Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Experiences with Jesus

SpiritWriter

additional tags:

christ

cosmic christ

white light

only way to god

redeemer

salvation

resurrection

background on me:

I come from an atheist background but have experienced God in more ways than one. It was not until I had experiences with Jesus that I began to actually connect my previous religious encounters with God at all. In the back of my mind I have always believed in God. From the first moment I heard of God I believed. The skeptics who say that it is just my mind, I have to say, that is all well and good, but I believed in Him.

The evidences I have of Jesus (I am not trying to convince any one of anything - I am merely testifying what I have seen. I know that this can mean absolutely nothing to some readers and that's ok.)

1.) When I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and savior I received the Holy Ghost first thing the next morning and It filled my heart for more than 16 hours with the "Oil of Joy/Oil of Gladness" which is a real phenomenon in which you feel actual oil pouring into your heart with an absolute gladness with the type of Love you will never again be able to receive (unless again you get a grand gift from the Lord). This experience, if it were to stand on its own would be the #1 reason I believe in God. After experiencing this - there is no way I could reject him. This is surprising, because by its description it seems as nothing at all and it is very easy to see why a skeptic would not be convinced by this evidence...

2.) I had another impartation of the Holy Ghost (which I associate with Jesus because it is described in the scriptures as the gift he would give to believers... this is the aspect of the Bible that I think should be spread - and most importantly - KNOW GOD FOR YOURSELF- Including find your own way to God - IF POSSIBLE - *The kingdom of God is within you. - But Jesus is real and regardless of the responses we get on this thread, there truly is testimony after testimony of this phenomenon - there is nothing at all be afraid of or offended by concerning these matters). During those same first few days I was filled with the spirit and could suddenly sing in a magnificent voice, unknown at all to me. These words came out on their own accord and were glorifying God, I had no control over my speech or my body. Some people received the gifts of talking in tongues, but I experienced the Holy Ghost as 'automatic singing'. I had another experience where I went into 'automatic prayer'.

3.) I saw a purple cross lit up across the sky. There were three of us together. This also, may not seem amazing, but if you were there you would have seen the intensity of the light and the clearness of the cross. I live in Seattle Wa, no-where near the Aurora Borealis... FYI

4.) I was in a room with my friend who was holding an infant that couldn't talk at all, except maybe the first words like "Mama" and "Da-Da". I wrote Jesus on the chalkboard and that little boy opened his mouth and said "Jesus" plain and clear as day and I'm not lying, there were no verbal cues at all, just the written word on the chalkboard...

Anyway, that might not seem like much, but these are the experiences that prove the existence (to me) of Jesus. I have other testimonies of 'God in General'. But I do tremendously accredit my relationship to God, with the Living Power of The Word of God - Jesus Christ - Resurrection Power - etc. and the Holy Ghost - and these are my reasons why...

I must also mention the words "born again". This phenomenon is a complete change in your spiritual awareness. It can happen as suddenly as a moment, or over the course of just one night. It may also happen over time. It can happen to someone who already confesses they believe in God, or an atheist of any degree. People receive "conversions" and suddenly feel to have a 'brand new spirit' or 'a complete change of mind'. These Born Again sensations, can happen multiple times, and with each occurrence you get closer and closer to God...

You may have been once near God and then felt far away and another "conversion" has brought you near again. This has happened for me a number of times and it was always the work of God and nothing that I did on my own.

I hear the statement "There is only one way to God" etc. "Jesus is the way, etc..." and I know there are many Gods and Goddesses revered - How does having these multitude of Gods differ in 'the belief in' or 'effectiveness in' the "Almighty"? Briefly, what are your thoughts on this comparison, for those believing in the many Gods. I know there is Islam and Judea, (If you are of these faiths, tell us how you, over time get closer to God? )I feel that a true devotee of these faiths seek after the same face of my God, which is the God of Abraham, etc... However -

I believe in a God bigger than Jehovah, (as in, the one that only hovers over one mountain) NO OFFENSE - I LOVE YOU LORD! You know in my heart what I mean! <3 Please show me mercy!

To all of my love worthy brothers and sisters - I understand that for some reason the subject of Jesus is very "touchy" I don't know why that is, but please, take a few breaths and relax if you must. I guess I could welcome the negative comments in advance, but I don't, I just expect them. One day my children, saith the Lord, we will be untied under the skies floating upward, on that day we will bump into each other and burst. I will see your glossy purplesent globe for what it is, and you will see mine.

right?

:)

SO PLEASE MY FRIENDS - Jesus Encounters? and Other Ways To God?

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

my connection as a young boy (maybe around 5 or so) was that god always protected me and loved me no matter what just like my mother, my mom also told me that god is only ever good and that evil is man made. she also taught me that god has no races in the world that there is only the "human race" and god is all colors and all ethnicity so treat everyone like they were your own. so i guess my experiences all came from my mother and that god is good, but even tho i have grown away from believing in god a lot of her beliefs i would say have just taught me to be a good person.

• Like 1

Well, that is beautiful. My mom also is an atheist, and like you, she is a very good person. I see the God in her even though she doesn't believe. :) :)

• Like 1

my connection as a young boy (maybe around 5 or so) was that god always protected me and loved me no matter what just like my mother, my mom also told me that god is only ever good and that evil is man made. she also taught me that god has no races in the world that there is only the "human race" and god is all colors and all ethnicity so treat everyone like they were your own. so i guess my experiences all came from my mother and that god is good, but even tho i have grown away from believing in god a lot of her beliefs i would say have just taught me to be a good person.

btw I quoted that same poem you have on another web-site. I like it a lot.

• Like 1

God first

thanks Spirit Writer

I myself have had out of body experiences

and I understand "born again" differt than you I see it has being "conceive from above"

in Hebrew and Greek "conceive" is another word that can be translated from "born"

in Hebrew and Greek "from above" is another word that can be translated from "again"

in the gospels Jesus talks about planting seeds

Christ the seed in us the gift from above

that is why it talks about some speaking in tonges but Christ said I never knew you

before you can be born you must be conceive

the seed must be planted

the image must be in you

I have ideal of living forever

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Edited by Roy Perry
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SpiritWriter, Your spirit is beautiful and your testimony is in line with a true encounter with God in the person of Jesus Christ.

The "born again" is not something you decide. You have no more control over your spiritual birth than you did over your physical birith. You didn't decide when, where, or how you were going to be physically born. It is 100% by the shed blood of the spotless blood of the Lamb. Add anything to the blood and you dilute it. Believing is the evidence you have eternal life. Not the way to get it.

God has many, many chosen elect children who are eternally saved and do not know it. The only way to eternal life is through the Son, Jesus Christ. But Jesus is not helpless to save unless you meet some requirement or accomplish some work such as believing. It is not by man meeting some condition. It's by the election of God. The Bible says it will be inhabited with as many as the sands of the sea and the stars in heaven. That means it is an uncountable number. But the number of believing Christians now and in the past are very countable. Some nations' statistics say there is less than 1% inhabitants who are Christians. That's why they need the gospel. So they can hear the beautiful news and appreciate on whom to worship. Good news is just that good news. News can't birth anyone. News can make one know and realize what they already have.

1Cor. 2:14 says the natural man (unspiritual man) can not receive the spiritual things of God and NEITHER CAN HE KNOW THEM. If the natural man cannot even understand in order to make a decision to "accept" Jesus, then God has to perform a spiritual work on the man first in order for him to receive and accept. Making that the evidence. Not the way to merit it by some condition (work) that has been accomplished.

God bless us all is my prayer.

• Like 1

SpiritWriter, Your spirit is beautiful and your testimony is in line with a true encounter with God in the person of Jesus Christ.

The "born again" is not something you decide. You have no more control over your spiritual birth than you did over your physical birith. You didn't decide when, where, or how you were going to be physically born. It is 100% by the shed blood of the spotless blood of the Lamb. Add anything to the blood and you dilute it. Believing is the evidence you have eternal life. Not the way to get it.

God has many, many chosen elect children who are eternally saved and do not know it. The only way to eternal life is through the Son, Jesus Christ. But Jesus is not helpless to save unless you meet some requirement or accomplish some work such as believing. It is not by man meeting some condition. It's by the election of God. The Bible says it will be inhabited with as many as the sands of the sea and the stars in heaven. That means it is an uncountable number. But the number of believing Christians now and in the past are very countable. Some nations' statistics say there is less than 1% inhabitants who are Christians. That's why they need the gospel. So they can hear the beautiful news and appreciate on whom to worship. Good news is just that good news. News can't birth anyone. News can make one know and realize what they already have.

1Cor. 2:14 says the natural man (unspiritual man) can not receive the spiritual things of God and NEITHER CAN HE KNOW THEM. If the natural man cannot even understand in order to make a decision to "accept" Jesus, then God has to perform a spiritual work on the man first in order for him to receive and accept. Making that the evidence. Not the way to merit it by some condition (work) that has been accomplished.

right, I agree and have seen this to be true...

Edited by SpiritWriter

This topic is exactly what I was looking for.

A few days ago, I had a dream about sitting in a car with Jesus. We discussed existential questions and problems with mankind.

I think it would not be wise to ask what this dream means, because the meaning of dreams are very subjective, but I would like to know what Christians would think about this. I am spiritual, and I would like to hear some opinions.

Edited by Astrometry
  • Like 1

not exacty a jesus experience but something that i thought of as soon as i read your post ..... many years ago when i was in my early 20s i guess i was feeling a little lost in my life. i had been brought up with no particualr faith and i guess because i was not sure of why or what my purpose in life i started reading various religious books..anything i could get my hands on, of all faiths trying to get some answers i guess. normal evening, went to bed but had a bit of strange dream. normally when i dream i tend to be an observer, like watching a play, but this one i was directly involved with. this is actually the first time ive ever told anyone about it. i mean how do you bring it up in general conversation lol.

i found my self in a room that seemed to have marble floors and pillars. lots of people in there, mostly ladies wearing traditional indian sarees , everyone seemed happy, almost a party atmosphere. everything thing seemed so vivid, much more so than my normal dreams and i could smell and taste things which i normally cant do in my dreams, all the colours where so bright. in the center of the room was a man, the most beautiful man ive ever seen, with black hair and the darkest eyes like pools. he was dressed in oranges and golds and had flower garlands round his neck. he appeared to have eye liner round his eyes. his presence seemed peaceful but also powerful at the same time. i walked around the room looking at things and taking everything in. at the time i didnt know who the man could be, i now know he resembles in his looks and dress sri krsna. as i wandered round i heard someone call my name and i turned to find this guy infront of me. i could even smell his scent. he bent down to whisper in my ear, as he did so i looked him in the eyes. that for me was when it got really freaky. it was like time stood still and i have never felt so naked, naked to my soul in front of him it was like he knew everything about me from the begining of time itself. i could sense his power, like no power ive felt before, i felt about an inch tall in front of him. but there was more than power there, there was also love, love like ive never felt, like love to the very depths of your soul...this is much harder to describe than i thought lol how do you describe something undescribable . it was like the whole universe and time itself was in his eyes. this is the point in the dream i started to panic, because this wasnt right was it, i kept telling myself it was just a dream but i couldnt stop the panic rising, just sheer terror that this man could see right into the parts of us that we hide even from ourselves. i could still smell the incense, hear the music, still smell him. i dont think i was far off a panic attack at this point. then he spoke he said "dont slip into a dream this is real. youre doing ok." then i did panic. i panicked and woke my self up .

i woke drenched in sweat with my heart hammering so hard i thought i was was going to have a heart attack, pinned to the bed in fright. this was 24 years ago now, ive never dreamed like this again and i still wonder about it, was it just a freaky dream or maybe it was more, i really dont know. i guess ill never know. and why dream of krishna who i didnt know about at that point, im from a christian area so surely my brain would have been more likely to get me to dream of a jesus type character. but it did change me, im more content now and im maybe more inclined to think there is a higher power or at least something bigger than us out there. im also inclined to think there is only one power..many different nations call it by many different names but it is just one entity/power/god/energy.

was definately a dream that freaked me out

Edited by lizt
  • Like 1

I had an experience with Jesus once. We met in a park on a cold autumn day. I forgot my coat and we laughed. He let me borrow his. He asked me out. Later that week, we went out to the fanciest dinner I had ever been to. He kept turning my water into wine and we got a little tipsy! We took in a show then went back to my place. It was the most intense night I have ever had!

He never called me again... :cry:

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 4

I had an experience with Jesus once. We met in a park on a cold autumn day. I forgot my coat and we laughed. He let me borrow his. He asked me out. Later that week, we went out to the fanciest dinner I had ever been to. He kept turning my water into wine and we got a little tipsy! We took in a show then went back to my place. It was the most intense night I have ever had!

He never called me again... :cry:

What?! He told me I was the only one!! Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2

"Jesus’ great gift is that he sees everyone as who they truly are. He refuses to accept appearances; he refuses to believe what others believe of themselves. He always has a higher thought, and he always invites others to it. Yet he also honors where others chose to be. He does not require them to accept his higher idea, merely holds it out as an invitation.

He deals, too, with compassion—and if others chose to see themselves as Beings needing assistance, he does not reject them for their faulty assessment, but allows them to love their Reality—and lovingly assists them in playing out their choice.

For Jesus knows that for some the fastest path to Who They Are was the path through Who They Are Not.

He does not call this an imperfect path and thus condemn it. Rather he sees this, too, as “perfect”—and thus supports everyone in being just who they want to be.

Anyone, therefore, who asks Jesus for help receives it.

He denies no one—but is always careful to see that the help he gives supports a person’s full and honest desire.

If others genuinely seek enlightenment, honestly expressing readiness to move to the next level, Jesus gives them the strength, the courage, the wisdom to do so. He holds himself out— and rightly so—as an example and encourages people, if they could do nothing else, to have faith in him. He will not, he says, lead them astray.

Many did put their faith in him—and to this day he helps those who call upon his name. For his soul is committed to waking up those who seek to be fully awake and fully alive in God.

Yet Christ has mercy on those who do not. He therefore rejects self-righteousness and—as does his Father in heaven—makes no judgments, ever.

Jesus’ idea of Perfect Love is to grant all persons exactly the help they request, after telling them the kind of help they could get.

He never refuses to help anyone, and least of all will he do so out of a thought that “you made your bed, now lie in it.”

Jesus knows that if he gives people the help they ask for, rather than merely the help he

wants to give, that he is empowering them at the level at which they are ready to receive empowerment.

This is the way of all great masters. Those who have walked your planet in the past, and

those who are walking it now."

Edited by KKOPPI

This topic is exactly what I was looking for.

A few days ago, I had a dream about sitting in a car with Jesus. We discussed existential questions and problems with mankind.

I think it would not be wise to ask what this dream means, because the meaning of dreams are very subjective, but I would like to know what Christians would think about this. I am spiritual, and I would like to hear some opinions.

In my opinion dream-land is an extension of reality that we go into a place where spiritual beings can communicate with us. I think this is particularly so for dreams that last all night long, as apposed to ones that are just at the end of a sleep cycle (not that these too are not apart of that same realm). Dreams that are very prominent, vivid and long lasting I feel are the most meaningful from this realm. The message conveyed from it is to be remembered, make you think, contemplate what it means for yourself. I know many have had dreams of Jesus and most of these dreams are of this 'vivid' nature. I think this is his way of communicating with you. He is a real spirit, still in existence, and still speaking to us. I would not take your dream lightly, try to remember as much as you can about what was said and make sense of what was said and enjoy your gift of his visitation. :) :)

i woke drenched in sweat with my heart hammering so hard i thought i was was going to have a heart attack, pinned to the bed in fright. this was 24 years ago now, ive never dreamed like this again and i still wonder about it, was it just a freaky dream or maybe it was more, i really dont know. i guess ill never know. and why dream of krishna who i didnt know about at that point, im from a christian area so surely my brain would have been more likely to get me to dream of a jesus type character. but it did change me, im more content now and im maybe more inclined to think there is a higher power or at least something bigger than us out there. im also inclined to think there is only one power..many different nations call it by many different names but it is just one entity/power/god/energy.

was definately a dream that freaked me out

What I said to the above poster, I would say to you. I definitely think your dream was of an extraordinary nature and that you were visited by this Krishna (or whoever it was) and not Jesus, but this shows the versatility of God and the spirits that have come and have power. You make me want to go read about Krishna now. His name does sound like Christ...

Once long ago I felt like I was touched by jesus.

If anyone has a doll I can point to the place?

Edited by Atlantia

What I said to the above poster, I would say to you. I definitely think your dream was of an extraordinary nature and that you were visited by this Krishna (or whoever it was) and not Jesus, but this shows the versatility of God and the spirits that have come and have power. You make me want to go read about Krishna now. His name does sound like Christ...

krishna and christ can both be translated to mean anointed one and they are both similar in the fact they were considered by many the holy spirit in human form. there was even a culling of infant children in krishnas time. krishna was born into a royal household (reminds me of jesus's house of david) vaishnava's who follow krishnas teachings see jesus as a great teacher, as his mission was to spread the love of god. its a faith well worth looking into, try reading the bhagavad gita - as it is by his divine grace srila prabupada...it is a faith based on the laws of karma and reincarnation.. and how each soul must migrate through different lifetimes before gaining the knowledge which will allow them back home to the eternal spirit.

after my dream i spent time at the temple trying to learn more about this character krishna...and have to admit this faith struck a cord with me, more so than any others that i had come across. im no expert but if you have any questions about it feel free to message me and i will explain what i know..or find an ISKON temple near you on google...the monks are always very happy to answer any questions you might have. it is one of the oldest known faiths and its teachings are usually written in sanskrit.

my profile pic is krishna :)

Edited by lizt
  • Like 1

krishna and christ can both be translated to mean anointed one and they are both similar in the fact they were considered by many the holy spirit in human form. there was even a culling of infant children in krishnas time. krishna was born into a royal household (reminds me of jesus's house of david) vaishnava's who follow krishnas teachings see jesus as a great teacher, as his mission was to spread the love of god. its a faith well worth looking into, try reading the bhagavad gita - as it is by his divine grace srila prabupada...it is a faith based on the laws of karma and reincarnation.. and how each soul must migrate through different lifetimes before gaining the knowledge which will allow them back home to the eternal spirit.

after my dream i spent time at the temple trying to learn more about this character krishna...and have to admit this faith struck a cord with me, more so than any others that i had come across. im no expert but if you have any questions about it feel free to message me and i will explain what i know..or find an ISKON temple near you on google...the monks are always very happy to answer any questions you might have. it is one of the oldest known faiths and its teachings are usually written in sanskrit.

my profile pic is krishna :)

oh ok, I think I have felt this spirit before too. He is blue correct? Well you don't have to answer but he is depicted as blue. I read a little bit about it, or have seen pictures. I haven't read much.

• Like 1

and thank you for your reply, because this addresses the question ... other ways to God and the divine spirit etc... I will look into it more for my own benefit of 'religious' well roundedness. Thank you. :)

I agree with you in your other post about, different names, same story etc...

Ok I see that more than just Krishna is depicted as blue...

yes krishna is often shown as blue child or a slightly less bright blue adult, as an adult he is often seen with a flute surrounded by peacocks and cows, with his consort radha.

there are many different ideas on why he is depicted blue, but the colour blue is often associated with the infinate and would make it obvious in a painting, that this wasnt an ordinary run of the mill guy.....some of their art /paintings are very pretty

• 3 weeks later...

I read this again. I really agree. You have given a beautiful description. :)

Peace <3

SpiritWriter: Thanks - It is refreshing to come in contact with a born again Christian who hasn't become burdened down with so many works they must do and try to convince others to do in order to be eternally saved: such as accept, believe, repent, be baptized, obey, etc.

I guess the reason so many Christians get mislead down that path is that there are so many times in the Bible the word "save" like in "save yourself", etc. in which Christians think the word saved is talking about eternal salvation. Saved just means delivered. If it is something man must do in order to be delivered --- it is talking about earthly deliverance --- if a Christian can do any work of disobedience which will annul eternal salvation ------- then it never was ETERNAL salvation after all. God loves His elect with an everlasting love. If He stops loving it is not everlasting. If an evil thought is as evil as the deed in God's eyes, there is no hope for man aside from His grace. Not by works lest anyone boast and take some of the credit away from God and place on self. That self produced a work of being smart enough, or fortunate enough to accept Jesus in the lick of time. No, it's 100% by the blood.

Stay in the word and you will grow.

Thanks again. God bless us all is my prayer.

• Like 1

Jesus Encounters? and Other Ways To God?

Actually, I have never seen the exact biblical Jesus Christ. But despite this, I have seen "several Jesus Christs" at once, if I can say it that way.

One wisdom says: "There are more ways that lead to the same place, but all of them must be walked along in a manner to really get there."

Christianity is one of the ways but not the only way.

God is too distant from people both by his nature and by the place where he stays. But there are Beings somewhere between the God and us and they are more human then the God himself. They are more suitable for us than the "inhuman God". He is beyond our human comprehension. But his "more human" servants can get in touch with us more closely.

There are Beings who have the character and perfection of biblical Jesus Christ after his resurrection and moving to the Heaven. They are like him and when you are a Christian and you pray to Jesus Christ, you can connect to them. The connection is living and it works.

Although Christianity is not complete truth and man needs some more complete knowledge to become wiser, it is possible to connect to the "God", more precesily to the Holy Beings that serve him, by means of the Christian belief. It is not a bad thing at all, to be a Christian. And even a better thing is to be a better educated and repaired Christian.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm happy that you have had such encounters and I believe too. God bless!