Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hunt is on for Bigfoot in northern NM

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,630 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

ALBUQUREQUE (KRQE) - The Valles Caldera is an enormous volcanic crater in the Jemez Mountains in northern New Mexico, known for its elk herds.
Now the area is getting attention for what else may be living there.

According to some "field researchers,” the area has perfect living conditions for Bigfoot.

http://www.krqe.com/...-to-northern-nm

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Wish they would find one but I'm not going to hold my breath.

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,630 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'll be right in the middle of the Caldera this weekend. I'll be sure and take my camera. :passifier:

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,260 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

I see the tiger population of India is threatened with extinction because of the drop in genetic variability.  I fear this happened to Bigfoot too.  It's hard to get much genetic diversity with a population of zero.

#5    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Comparing the 6'2" human to the unknown in the image it looked to me like the subjects may not be at the same level, comparing the object below each.

#6    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Sweetpumper, on 16 May 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

According to some "field researchers,” the area has perfect living conditions for Bigfoot.

...if we actually knew anything about how a Bigfoot would live.

#7    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

Frank Merton, on 16 May 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

I see the tiger population of India is threatened with extinction because of the drop in genetic variability.  I fear this happened to Bigfoot too.  It's hard to get much genetic diversity with a population of zero.

Or, on a more positive note, infinite diversity due to the lack of any constraints. You can be anything if you don't exist, sort of like an imaginary friend for adults.

#8    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

Frank Merton, on 16 May 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the funniest post I have seen in a long time. :tu:

Thanks Frank I needed this today.

#9    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hot dog. Jumping frog...

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#10    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

The sahara desert is perfect for a suntan.....
Doesn't mean people are going to get up and move to live there.

This bigfoot carry on, is getting really old now.

Edited by danbell06, 17 May 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#11    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,345 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

danbell06, on 17 May 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

The sahara desert is perfect for a suntan.....
Doesn't mean people are going to get up and move to live there.

This bigfoot carry on, is getting really old now.

Getting?     :su

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#12    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,063 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

They're reading too much into that thermal image. Considering how blurred the heat signature is, there's no way of accurately determining in either the 'bigfoot' one or the staged one for comparison where the body starts and stops so the 15% bigger claim is dubious.

Uploaders own comments say the man was 100 yards away and the bigfoot was at least 150 yards away (based upon later video 'analysis' that isn't detailed) meaning that would mean bigfoot is at least 1.15*1.5*6'1" = 10'5" feet tall.

The fact that they put a guy in what they thought was the same place and took pictures to compare them and then concluded the guy was in the wrong place as bigfoot was 50% further away means I have doubts as to how rigorous their work is.  That and the fact they compared one blurry heat signature with another instead of comparing it with a regular picture of the guy put in bigfoot's place.  They should have taken both thermal and regular photos of the guy to see if the thermal images are accurate enough to use for a size comparison, as I said, the thermal images are very low-res and blurry and the bigfoot and man's thermal image has no clear boundaries and thus I don't think they're useful for measuring anything that low-res at 100 yards or more away.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#13    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,630 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Something kept us up Saturday night. Whatever it was was making god awful sounds. My wife and her sister were scared crapless and I have never heard any animals make the noises that we heard that night. I'm still exhausted.

#14    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,630 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

I've sent two different forest rangers an email to find out if they went up the mountain to investigate what that was, as they said they were going to so. There's a fire in the area right now, so they may be a little busy to respond.

#15    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Sweetpumper, on 20 May 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Something kept us up Saturday night. Whatever it was was making god awful sounds. My wife and her sister were scared crapless and I have never heard any animals make the noises that we heard that night. I'm still exhausted.

Just curious, what kind of sounds were they, if describable?

Edited by Skeptic Chicken, 05 June 2013 - 04:21 PM.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users