Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time Travelers

SarahAvery

Does anyone have anything to say about this, do you think there are such thing as time travelers? I was just reading a post and it mentioned the subject. I do not know much...actually anything about said time travelers but it is something to consider, rather interesting to me.

Lol, two threads, same topic... Don't know which one to chose... :huh:

Oops, guess it's this one. :D

I hope they don't exist. We have enough things already for humans to screw up. Why add more?

We are all time travellers.....but at the moment, we only know of one way through it.

• Like 3

I hope they don't exist. We have enough things already for humans to screw up. Why add more?

Would you not like to be able to go to any time that ever existed or will exist? I think it would be pretty cool, you could see some of the things that made history, and that will make history and so on.

We are all time travellers.....but at the moment, we only know of one way through it.

why do you say this?

We are all travelling forward time, without time were would we be?

We are all travelling forward time, without time were would we be?

i see your point there...but do you think there are any "real"... i say this word loosely because we don't really know, but do you think there are any real time travelers? or could there be? can humans control time?

Time travel does exist already.Astronauts have gone seconds into the future.

Also if you take a plane somewhere, where it's the next day and when you take a plane back it's the day before.

that's a sort of time travel

i see your point there...but do you think there are any "real"... i say this word loosely because we don't really know, but do you think there are any real time travelers? or could there be? can humans control time?

Humans IMHO can not control time, time controls us.

As for impressions left in time..eg:ghosts, yes, I think this is possible and the more likely reason for "ghosts".

Humans IMHO can not control time, time controls us.

As for impressions left in time..eg:ghosts, yes, I think this is possible and the more likely reason for "ghosts".

what are you saying..that ghost come from time travel? i don't really understand, maybe like they are from the past and are still here? through time travel?

Time travel does exist already.Astronauts have gone seconds into the future.

Also if you take a plane somewhere, where it's the next day and when you take a plane back it's the day before.

that's a sort of time travel

yes this is true, but i am talking about someone being able to control the time and place they want to go and somehow going there in their physical body, i guess people can time travel in their mind anytime they want, but it just interests me to think about maybe there is some way that people can or do already time travel, i have always been interested in history which is mainly the reason i brought up time travel, if i could i would most defiantly go back in history to some of my favorite historical happenings, and i would never go into the future because knowing what was going to happen before it happened would be a little bit crossing the line for me. what would you do if you could time travel.

what are you saying..that ghost come from time travel? i don't really understand, maybe like they are from the past and are still here? through time travel?

Not time travel as such...they are impressions in time, and under the right conditions it will be possible for some to see these impressions.

Put it this way, when you look up at the sky at night, it is possible to see a star which has in fact died millions of years ago, but why is it you can still see it now....the speed of light and the time it takes to get to us enables us to still see it, so hence an impression on time and the right conditions, you are in fact looking at something which was once part of the past, but are now seeing it now. So the star which is no longer there, is in your eyes as the impression has travelled through time to yours.

• Like 1

There's been a documentary series about time travel on Saturdays evenings* on BBC1 for the best part of 50 years.

--Jaylemurph

*Well, mostly on Saturdays nights.

• Like 2

I think time travel into the future is not an issue. We know how to do that with relativity and high velocitys. What is not known is how to get to the Past. Speculation is that going into the past is impossible.

I think time travel into the future is not an issue. We know how to do that with relativity and high velocitys. What is not known is how to get to the Past. Speculation is that going into the past is impossible.

A the moment.

We know we can already see things from the past, its about finding out how we can make that work for us. But honestly, i am not sure if it can or if it would be a good idea to try.

Sure, if we could somehow beat the speed of light, we could See into the past... at least see light as it existed at that time, but there is no way to physically teleport/travel there that we know of.

if the universe exists inside a computer then it would be possible for the person running it to reset to an earlier time

Time travel ? i dunno, but we look into the distant past every night . Most of the universe is much older than NOW . It's that whole speed of light traveling immense distances thing.

Actually, i like to think that the entire universe is the same age because everything is in a constant state of RE creation. ..but that's another story..

There's been a documentary series about time travel on Saturdays evenings* on BBC1 for the best part of 50 years.

--Jaylemurph

*Well, mostly on Saturdays nights.

You Whovian you. I know what show you are talking about...... :-p

Sure, if we could somehow beat the speed of light, we could See into the past... at least see light as it existed at that time, but there is no way to physically teleport/travel there that we know of.

Beating the speed of light is however not in the realm of the possible though, right now. But in theory this is correct though.

Time travel ? i dunno, but we look into the distant past every night . Most of the universe is much older than NOW . It's that whole speed of light traveling immense distances thing.

Actually, i like to think that the entire universe is the same age because everything is in a constant state of RE creation. ..but that's another story..

Well the light from the stars we see, is of course very old and could be seen as a kind of time traveling. I'm sure this is not what the initial poster is thinking though.

Having said this, other things have to be considered if you would want to travel in time or think about it hypothetically at least. There is the energy expenditure that would be enormous, also, lets not forget that the earth, the solar system and yes, even the galaxy, move, so you would have to calculate not only time, but also positioning in space. Imagine the processing power you would need for that. Of course it's all a hypothesis and right now not possible.

I think time travel into the future is not an issue. We know how to do that with relativity and high velocitys. What is not known is how to get to the Past.

Logically, then, since extremely high velocities take us into the future, extremely low ones would take us into the past.

This makes sense, if you think about it. That is, everyone in the past moved at extremely low velocities! :o

It doesn't work, though. I pretty much move damn slow all the time, but I can't seem to travel into the past.

Harte