Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shoppers at Asda to be greeted by holograms

Still Waters

Shoppers at supermarket giant Asda could soon be greeted by 'hologram' sales staff who will tell them all about the latest products on offer.

For the UK's second biggest chain is considering unleashing an army of virtual store assistants onto the aisles after a successful trial impressed customers, according to a new report yesterday.

During January's trial at the Asda store in Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire, a female virtual assistant greeted shoppers and provided details of Asda's 10per cent price guarantee.

Trade magazine The Grocer reported that an Asda spokeswoman claimed that the trial had been " very successful and popular with customers."

She added that although the retailer was very interested in the technology, there were no firm plans as yet for a nationwide roll-out.

http://www.telegraph...-holograms.html

I'd be more impressed if they did my shopping for me :D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevewinn

• Still Waters

• schizoidwoman

• TheLastLazyGun

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another reason to stay away from Asda.

Yet another reason to stay away from Asda.

A man after my own heart!

Hmmm, that's pretty cool I guess. I don't shop at ASDA though (worked there for 6 months on a work placement can't stand the sight of the place now).

why whats wrong with ASDA? i find their 10% price guarantee very good. i did drift to Tesco but their prices have increased and so back to asda i went. with the price guarantee i get back on average £2.50 per shop, not much but its better in my pocket and times that by 52 weeks.

It's just yet another way for lazy supermarket staff to do less work, just like those new-fangled self checkout areas where it is the customer who has has to do it all rather than the checkout girls.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

why whats wrong with ASDA? i find their 10% price guarantee very good. i did drift to Tesco but their prices have increased and so back to asda i went. with the price guarantee i get back on average £2.50 per shop, not much but its better in my pocket and times that by 52 weeks.

One thing I do like about ASDA is its cheap prices.

You can buy bottles of wine at the ASDA near me for £2.50 each. And it's good 13% proof wine, none of that 4% plonk.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

I like Asda although we don't have one here just yet, there's one being built to be open by late summer. So I go to Tesco once a week. In the meantime the nearest Asda is 40 miles away where my mum lives and I take her shopping there so it gives me the opportunity to pick up a few things as well. It's a good store and their prices are good too I think.

It probably depends on your Asda; the one near us is a shambles and the fruit and veg section is tiny!

Edited by schizoidwoman

I like Asda although we don't have one here just yet, there's one being built to be open by late summer. So I go to Tesco once a week. In the meantime the nearest Asda is 40 miles away where my mum lives and I take her shopping there so it gives me the opportunity to pick up a few things as well. It's a good store and their prices are good too I think.

It probably depends on your Asda; the one near us is a shambles and the fruit and veg section is tiny!

I have a good choice of asda's there is five within 8 mile radius, three big ones, one massive Asda walmart' and a smaller one which isnt much cop.

off topic - but i often think when walking around these supermarkets why is Africa starving we have plenty of food, more than we need, you pick some stuff up that has one or two days on the sell by date and we put it back looking for the longer shelf life stuff, and the stuff we put back at the end of the day is thrown in the bin, yet its perfectly edible for probably 7 days after the sell by date. why dont we collect these products and parachute it via transport plane in to the needy parts of Africa. i bet it would cost far less than just giving aid money.