shrimp and crab out of a, tank....maybe a few porgies from that tank ....,and we will do a crab boil and fish fry .
*bangs head on desk*

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 07 January 2013 - 07:11 AM.

Miss me?

#13    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

You say it like it's a bad thing but budget cuts are a part of life everywhere now.

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 07 January 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

That is a horrible idea. The education and breeding programs that zoo provide are absolutely essential to the survival of many many species. To shut them down would be the direct cause of the extinction of many species.

Besides, without them then we'd have to kill animals from the wild for the BBQ party.

#14    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,675 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 07 January 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

Besides, without them then we'd have to kill animals from the wild for the BBQ party.

Right? Why hunt wild animals when we have a large and tasty supply already?

#15    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

My point exactly!

:yes:

Also tagged with eskiltuna, parken zoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users