Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Too much evil in this world

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 09 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

It doesnt seem ignoring will make it stop or go away. I understand that sentiment and there's days I must take off for my sanity. But I will never stop trying to make this world a better place. I have a child and I think of him and his future and when I feel weak I gain strength that I am itleast trying to do my part.
I agree with your sentiment, but think we have to remember our limits.  The reason the news is full of all the awful stuff is because people like it.  I don't, and I have to actively avoid having my life soured by this stuff.  The idea that we try to make this world a better place has a huge chunk of ego in it, and a considerable potential for doing nothing but make things worse and generate a lot of frustration.

#17    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 09 February 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

I think that line from Boondock Saints covers it quite well

" "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men."
Well I don't know; the indifferent are kinda by definition not so good, but even compassion must be moderate.

My wife was like that -- she would get upset (I mean really upset) by some item in the news -- some horrible thing that happened.  It would make her miserable for days at a time.  To what end?  There is nothing she can do about it except be upset.

Or, she would start to worry about something -- global warming or overpopulation or what the Chinese might do or how young people are so disrespectful or how awful the air pollution is -- now there are a few things one can and should do about these things, but they aren't going to solve the problem -- they are only going to be a tiny drop in a huge ocean.

When I would try to calm her or get her mind on other things, she would accuse me of not caring, so of course I leaned to just shut up and let it pass.

In the end we can only live our own lives, and can be responsible only for our own happiness (whatever that is).  We can't save the world; we can't even make a small dent, and thinking we can is just foolish ego.

#18    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,996 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

I think the best we can is to be the change we want to see in the world.  There is a crazy amount of evil going on out there.  The most insidious aspect of that is how it affects those of us who are horrified by it.  We build walls and mistrust.  Hatreds and bitterness creep in.  We reflect the evil we see by wishing ill on others who we come to believe are a part of the "system of evil" around us.   I really like a quote from The Crow, it always reflects so well the true illness in the world "Victims ... aren't we all".

We have a choice, it's hard to remember and hold onto that notion when we are overwhelmed by the horrors occurring in the world but it is true nonetheless.  We can choose not to be the victim of fear, hatred, bitterness and hopelessness - we can be a light instead, a safe haven within ourselves that attracts peace, warmth and comfort, while others are working so hard to attract hatreds.  Peace can win, lead by example.  Find a reason to laugh and smile each day, it invites others to consider that is a better place to be. ;)

Edit to add: I am watching a report on CNN about this right this minute.  They did not specify her injuries and I don't blame them as they are horrific, I also can't comprehend how someone could do this, especially a family friend she grew up with.

Edited by libstaK, 09 February 2013 - 10:19 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#19    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,795 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostCatz, on 08 February 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Today was just one of those days where I look around me and feel almost trapped.
The evil that walk among us terrifies me, angers me beyond words.
My nation today, received the title of "rape capital of the world".

How's the end of apartheid working out for you? Probably just a bit better than present Zimbabwe (Rhodesia).

How can you expect to have a modern functioning government when you have witch doctors, sorry, Health Ministers, telling people that AIDS can be cured with lemon juice and garlic? Or when a significant portion of the population believes that aids can be cured by raping children?

I'm sorry but not all cultures are the same, no matter what liberal professors would have you believe.

#20    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

I wonder how many of those woman would be safe if they carried a small concealed handgun. It would probably be a completely reversal with the women killing their attacks, than the attackers succeeding in raping the women.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#21    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,542 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 11 February 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

I wonder how many of those woman would be safe if they carried a small concealed handgun. It would probably be a completely reversal with the women killing their attacks, than the attackers succeeding in raping the women.

Guns are not readily available to people, espeically women in countries across the world.

Posted Image

#22    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,542 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Today was just one of those days where I look around me and feel almost trapped.
I read everyday of senseless murders, rapes and violent crime - that is the usual in our newspapers and somehow (i suppose to keep your sanity), you become numb to it all.

But today, it's headlines everywhere of a young girl of 17 that was brutally gang raped and left for dead.  Not only was she violated, but her insides were torn from her body.  Somehow, she managed to survive long enough to name one of the rapists which was her ex-boyfriend.
Today, on most of our radio stations, they had a beep sound every 4 minutes to interrupt the show as to make all aware that a reported rape takes place every 4 minutes in South Africa.  That is the reported ones - but it is believed that it's more likely close to a rape taking place every 17 seconds.

I cry for a girl I did not know, and I weep for her family that now somehow must deal with something so horrific.

In another incident, a woman was hacked and her throat slit during an armed robbery.  The poor husband found her body..
So senseless, so brutal...

I wish with all my heart that I could remove all this evil.  How must one deal with this and live with the knowledge that this evil is walking among us, planning it's next move.
I do not understand why this is allowed to happen.  Why this girl was not protected.  Where is God when all this madness takes place.
I no longer care for my country and I am among thousands that would love to leave this place for good.
Hundreds of thousands have already left-they are the lucky ones.

Hatred towards these savages consumes me, bitters me, leaves me helpless and hopeless.

I read everyday of senseless murders, rapes and violent crime - that is the usual in our newspapers and somehow (i suppose to keep your sanity), you become numb to it all.

But today, it's headlines everywhere of a young girl of 17 that was brutally gang raped and left for dead.  Not only was she violated, but her insides were torn from her body.  Somehow, she managed to survive long enough to name one of the rapists which was her ex-boyfriend.
Today, on most of our radio stations, they had a beep sound every 4 minutes to interrupt the show as to make all aware that a reported rape takes place every 4 minutes in South Africa.  That is the reported ones - but it is believed that it's more likely close to a rape taking place every 17 seconds.

I cry for a girl I did not know, and I weep for her family that now somehow must deal with something so horrific.

In another incident, a woman was hacked and her throat slit during an armed robbery.  The poor husband found her body..
So senseless, so brutal...

I wish with all my heart that I could remove all this evil.  How must one deal with this and live with the knowledge that this evil is walking among us, planning it's next move.
I do not understand why this is allowed to happen.  Why this girl was not protected.  Where is God when all this madness takes place.
I no longer care for my country and I am among thousands that would love to leave this place for good.
Hundreds of thousands have already left-they are the lucky ones.

Hatred towards these savages consumes me, bitters me, leaves me helpless and hopeless.

The fact that you are so consumed by the pain of others who are abused, just makes you a better person. I hope you can find a way to stay that way without being consumed by the evil that you hate.

Posted Image

#23    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

The evils in the world enrage me. These are sad and tragic stories. Its about loss. Somebody loves these people. Speaking upon the grief the survivors and relatives bear their whole lives.

Today they are here, laughing, festive, supportive, crying together, thinking of each other, giving to each other, loving each other. Living human beings, that loved and were loved in return. The next day they are gone a life erased forever through a cruel, savage, and ultimate selfish act.

Relatives, friends, and loved ones are the surviving victims.

Some times I think the world has gone mad because of the level of crimes, human cruelty, and indifference that rampantly occurs.

Both South Africa and Zimbabwe are very bad places these days. Innocent farmers have their lands requisitioned and murdered. Whole families massacred. Many women and children have been raped (and killed).  This is not the Spirit of God at work.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#24    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 08 February 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

There is far more good stuff around then evil. We just focus on the bad

Just like how we can get 3 compliments and 1 insult in a day and we will remember/focus on the insult far more then the compliments.

You know, when I saw the title I saw the same thing. When I read the OP I didn't. I agree, some civilised people do make the world a beter place. This is not the case here. This is the depravity that is shame personified. It is disgusting the people treat each other this way. And I understand the OP "tuning out" Sometimes it can be overload. I feel for the poor girl myself, and I heard about her like 2 minutes ago. This is the sort of thing that challenges one's faith in humanity. For all the good we do, one tends to be remembered for one's last bad act. The bad borrows from the good, the bad leeches from the good, and the bad can overcome the good. It is sad, and I agree, not a picture of humanity, but a facet, ugly and unpolished.

Can this sort of sickness be cured? I doubt the violators can fathom how disgraceful their actions are, if they did, they would not be able to live with themselves. SA scares the hell out of me, I would not visit there if you paid me. Bali too, but for different reasons. I would not set foot there let alone pay to do so. But to turn away is sometimes the only way to deal with this side of existing. Because it is really hard to see a light at the end of that tunnel. I have seen some police reports form SA victims, what I have seen, and what I understand to be a regular occurrence is beyond words. I cannot even begin to fathom any sort of answer. It is depressing to consider, I think if one did not put it out of one's mind from time to time, then one might go quite mad themselves. I think more than this sick act, that we seem helpless to do anything about it is the hardest part to deal with. As was mentioned, Witch Doctors and Superstition also allow so much death, how did the cradle of manking become one of the worst examples? The rest of the world found arts, technology, education and benevolence. Why did our starting place never crawl out of this dark pit? That has long baffled me.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#25    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 11 February 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

An attacker can take a gun from a woman and use it against her. Guns are not the answer, not for anything. The mind is.

This is what I think the SA Government ought to be ashamed for not distributing freely. $2 a pop, heck, disgraceful these are not extremely common.

South African Dr. Sonnet Ehlers was on call one night four decades ago when a devastated rape victim walked in. Her eyes were lifeless; she was like a breathing corpse.
"She looked at me and said, 'If only I had teeth down there,'" recalled Ehlers, who was a 20-year-old medical researcher at the time. "I promised her I'd do something to help people like her one day."
Forty years later, Rape-aXe was born.

The woman inserts the latex condom like a tampon. Jagged rows of teeth-like hooks line its inside and attach on a man's penis during penetration, Ehlers said.
Once it lodges, only a doctor can remove it -- a procedure Ehlers hopes will be done with authorities on standby to make an arrest.
"It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on," she said. "If he tries to remove it, it will clasp even tighter... however, it doesn't break the skin, and there's no danger of fluid exposure."

Posted Image

LINK - Rape-Ax

I wonder how the rape statistics would go if even 10% of women were known to be using them. Not an offence one is going to repeat I will wager, if there is anything left to repeat offend with, which I feel is the best solution overall.

Edited by psyche101, 12 February 2013 - 03:05 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#26    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 February 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

You know, when I saw the title I saw the same thing. When I read the OP I didn't. I agree, some civilised people do make the world a beter place. This is not the case here. This is the depravity that is shame personified. It is disgusting the people treat each other this way. And I understand the OP "tuning out" Sometimes it can be overload. I feel for the poor girl myself, and I heard about her like 2 minutes ago. This is the sort of thing that challenges one's faith in humanity. For all the good we do, one tends to be remembered for one's last bad act. The bad borrows from the good, the bad leeches from the good, and the bad can overcome the good. It is sad, and I agree, not a picture of humanity, but a facet, ugly and unpolished.

Can this sort of sickness be cured? I doubt the violators can fathom how disgraceful their actions are, if they did, they would not be able to live with themselves. SA scares the hell out of me, I would not visit there if you paid me. Bali too, but for different reasons. I would not set foot there let alone pay to do so. But to turn away is sometimes the only way to deal with this side of existing. Because it is really hard to see a light at the end of that tunnel. I have seen some police reports form SA victims, what I have seen, and what I understand to be a regular occurrence is beyond words. I cannot even begin to fathom any sort of answer. It is depressing to consider, I think if one did not put it out of one's mind from time to time, then one might go quite mad themselves. I think more than this sick act, that we seem helpless to do anything about it is the hardest part to deal with. As was mentioned, Witch Doctors and Superstition also allow so much death, how did the cradle of manking become one of the worst examples? The rest of the world found arts, technology, education and benevolence. Why did our starting place never crawl out of this dark pit? That has long baffled me.

Some parts of Africa is literally back in the dark ages due to superstition and witch doctors.

In Tanzania and other parts of East Africa, masses of albinos are being attacked and multilated, dismembered and murdered for their limbs that fetch thousands of dollars on the black market because it is believe if their bones are boiled in potions they will bring prosperity.

In Democratic Republic of Congo, Pygmies are being hunted, raped, enslaved, and cannibalized (because it is believe the eater gains the traits of the pygmies who have great vision and are expert trackers). The Pygmies have addressed this to the UN and UN investigated these claims and found them to be true.   The DRC also rivals South Africa with a rape epidemic of its own.  

In Zimbabwe and South Africa, it is the virgin cure (the rape of babies and young girls) to cure AIDS. And the wholesale killing of farmers. Zimbabwe's farmland ecology has gone to crap because they have taken the land from the farmers (or murdered them) and given this land to people that have no clue about agriculture

This is something out of a nightmare, there is so much ignorance, illiteracy, and despair in these parts that witch doctors and their superstitions have enslaved these people into believing in these murderous and vile miracle cures are the answer.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#27    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostB Jenkins, on 12 February 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

Some parts of Africa is literally back in the dark ages due to superstition and witch doctors.

In Tanzania and other parts of East Africa, masses of albinos are being attacked and multilated, dismembered and murdered for their limbs that fetch thousands of dollars on the black market because it is believe if their bones are boiled in potions they will bring prosperity.

In Democratic Republic of Congo, Pygmies are being hunted, raped, enslaved, and cannibalized (because it is believe the eater gains the traits of the pygmies who have great vision and are expert trackers). The Pygmies have addressed this to the UN and UN investigated these claims and found them to be true.   The DRC also rivals South Africa with a rape epidemic of its own.  

In Zimbabwe and South Africa, it is the virgin cure (the rape of babies and young girls) to cure AIDS. And the wholesale killing of farmers. Zimbabwe's farmland ecology has gone to crap because they have taken the land from the farmers (or murdered them) and given this land to people that have no clue about agriculture

This is something out of a nightmare, there is so much ignorance, illiteracy, and despair in these parts that witch doctors and their superstitions have enslaved these people into believing in these murderous and vile miracle cures are the answer.

Yikes, that is nothing short of horrifying! In this day and age??? How can people remain so ignorant, I understand that education can be hard to come buy in places, but still......

Is there any truth to the legend of the Night of the Long Knives aka Uhuru? That too sounds barbaric and horrifying. I do not know if it is true, but the rumour abounds, and is disturbing to say the least.

#28    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 February 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

Yikes, that is nothing short of horrifying! In this day and age??? How can people remain so ignorant, I understand that education can be hard to come buy in places, but still......

Is there any truth to the legend of the Night of the Long Knives aka Uhuru? That too sounds barbaric and horrifying. I do not know if it is true, but the rumour abounds, and is disturbing to say the least.

The material I posted is true and verifiable. But I don't know about Night Of The Long Knives aka UHURU tho. It may be hoax.

But there has been a genocide of white farmers in South Africa and Zimbabwe. And these countries due to these actions have slit their own wrists by these actions, now that the farmlands have fallen to barrenness due to negligence and are no longer fertile. The agriculture of these countries has crashed and burned.

#29    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostB Jenkins, on 12 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

The material I posted is true and verifiable. But I don't know about Night Of The Long Knives aka UHURU tho. It may be hoax.

Ohh, I do not doubt you, as I mentioned, I have seen some police reports, I doubt I will ever forget them. Mutilated bodies, mostly white women, just like your material. No, I do not doubt you mate. It was just that you seemed to have a bit of information on the area, and Uhuru is something I heard a while back, and it stuck with me. A very chilling ideal, but looking at reports, reading about farmers being slaughtered and tortured, the superstitions, and all that, it's so horrifying it almost seems surreal. Many say Uhuru is a hoax, and maybe hat is the case, but not people from the country that I have met. They seem to think there might well be something to it, and in fact I happen to have met at least 4 people over the last few years that say this is why they left, and they are very, very fearful for any remaining family members and in all cases were desperately trying to get remaining family over here. When you hear it come from someone with the accent, it makes you think. I was just wondering if you knew anything I had not heard is all.

View PostB Jenkins, on 12 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

But there has been a genocide of white farmers in South Africa and Zimbabwe. And these countries due to these actions have slit their own wrists by these actions, now that the farmlands have fallen to barrenness due to negligence and are no longer fertile. The agriculture of these countries has crashed and burned.

It's just a disaster I agree. I have read however, that some enterprising Africans have started to grow indigenous crops, and of fruit I had never heard of for sale on a Global Market, which I think would be simply fantastic. I just never understood how mankind's birthplace seems so increibly backward compared to a recently founded countries like New Zealand or Australia. It strikes me that it really ought to be the complete reverse in our oldest home with many resources. But it seems to be getting raped by a few imported individuals, and I can understand why the Indigenous peoples would be angry at that, that woman who owns the gold mines is just a nasty piece of work, and I am ashamed to be of the same species as her, could it be these greedy individuals are causing the dissension to begin with? Is the entire white population under attack because of a few that cannot be touched? Although the Government there is not a great deal better is it.

Edited by psyche101, 12 February 2013 - 07:07 AM.

#30    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

View Postredhen, on 09 February 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

How's the end of apartheid working out for you? Probably just a bit better than present Zimbabwe (Rhodesia).

How can you expect to have a modern functioning government when you have witch doctors, sorry, Health Ministers, telling people that AIDS can be cured with lemon juice and garlic? Or when a significant portion of the population believes that aids can be cured by raping children?

I'm sorry but not all cultures are the same, no matter what liberal professors would have you believe.
I suppose that is the problem.  I am from European descent..I will not wish to get into a racist conversation, but that is the problem and the reason why so many white south africans are leaving the country (and also some africans who no longer believe in the system that they have voted for in 1994).  There is a huge cultural difference between us as culture  plays a very big role in the lives of the africans.  There are things they believe which I will never understand.  (like you mentioned).
Now, it is just apartheid reversed with the minorty groups being oppressed. Minority groups battle to get jobs with the affirmative action and alot of white people (especially farmers) are being murdered in the most gruesome ways - (like it was in Zimbabwe). Apartheid was wrong, but this governement is running things into the ground.  Back in 1994, when democracy was voted for and Mandela (leader of the ANC )came into power-I could still understand the masses voting for him. He had a vision of reconciliation of different peoples coming together and make a change for the better.  Unfortunately, he was not able to run for president very long. The vision he had for this nation is long gone and not the priority of our current corrupt bunch. The problem is now after all these years, the masses can see the problems, corruption and crime but come election time, they simply vote for the anc once again.
So yes, for the minority groups in South Africa this current post apartheid regime sucks.  We are stuck - not by choice.

:tsu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users