Photo

Are Herbs and Supplements Safe ?

Posted by Simbi Laveau , 25 July 2012 · 440 views

No surprise here.
http://articles.merc...24_DNL_artNew_1

Biff Wellington
Jul 25 2012 08:39 AM
You should check out the french documentary "The World According to Montesanto" Scary stuff there.

Simbi Laveau
Jul 25 2012 10:11 AM
Ahhh,you don't know me well enough to know I lost this to mock the disbelievers on this forum .
They more or less call me an idiot,and claim I know nothing about any of this.
*titters*
http://articles.merc...23_DNL_artNew_1

I call it MonSATANo BTW. I haven't eaten corn,or USA grown soy products,in over 3 years.

Daughter of the Nine Moons
Jul 25 2012 12:58 PM
The problem that I have with your article is that Dr Mercola writes it on mercola.com which is a commercial website so Dr Mercola can sell Dr Mercola's branded supplements.

:tu:

Simbi Laveau
Jul 25 2012 01:50 PM
But he doesn't promote them on his articles or ask for donations.This article happens to BE about supplements,but if you look at his site,97% of his artcles,are about alternative ways to manage health ,and the evils of big pharm .He is an MD after all,and he just doesn't think mainstream meds are the way to go some of the time,given the conflict of interest there is between making money,and curing people .
He actually Blogged about the Pennsylvania raw milk farmer who was closed down by the FDA,for no reason,at my request .
He shares the site with Dr Becker BTW .Who is a vet .She also has supplements for animals ,but she just posts about animal issues ,and she has animal of the month .
Her Facebook is awesome. She saves like injured woodpeckers and frogs .She's just awesome .

Simbi Laveau
Jul 25 2012 01:58 PM
http://healthypets.m...g-injuries.aspx
Like this. Just keeping your pet safe ...
They send out emails touting the goodies they sell,but they never pimp them outright,on any informative article.

Daughter of the Nine Moons
Jul 25 2012 02:56 PM
It's still a commercial site, and therefore biased. Kinda like the snake oil salesman peddling his own wares. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

My concern with the industry is the quality, there are no measures in place that insure the quality of ingredients or the conditions where they are prepared, to meet a minimum standard.

I knew a guy who touted and sold at a great profit royal jelly products that he prepared. What he sold was exactly what he advertised however, the conditions in which he prepared his royal jelly products were substandard. In my opinion the conditions were criminal, however if nobody regulates the industry who do you report it to?

That being said, I use herbs and I use supplements. I've used them for myself, for my son and in the past for my cat. I have a family doctor who promotes whole health and natural remedies as well as more conventional therapies.

Simbi Laveau
Jul 25 2012 03:15 PM
Well,I honestly believe the perfect medicine,is a combination of the two.
Alternative and conventional . I think true healing occurs with a proper marriage of the two ,but here in the USA,no one in the conventional sector,cares anymore.
Seriously . It's become a joke.
It's a revolving door of cookie cutter medicine,that kills more than it heals.
Dr Mercolas stuff is high quality .He truely believes what he touts,is my observation .
Given I am an herbalist ,I don't buy his stuff,as I can get it cheaper on my own .
My great find,thru him,was astaxanthin .
It does what he says .

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    RIP Freddy
    By mushymopman
    Dec 15 2013 08:39 PM
  • Photo
    RIP Brad
    By Simbi Laveau
    Nov 24 2013 10:30 PM
  • Photo