Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Gun Control Advocates Practice Hypocrisy ?


  • Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#31    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

There is also a third option: Publically fundet media outlets, which are usually the most unbiased news sources.


#32    Tiggs

Tiggs

    Relax. It's only me.

  • 9,076 posts
  • Joined:30 Jan 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orange County, California

  • Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostBama13, on 11 February 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Come on now. Surely you wouldn't prefer government owned media news sources to privately owned ones. Talk about biased.

Where do you believe I said that, exactly?


"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image


#33    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 February 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Why dont you just leave and go to an "Americans only" forum if you dont like open discussion.

You don't think you people anger some of us by spouting out what you think should happen to us?  Common sense dude...

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#34    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Don't you think outside input might be helpful sometimes? Especially if it is about different experiences on the same issues?


#35    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,834 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

You don't think you people anger some of us by spouting out what you think should happen to us?  Common sense dude...

I couldn't care less if I anger you by telling you my opinion. If you get angry when hearing other people's opinions, perhaps you shouldn't participate in this discussion forum and go elsewhere.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#36    Bama13

Bama13

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just Southeast of God's country

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostTiggs, on 11 February 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Where do you believe I said that, exactly?

Sorry, I was thinking there was only private owned or government owned media news outlets.

Can you or Flombie give me the names of some publically funded news outlets? I thought of PBS but they receive some funding from the government. My google search didn't return any others but perhaps I didn't enter the correct parameters.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#37    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 11 February 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Don't you think outside input might be helpful sometimes? Especially if it is about different experiences on the same issues?
Sure I do.  But almost every gun control supporter will repeat themselves over and over.  They ignore facts or blatantly disregard them and act as if they weren't presented at all.


View PostStellar, on 11 February 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

I couldn't care less if I anger you by telling you my opinion. If you get angry when hearing other people's opinions, perhaps you shouldn't participate in this discussion forum and go elsewhere.
After your little comment, it seems I get under your skin as well.  Little, "hypocritical" don't you think?  Take your own advice.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#38    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,834 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Sure I do.  But almost every gun control supporter will repeat themselves over and over.  They ignore facts or blatantly disregard them and act as if they weren't presented at all.



After your little comment, it seems I get under your skin as well.  Little, "hypocritical" don't you think?  Take your own advice.

Im not the one telling you you dont have the right to your opinion simply because youre not from a certain country. As the moderators pointed out in numerous threads, everyone can share their opinion here, regardless of nationality.

Edited by Stellar, 11 February 2013 - 05:50 PM.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#39    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 February 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Im not the one telling you you dont have the right to your opinion simply because youre not from a certain country. As the moderator pointed out, everyone can share their opinion here, regardless of nationality.

I'm not saying you don't have a right.  It's just when people who don't even live here with their, "oh well quit crying you don't guns anyway they kill people" attitude that really annoys me.  They aren't the ones being stripped of their 2nd amendment and think we should let it be taken that really gets me.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#40    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Sure I do.  But almost every gun control supporter will repeat themselves over and over.  They ignore facts or blatantly disregard them and act as if they weren't presented at all.
Well, this goes for both sides, doesn't it? There are also tons of facts for both sides of the argument.

And it really does not matter where somebody is from on this board. Actually, that is one of the reasons why I am here. These are open descussions with some international input, so get used to it. Life is not a picnic.


#41    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,834 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

I'm not saying you don't have a right.  It's just when people who don't even live here with their, "oh well quit crying you don't guns anyway they kill people" attitude that really annoys me.  They aren't the ones being stripped of their 2nd amendment and think we should let it be taken that really gets me.

Yeah well, it may annoy you, but you do have to deal with it as this is a discussion forum and those "annoying people" from outside your country are free and even encouraged to share those opinions.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#42    Tiggs

Tiggs

    Relax. It's only me.

  • 9,076 posts
  • Joined:30 Jan 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orange County, California

  • Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostBama13, on 11 February 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Sorry, I was thinking there was only private owned or government owned media news outlets.

Can you or Flombie give me the names of some publically funded news outlets? I thought of PBS but they receive some funding from the government. My google search didn't return any others but perhaps I didn't enter the correct parameters.

The most commonly used example is the BBC, who exist via royal charter, and are funded by public licence fees and, as such, are independent of government. Many countries (such as Japan) have used a similar licence model to create their own Public Service Broadcasting.

The US, not so much. The CPB is about as close as it gets.

Edited by Tiggs, 11 February 2013 - 05:56 PM.


"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image


#43    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

I'm not saying you don't have a right.  It's just when people who don't even live here with their, "oh well quit crying you don't guns anyway they kill people" attitude that really annoys me.  They aren't the ones being stripped of their 2nd amendment and think we should let it be taken that really gets me.
Look, we don't even have anything like the 2nd amendment, and nobody cares! It is not defining your life as much as you think. I guess that is why "we" (we also have very different ideas of how gun control should be put into practice) are so stunned by your reactions in this debate.


#44    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostTiggs, on 11 February 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

The most commonly used example is the BBC, who exist via royal charter, and are funded by public licence fees and, as such, are independent of government. Many countries (such as Japan) have used a similar licence model to create their own Public Service Broadcasting.

The US, not so much. The CPB is about as close as it gets.
Here in Germany we have ARD and ZDF and various smaller channels (mainly regional) of those two stations.


#45    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 11 February 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Look, we don't even have anything like the 2nd amendment, and nobody cares! It is not defining your life as much as you think. I guess that is why "we" (we also have very different ideas of how gun control should be put into practice) are so stunned by your reactions in this debate.
No, it is a part of my life.  Every winter I have the time of my life with my brothers and family at deer camp.  We all love to shoot skeet, we have a blast.  And if you think you're "stunned" at my reaction.  Wait until you see the country's they really do try taking them.  I'm not the only one who who is extremely p***ed over the whole situation.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users