Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demonic Entities?

JustNormal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• Radian

• Pythia

• Barek Halfhand

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It makes for good movies. :tu: But since I am not religious, I don't really believe in it.

Hi All, What do you think and believe regarding demonic spirits and exorcism? :devil:

lets play PSI battleship instead.....B

Edited by Barek Halfhand

It makes for good movies. :tu: But since I am not religious, I don't really believe in it.

Can you explain why you dont believe in it? Do you not think there are evil spirts as well as friendly ghosts?

lets play PSI battleship instead.....B

Ok you're on. But how do we play that? You first? :blink:

I believe just b/c we may not believe in the existence of demons doesn't necessarily mean they DONT exist.

Imo::

There are several ways to bring them into our lives, from addictions to playing with the occult. This can range. I believe people with a tendency to be sensitive tend to (attract) these entities more so.

I think demonic entities have the capacity for intelligence, I don't know why some folks assume them all to be stupid. Not all are stupid.. some even above average intelligence.

The difference b/t a demonic haunting and Ghost- person haunting is the demonic entity is more powerful, violent, brings other issues with it, aggressive, and will make every attempt to put on a visage as a person's spook... it attempts to lie about its identity, for example, naming itself from someone who lived before in order to convince... they have knowledge to.

When a person is experiencing a demonic haunting, there isn't just a haunting going on... there tends to be much more. THe entire household is affected... it can range from financial, emotional, psychological, et, there is not an end to its effects inside the home, merely haunting can be only half the problem.... everyone is effected, not one is immune to this force....

thats all I can think of at moment.. :]

"Can you explain why you dont believe in it? Do you not think there are evil spirts as well as friendly ghosts?"

I am not sure I believe in ghosts at all. I believe it's a possibility - one that deeply interests me. I have trouble reconciling my religious (or lack of) beliefs with the idea of ghosts, at least as ghosts as being manifestations from the afterlife. I believe once you are dead, that's the end of the road. (However, I am also the open-minded type, and won't shut out the possibility that such things can happen.) I tend to think that if there is something out there, it has a scientific explanation that we don't understand yet. Make sense?

I do not believe that there is some invisible source of evil that sends malicious beings after us just to torment us... I think that a lot of the things experienced, which are called demons, are simply products of the human mind... Or aliens/inter-dimensional travelers who don't really like us that much. Either one works for me. Just not "Soldiers of Satan whose sole purpose is to eff up humanity." ANYTHING but that, please. @_@

Pardon if I'm not very composed at the moment. Have been awake for over 30 hours, willingly. :P

I believe just b/c we may not believe in the existence of demons doesn't necessarily mean they DONT exist.

Imo::

There are several ways to bring them into our lives, from addictions to playing with the occult. This can range. I believe people with a tendency to be sensitive tend to (attract) these entities more so.

I think demonic entities have the capacity for intelligence, I don't know why some folks assume them all to be stupid. Not all are stupid.. some even above average intelligence.

The difference b/t a demonic haunting and Ghost- person haunting is the demonic entity is more powerful, violent, brings other issues with it, aggressive, and will make every attempt to put on a visage as a person's spook... it attempts to lie about its identity, for example, naming itself from someone who lived before in order to convince... they have knowledge to.

When a person is experiencing a demonic haunting, there isn't just a haunting going on... there tends to be much more. THe entire household is affected... it can range from financial, emotional, psychological, et, there is not an end to its effects inside the home, merely haunting can be only half the problem.... everyone is effected, not one is immune to this force....

thats all I can think of at moment.. :]

WOW I could not agree more Sunni. I could never figure out how a demon could be smart, or intelligent. I have learned it's because they were that way in life, in death. Yes, it effects every aspect of our lives, for sure. It tends to feel like there is a black cloud over our heads till it makes itself known. Also, it can attach itself to another human spirit, that stops in to check on a loved one. It can follow you from location to location. Many people up and move, thinking that will solve their problems, however it surfaces again and again. I was shocked to find out they can pretend to be a loved on, only to fool us, then go full force. Do you think people who die a violent death, can rest in peace? Thanks for your comments.. :innocent:

WOW I could not agree more Sunni. I could never figure out how a demon could be smart, or intelligent. I have learned it's because they were that way in life, in death. Yes, it effects every aspect of our lives, for sure. It tends to feel like there is a black cloud over our heads till it makes itself known. Also, it can attach itself to another human spirit, that stops in to check on a loved one. It can follow you from location to location. Many people up and move, thinking that will solve their problems, however it surfaces again and again. I was shocked to find out they can pretend to be a loved on, only to fool us, then go full force. Do you think people who die a violent death, can rest in peace? Thanks for your comments.. :innocent:

Ok, this is getting interesting, there is still a lot Im learning too-- bare with me...

I don't believe (at all) that demons were ever human. I believe they have always been demonic spirit. As angels of God have been angelic, demons have been demonic. I believe they are the same equilevent to Satan, and Angels are to God... They have their assignments, and they have their rankings, as so do the angels...

Yes, it knows about those family memebers who come to visit...and they can hold some captive, I believe they are nuissance... and human spirit avoid them when possible. I also believe it will follow a person, regardless if the person moves or not... The person in so many words has to be blessed with everything else that comes with them, IMO.

I have seen a couple of kids that have visited me who one died with diptheria and the other by car accident. They were NOT at peace. I believe if the person was spiritually aware enough and crossed over but wasn't confused or angry, or looking for some closure, I believe that person can go to the other side at peace regardless how they died... many people do. Some don't. Some come back to find that closure or just will NOT accept death... imo, of course.

"Can you explain why you dont believe in it? Do you not think there are evil spirts as well as friendly ghosts?"

I am not sure I believe in ghosts at all. I believe it's a possibility - one that deeply interests me. I have trouble reconciling my religious (or lack of) beliefs with the idea of ghosts, at least as ghosts as being manifestations from the afterlife. I believe once you are dead, that's the end of the road. (However, I am also the open-minded type, and won't shut out the possibility that such things can happen.) I tend to think that if there is something out there, it has a scientific explanation that we don't understand yet. Make sense?

Yes it does make sense. But in my opinion (speaking from experience) it has nothing to do with science? How does anyone on Earth know, what happens when we pass on? They dont. I look at it this way, nothing really ever dies. A tree that "dies", is cut down, used for paper so it lives on and on, then paper is recycled over again. Also certain trees grow acorns which drop to the ground, to feel squirrels and other animals, and when buried they create another tree. Leaves "die" but provide shelter from the snow, to use for footing, and in then fly away. Smoke that goes up the chimney, creates clouds. Vehicles die, and are demolished, only to be used for salvage and recycled over and over again. So why would we humans, get buried and just decompose in our graves? I do believe the body or shell dies, but the soul lives on. Whether it stay earthbound or moves to the next plane, our soul is what makes us who we are. Demons are people who horrible in life, and tend to attach themselves to anything or anyone, just to hurt, harm, or scare just like when they were living. Thats my theory..

I do not believe that there is some invisible source of evil that sends malicious beings after us just to torment us... I think that a lot of the things experienced, which are called demons, are simply products of the human mind... Or aliens/inter-dimensional travelers who don't really like us that much. Either one works for me. Just not "Soldiers of Satan whose sole purpose is to eff up humanity." ANYTHING but that, please. @_@

Pardon if I'm not very composed at the moment. Have been awake for over 30 hours, willingly. :P

Thanks for your theory. I do however respectfully disagree.

I tend to think that if there is something out there, it has a scientific explanation that we don't understand yet. Make sense?

Emotions are not scientific, but they are there and they are real! Just b/c we can't prove them doesn't make them exist any less------Just because something can't be related to science doesn't mean it does NOT exist. That is narrowminded... YOU CAN"T PROVE SPIRIT WITH SCIENCE, NOR, CAN YOU PROVE SCIENCE WITH SPIRIT.... How can you prove something that is not scientific at all with science.... This is false reasoning.

Ok, this is getting interesting, there is still a lot Im learning too-- bare with me...

I don't believe (at all) that demons were ever human. I believe they have always been demonic spirit. As angels of God have been angelic, demons have been demonic. I believe they are the same equilevent to Satan, and Angels are to God... They have their assignments, and they have their rankings, as so do the angels...

Yes, it knows about those family members who come to visit...and they can hold some captive, I believe they are nuissance... and human spirit avoid them when possible. I also believe it will follow a person, regardless if the person moves or not... The person in so many words has to be blessed with everything else that comes with them, IMO.

I have seen a couple of kids that have visited me who one died with diptheria and the other by car accident. They were NOT at peace. I believe if the person was spiritually aware enough and crossed over but wasn't confused or angry, or looking for some closure, I believe that person can go to the other side at peace regardless how they died... many people do. Some don't. Some come back to find that closure or just will NOT accept death... imo, of course.

Yes and I for one, enjoy interesting posts-I learn something every day so not to worry. So you believe they spend eternity terrorizing people, and not ultimately go to wherever IT belongs? Good concept. I always felt they had to go back, and face the music so to speak, but that is just my assumption. I feel the same way as you in a sense about people who pass from violent deaths, and many from what I heard dont even know they are dead, or as you said wont accept it. If someone is violently murdered, I cannot imagine resting in peace, due to the emotions during the torture and violence at the time of death. I feel for those souls..The one incident that convinced me that they need closure is that of Laci Peterson and her unborn son Conner. WHO would have possibly thought they would wash ashore about a mile from where Scott dumped them in the ocean like garbage. I call that "divine intervention." We all die, and to die of disease, or another illness is the way life takes us. To lose a child, has to be the worst thing a Mother can go through, even though the child may be at peace..oops I went on and on..LOL.. :wacko:

Somehow, I knew this topic would be here today! Imagine that!

I don't believe in demons. At least, not the kind that people accuse of haunting them or possesing them.

I don't believe that demons haunt houses or posess people. Why would they do that?

If you were a demon and you had this power, would you waste it haunting poor little "so and so" in Wisconsin?

And why would any self respecting demon want to waste it's time in some teenage girls body, for crying out loud!

There are so many better ways to cause trouble. There are so many better ways to spread evil.

I have experienced a lot of paranormal stuff in my lifetime. I've run across some very scary spirits, as well as the helpful and the playful.

I've seen some powerful spirits, so powerful that they could probably do anything they wanted, and some of them were dangerous.

But I've never seen a demon, heard a demon or experienced a demon and I don't think anyone else has either.

The paranormal investigators will tell you, "Oh you have a demon in your house!" That's what I call a scare tactic.

How do they know? I've heard people talk about low-level demons and high-level demons, once again where is the proof?

Noone knows what goes on after death. Noone knows anything about demons or angels. There is no proof, unless you are willing to accept as proof what is written in the Bible. And that's not much.

This is all my opinion of course and I won't be offended if anyone argues with me, but I would rather that you have some sort of proof to your claims if you're going to tell me about a demon.

I think that all hauntings are just that, hauntings. I can't see why people think that they are so important that they warrant a demon from hell to come and haunt them, when a regular ghost would scare them just as bad, apparently.

This is all my opinion of course and I won't be offended if anyone argues with me, but I would rather that you have some sort of proof to your claims if you're going to tell me about a demon.

Yes, and before I argue with you, I would rather you have some sort of proof to your claims if you tell me there is no such thing as demons....

See how this works? :tu:

I think that all hauntings are just that, hauntings. I can't see why people think that they are so important that they warrant a demon from hell to come and haunt them, when a regular ghost would scare them just as bad, apparently.
where do the lines between "negative energy spirits" and "demons" dissolve?...is my question....
.....this is all my opinion of course and I won't be offended if anyone argues with me, but I would rather that you have some sort of proof to your claims if you're going to tell me about a demon......
:tu: I think you are most polite actually.... .but you are only partially correct in your assumptions...imho.....B

halfhandshuffle:Adam Ant - Friend or foe

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Yes and I for one, enjoy interesting posts-I learn something every day so not to worry. So you believe they spend eternity terrorizing people, and not ultimately go to wherever IT belongs? Good concept. I always felt they had to go back, and face the music so to speak, but that is just my assumption. I feel the same way as you in a sense about people who pass from violent deaths, and many from what I heard dont even know they are dead, or as you said wont accept it. If someone is violently murdered, I cannot imagine resting in peace, due to the emotions during the torture and violence at the time of death. I feel for those souls..The one incident that convinced me that they need closure is that of Laci Peterson and her unborn son Conner. WHO would have possibly thought they would wash ashore about a mile from where Scott dumped them in the ocean like garbage. I call that "divine intervention." We all die, and to die of disease, or another illness is the way life takes us. To lose a child, has to be the worst thing a Mother can go through, even though the child may be at peace..oops I went on and on..LOL.. :wacko:

I wouldn't say that they (demons) are here to soley terrorize folks, but like angels are often guiding us, I do *think* they can somehow try to stumble the plan... if that makes sense. They are assigned these jobs whatever they may be.... that's what I believe.

I have a picture that I find very unsettling about this subject of passing in peace and staying behind, I will send that to you in PM... One pic that I find very (emotional) almost draining....

NO! you are empathizing with Laci, I see that too.. I found that so awful... I believe her mother has dreamed about Laci a time or two, which to me, says Laci is staying around her mother somewhat... peace purposes, I find it difficult to believe she found peace as well. but God knows I hope so.....

Yes, and before I argue with you, I would rather you have some sort of proof to your claims if you tell me there is no such thing as demons....

See how this works? :tu:

Oh, yes I know how this works I've been reading here for a little while. I didn't claim that there were no such things as demons, I just said that I don't believe in them in the sense of haunting and posessing humans. There may be some out there lurking and creating havoc somewhere, I just don't think that they would waste their power on one piddly little human. Do you? and why?

Edited by cyqe

where do the lines between "negative energy spirits" and "demons" dissolve?...is my question....:tu: I think you are most polite actually.... .but you are only partially correct in your assumptions...imho.....B

halfhandshuffle:Adam Ant - Friend or foe

To me "negative energy spirits" were once human. Demons were never human.

Of course I'm polite, I respect other people and their opinions and I expect the same.

What part of my "assumptions" do you disagree with? and how do you know whether or not I'm correct?

Edited by cyqe

It depends what you interpret a demon as...I don't like the term demon... and not in the bible way...but if it equals a non human spirit of a negative energy then yes IMO such things do exist....

Edited by Anvil

Oh, yes I know how this works I've been reading here for a little while. I didn't claim that there were no such things as demons, I just said that I don't believe in them in the sense of haunting and posessing humans. There may be some out there lurking and creating havoc somewhere, I just don't think that they would waste their power on one piddly little human. Do you? and why?

You said that any one who believed in such things should bring proof to your argument that there wasn't.. Unless, of course, I misunderstood.

Now, these forces are not only assigned to hurt the lives of people (and do come as problems in many different mask) but there are others that are assigned bigger assignments as well. As I believe the angels are ranked and given duties by God, I believe these entities are given the similar duties, but thru different means.

Great Mysteries are :

1 - Evil against Evil

2 - Despite the world in which we live most people don't believe in demons.

3 - When a Daemon was told it was evil the Daemon was honestly puzzled. It was an evil being but not within the human definitions of evil. Evil is a mystery humans have yet to understand.

4 - Without a day there's only night and without the night there's only day. But that is not the case and many are blind to that truth.

You said that any one who believed in such things should bring proof to your argument that there wasn't.. Unless, of course, I misunderstood.

Now, these forces are not only assigned to hurt the lives of people (and do come as problems in many different mask) but there are others that are assigned bigger assignments as well. As I believe the angels are ranked and given duties by God, I believe these entities are given the similar duties, but thru different means.

Someone we both know is turning to God to alleviate the problem of a demon. Why would a demon (spawn of Satan) do something that would turn someone towards God? Wouldn't that just defeat the demons purpose?

Why do you believe that demons are ranked and given duties? Why do you think that angels are ranked and given duties?

What part of my "assumptions" do you disagree with? and how do you know whether or not I'm correct?
tell you what ...why don't you guess witch assuptions I disagree with ......I think I recollect you informing us that you have at least been a reader here for a while ....right?......B

halfhandshuffle:dethklok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdcmSpS5CYQ

Edited by Barek Halfhand