Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Life in our solar system

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Mapuana

Mapuana

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:09 AM

My bad...I totally forgot that this thread was about life in this solar system...

lol

#17    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 22 October 2003 - 07:24 AM

If we ever find life in the solar system other than on earth it would be devastating to many religions. Frankly I would be a bit worried if someone actually does land on another planet and brings something back to Earth. It could be contaminated by heaven knows what. Also if there are other living creatures on any of the planets besides this one....THEY may be harmless, but if there is one there are probably more out there would be my guess. Or for that matter if we do get to actually go to another planet that holds other life forms we could equally be dangerous to them via Earth born viruses etc.  Something to think about.........

#18    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 22 October 2003 - 10:22 AM

True...imagine the common cold infecting some alien race and wiping half of them out huh.gif

On the plus side, it does mean that invasion would likely be impossible...the best defence would be a sneeze...

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#19    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 03 November 2003 - 03:25 AM

I think that if they had proof that there was life in our - or any solar system - they would publish it. Firstly it would convince taxpayers that all their money hasnít been spent in vain!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users