Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Confucius Answered...

ambelamba

A disciple (or student) of Confucius asked him, "What happens when a person dies?"

Confucius answered, " I don't know. I didn't die yet."

Actually, the progenitors of Taoism believed a similar concept: Why do you care? That was their attitude on afterlife.

When Catholicism and its view on afterlife was introduced in Korea many hundred years ago, aristocrats scoffed saying, "What? Isn't that a ripoff of Buddhist afterlife?" The problem was that even the primitive Buddhism believed the same kind of thing. They believed that afterlife was not important.

Something that westerners should think about.

• Like 2

As one of my Druid mentors said, make your religion life not death.

It isn't that death is important or is not important ... it is neither ~ and it should not be the 'most important' ... hence how we die depends on how we had lived ...

`

It is important to have some understanding of the afterlife because that is the purpose of life, to grow spiritually, this life is passing and that world is eternal, however I agree that its important to focus on the present, yet learn from the past, and strive for the future.

Post edit: I've met Confucius in the spirit world, he taught me "with life, don't be like the claw, be like a leaf" we were surrounded by tigers in a garden on a mountain. He is a lovely spirit. It took me a long time to learn what this simple teaching from him was really saying, it was about life, a leaf gets its strength from its flexibility.

Edited by Irrelevant

It is important to have some understanding of the afterlife because that is the purpose of life, to grow spiritually, this life is passing and that world is eternal, however I agree that its important to focus on the present, yet learn from the past, and strive for the future.

Post edit: I've met Confucius in the spirit world, he taught me "with life, don't be like the claw, be like a leaf" we were surrounded by tigers in a garden on a mountain. He is a lovely spirit. It took me a long time to learn what this simple teaching from him was really saying, it was about life, a leaf gets its strength from its flexibility.

EDIT: I...just don't know what to say but I know that I shouldn't be rude on UM.

Edited by Ron Jeremy
  • Like 1

Hi Ron, here’s a Chinese master’s view.

“How can I tell if the love of life is not a delusion? How can I tell whether a man who fears death is not like a man who has left home and dreads returning? Lady Li was the daughter of a border guard of Ai, when the Duke of Chin first took her, she wept until her dress was soaked with tears but once she was living in the Dukes palace, sharing his bed and eating delicious food she wondered why she had ever cried. How can I tell if the dead are not amazed they ever clung to life?

Those who dream of a great feast may weep the next morning. Those who dream of weeping may enjoy the hunt the next day. While they dream they do not know they are dreaming, they may even interpret their dreams while they are dreaming. Only after they awake do they know it was a dream. By and by there will be a great awakening, and then we will know that this is all a great dream. All the while the fools think they are awake, appearing to understand things calling this man ruler and this man herdsman! How stupid! You and Confucius are both dreaming and when I say you are dreaming I am dreaming too.

These words may sound like double talk, yet after 10,000 generations, we will meet a Great Sage who can explain all of this, or it may happen anytime now!” Chaung Tzu

• Like 1

Every time a Great Sage's name is mentioned ... I look at them in face ...

946227_10152971628650475_1657495535_n.jpg

:yes:

~

EDIT: I...just don't know what to say but I know that I shouldn't be rude on UM.

Say what you want, he'd probably talk to you if you thought the spirit world mattered..shock horror Noah is also a good friend of mine, I've also spoken with Jesus and some ( but not all) of the disciples, can tell you what they like to wear if you want? Noah dresses in brown, Jesus in white, Paul likes to where dark blue with golden sun and moon symbols...

I have also attended School in the spirit realm, surrounded by many of different faiths, the monks sit at the front, Tibetan first row, grey in the next row...might seam strange to you? Christ is the teacher, its very much like being back at school, Your all going to find this out when you get there and meet them all in the great square anyway..if your invited. God is the invisible force in both realms and he is the one who issues these invitations.

The other night JP2 came up to me and said " have you found your feather?" I looked up and said "yep!" He smiled, nodded and walked on. Most of us have very childish and soft hearts...but don't take that as a sign of weakness.

I also had my wife and 3 children pass from a car accident a few years ago, sometimes I see them too, play with my boys on a BMX track, spend time with my daughter catching butterfly's, what I say with my wife is my business..

As indicated, , if you knew the spirit world you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it

So if you got something to say in judgement about me say it...I assure you it would sound as foreign to me as this would to you, I'm not hear to convert anybody...and yes , Confucius is a a very relaxed and wise spirit.

Edited by Irrelevant

And just so you know, Confucius is one of the lamp stands before the throne of God that is mentioned in the bible, along with Buddha , Mohamad, Moses.. U guys can find this all out when you get there..I wish you all blessings on your chosen paths.

My hostility to supernatural views and mysticism came from my own very personal experiences. But honestly I don't want others to go through the same ordeal because half of you would end up killing yourselves if you went through it.

I would doubt that. I been though a lot and seen a lot. But we won't understand unless you tell us what your talking about. I lost everything for a while and got what was important back. When you lose everything you find out what really matters.

Anyway, I gotta be honest. Spirit world? Really?

Can't unsee what I have seen, can't unknow what I have learn and experienced. Now I am off to picnic with Witches, my life is good. Magic is a'foot.

:)

• Like 1

Anyway, I gotta be honest. Spirit world? Really?

You still believe in what you were taught in the cult, all of it. That is why you are seeking to destroy all belief in an afterlife. My mother tried to do this, she sounded a lot like you and was deprressed for much of her life. Anyone can fall into a cult, but they are not the end all of belief, spritrual belief, religion or sprituality.

Study a more healthy approach to the Christian path, it is up to you. Then, decide to not believe, at least it will be honest. Not saying you are not tryling to be, but you really protest too much.

Good luck on your journey....if what I say is off mark (it could be of course) just ignore me.

peace

Mark

Cult? What cult? My opinion on supernatural is my own idea. It wasn't injected by no one.

• Like 1

Cult? What cult? My opinion on supernatural is my own idea. It wasn't injected by no one.

You keep bringing up you experience with the group you belonged too when you were in college....sounds like a cult to me, the effects seem to be long lasting. Here is quote from this thread that you posted

:

My hostility to supernatural views and mysticism came from my own very personal experiences. But honestly I don't want others to go through the same ordeal because half of you would end up killing yourselves if you went through it.

If I am wrong about this, fine, ignore me ;-)....it is often hard to get each right when all we do is post. You take on the christian faith is certainly not mine, nor of many Christians that I know. Though there is Westboro isn't there?

Peace

mark

I don't think Ron wants to be a Christian and there is nothing wrong with that. He is Ron and well eventually find his way.

It's more like I don't want to go back to Christianity.

Thanks Ron for the clarification. Like I said, writing can be a diffiuclt medium in understanding deeply where someone is coming from. I wish you the best, the very best.

peace

mark

I don't think Ron wants to be a Christian and there is nothing wrong with that. He is Ron and well eventually find his way.

Yeah, I agree now, that is why it is always good to ask ;-). Today, there is a lot of going to and fro, lots of things to study and people to talk to. Gives people a wider avenue to look at the world.

peace

mark