Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mother does school run on a modified bicycle

school run bicycle children emily finch

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,356 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

How about this for a voluminous velocipede? An American super-mum has hung up her car keys and now does the school run on a modified bicycle that carries not just her, but SIX children as well.

Inventive Emily Finch, 34, of Portland, Oregon, cycles up to 20 miles a day around town with her three youngest (plus a friend) in a bucket on the front, one in a child seat and another towed behind on a bike. Her eldest, Nathan, keeps up the rear!

And there's not a murmur of 'are we there yet?' from the young Finches Mary, Lucy, Ben, Olivia and two-year-old Maya.

http://www.dailymail...X-children.html

Posted Image

#2    Kaikou

Kaikou

The Akuma Plant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

• What If you could look right through the cracks....

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

It's a cool Idea and will probably keep her in great shape. I can't help think of the safety risks though. It's carrying quite a bit of weight.

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,064 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Wow! Now THAT is what I call a work out!! I can't imagine wearing a dress like that while bike riding, though.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,423 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

When you are in a car and are trying to pass a cyclist on a busy road it can be very frustrating.

#5    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

No big deal , I have seen more Asians on a small motorbike :o

TiP.

The people who post in the fun and games section have a serious problem with gerbils, this includes and is not limited to Helen, JC and Oversword - they need to seek professional help stat.

#6    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,234 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Only in Portland. Really. LOL.

Although, I have to say I admire her... like Seattle, Portland isn' t exactly the great American flatlands... the area is made up of a lot of HUGE hills. She's gettin' quite the work out! LOL.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#7    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,955 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Something isn't right it would be incredibly difficult to pedal that weight in that position, 20 miles a day i don't think so and steering it would be a nightmare, i wonder if all those children are really hers they all look different?

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

#8    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,478 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

If those were my kids.. they wouldn't be going anywhere near a busy road in that contraption.  Looks like a tragedy just waiting to happen.  In my opinion.

#9    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Dangerous, especially the girl on the back. Silly woman :rolleyes:

#10    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,478 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

View Postbones101proof, on 14 September 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Lol! she asks her kids when she brings a new man home, "Now kids, what do we say to a nice man mommy just met?" Kids, all at once ask, "Are you my daddy?"

"She's a nice girl but her children look like M&Ms.  All different colours." -- My mother telling me about a new neighbour.

lol

#11    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

Some of those kids should be on their own bikes and taking themselves off to school.. The little ones with the mother are grand...

In my day, we just walked back and forth.. Kept us all fit..I loved to walk to school in those days..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#12    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,955 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostEldorado, on 14 September 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

"She's a nice girl but her children look like M&Ms.  All different colours." -- My mother telling me about a new neighbour.

lol
If she got the six dads to pedal they'd do 20 mile a day easy.

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

#13    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 12 September 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

How about this for a voluminous velocipede? An American super-mum has hung up her car keys and now does the school run on a modified bicycle that carries not just her, but SIX children as well.

Inventive Emily Finch, 34, of Portland, Oregon, cycles up to 20 miles a day around town with her three youngest (plus a friend) in a bucket on the front, one in a child seat and another towed behind on a bike. Her eldest, Nathan, keeps up the rear!

And there's not a murmur of 'are we there yet?' from the young Finches Mary, Lucy, Ben, Olivia and two-year-old Maya.

http://www.dailymail...X-children.html

hope they dont get a thunder storm.. or heavy wind storm

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users