Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Biden sure is laughing alot as to not be

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#46    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostLegaia, on 12 October 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

If I was being cut off by a moderator on this site, and I asked if I could respond to someone, how in the hell would I be in the wrong?

"No, I get to respond." is not asking.

Neither Biden NOR Ryan had a problem moving on when their moderator said it was time to move on.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#47    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 12 October 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

"No, I get to respond." is not asking.

Neither Biden NOR Ryan had a problem moving on when their moderator said it was time to move on.

Dear god, are you serious? Biden had no problem moving on when the moderator said so? It seems that we watched two different debates last night.

In the case that Romney actually said that he "gets to respond", according to the rules, he should have gotten one. I'm sure that you'll question that though, too.

I should've just watched the Steeler game last night... :unsure2:

#48    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostLegaia, on 12 October 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Dear god, are you serious? Biden had no problem moving on when the moderator said so? It seems that we watched two different debates last night.

In the case that Romney actually said that he "gets to respond", according to the rules, he should have gotten one. I'm sure that you'll question that though, too.

I should've just watched the Steeler game last night... :unsure2:

Oh, I'm sorry. I was under the impression that there was a time limit...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...

#49    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostCorp, on 12 October 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

Oh and just want to throw this in: ENOUGH WITH THE PERSONAL STORIES! Next debate the mod should have the power to slap them whenever they try to use a personal story to answer a question.

No doubt. I find that Biden tends to do this more. He's a bit of a drama queen. Someone needs to tell him he's not Bob Dylan, I don't need a long back story to lead into the song, just cut to the chase and make your point so you don't have to whine later about not having enough time.

Posted Image

#50    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,427 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

I accidentaly watched 10 seconds of Biden being rude and a poor sport.  Since I only watched 10 seconds I'm sure I missed the part where the other guy was a complete dick also.

#51    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostVein Capital, on 12 October 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

No doubt. I find that Biden tends to do this more. He's a bit of a drama queen. Someone needs to tell him he's not Bob Dylan, I don't need a long back story to lead into the song, just cut to the chase and make your point so you don't have to whine later about not having enough time.

ALL politicians talk about their families. Unlike most people, Biden went though a tragedy.

My "about me" page...

#52    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 12 October 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

ALL politicians talk about their families. Unlike most people, Biden went though a tragedy.

It's funny you should say that ...

*cue music*

... Cause I'll never forget the day that my dad looked at me and said, "son ... Don't be an ass. When are you moving out?"

Posted Image

#53    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

An rim-shot:

the LA times take on the laughing

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#54    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'll tell you my take...whether you want it or not.  You all should know by now that I didn't have a horse in this race.  My guy isn't even invited on the stage though he should be (scared much?).  If you are on the ballot in all the states...your presence should be a given...but this is the broken system we have.

Ryan looked like a scolded brat child.  Hell I thought he was going to tear up at one point.  Biden reminded me of one of my crazy uncles...that is not terrible...but based on this particular uncle...not an award winning endorsement either.

I think Biden handles himself like an experienced politician should.  Ryan...not so much.  And when the topic of Syria came up and Ryan basically caved and agreed with the current administrations plans...that had fail all over it.
Posted Image

I don't care for either party or any of these candidates...so I am just going to call this as I saw it...no favoritism at all.  Biden kinda blew it on the Libya attacks.  I understand it is an ongoing investigation, but...Biden/Obama look really bad on this one...sorry folks, but it's true.

In the big picture, Biden came across well seasoned and experienced and Ryan looked like a kid that got sent to the principals office and Biden was the Principal.  I know that is going to rub some of you wrong, but that is just a plain out observation.

I really wish they would have invited Judge Jim Gray in on this...I think he would have smoked both of them.  Just my slightly slanted opinion.  BUT...since he wasn't...I am just calling what I observed.  All-in-all...it was basically a draw.  Ryan took a topic, Biden took a topic and the rest was just circle jerking...but if you want to judge it based on presence of personality...Biden wins.

Posted Image

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#55    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

That's why I hate the debates. Only the two major parties? What? Did all the third parties vanish when the 'big boys' (I mean they're fat on their own hubris) start talking? No, the two main parties just yell the loudest. I do wish third parties could participate... "Democracy"! :rolleyes:

Posted Image

~MEH~

#56    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,642 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

It was said after the Obama and Romney debate,  the polls show more women favored Romney, but I can tell as a women in the Bidin and Ryan debate there be more young women votes ,  Ryan sure is a cutie pie:) :) :) lets face it thats how Obama won, the women votes, but now he old dude:)

2012 VP Debate Review: CNN poll declares that Paul Ryan wins

Read more: 2012 VP Debate Review: CNN poll declares that Paul Ryan wins | Washington Times Communities

Edited by docyabut2, 12 October 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#57    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostVein Capital, on 12 October 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

It's funny you should say that ...

*cue music*

... Cause I'll never forget the day that my dad looked at me and said, "son ... Don't be an ass. When are you moving out?"

I always got, "Don't do anything stupid." My old man was a real piece of work about 75% of the time.

Edited by WoIverine, 12 October 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#58    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 12 October 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

And Biden has lied through his teeth several times now... (he should at least be sly about it :unsure2: ).

Plus Biden needs to work on his public speaking abilities, he keeps "umming and ahhing". tsk. tsk.

Me thinks the republican guy is winning here... :whistle:
Maybe he, like Obama, was a victim of the altitude...gosh those jets are nasty, aren't they? :whistle:

Posted Image

#59    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 12 October 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

Sure it going to seem like Biden won, she let him take over the whole show.  She did`nt give Ryan much time to answer before cutting him off. I would have liked to seen a more fair debate.
You noticed that too? I thought it was sort of the same in the Romney/Obama debate, where Obama took more speaking time by, what was it? 30 min? than Romney. Makes me think that these "mods" have their own agendas...not unbiased at all, if you ask me.

Posted Image

#60    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 12 October 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

Martha Raddatz was an awful moderator I argee, for she is democrat, she even invited Obama to her wedding,  go figure who side she was on. Like I said a really unfair debate.  All Biden did was make a raving  ##% of himself,  not like Ryan who tried to talk sense.
I wish for once we could get a conservative moderator, just to be fair.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users