Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mob in Pakistan kills man accused of burning

GoldenWolf

KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) — A mob in southern Pakistan stormed a police station to seize a mentally unstable Muslim man accused of burning a copy of Islam's holy book, beat him to death, and then set his body afire, police said Saturday.

The case is likely to raise further concerns about the country's harsh blasphemy laws, which can result in a death sentence or life in prison to anyone found guilty. Critics say an accusation or investigation alone can lead to deaths, as people take the law into their own hands and kill those accused of violating it. Police stations and even courts have been attacked by mobs.

http://news.yahoo.com/mob-pakistan-kills-man-accused-burning-quran-074301668.html

------

Barbarians....

• Like 2

The 'Religion of Peace' in the news again, I see.

• Like 3

I personally think they enjoy killing and find any excuse to do so.

• Like 1

I personally think they enjoy killing and find any excuse to do so.

Exactly.. But nothing ticks them off like a narcissistic injury errr blasphemy.

We can cah and ooh all we want but as outsiders to their culture it is up to them to understand why they do this and how to change it.

It is unacceptable, surely, but outsiders being critical or wanting to step in and force change is equally if not moreso unacceptable.

We as a society did and continue to do disgusting things but we are maturing at our own pace. All societies should be benefited this.

As outsiders one can try their best to understand and change it but that doesn't happen by solely being critical.

Saying endless bad things about people who are different is not very sophisticated.

Not sophisticated because no matter how much negative energy is spent focused on Muslims those being hypercritical still do not truly understand them.

They understand enough to make a crude judgment they feel is solid, the same as the person over there who believes they understand enough to kill someone based on a rumor of burning a book, they feel solid too in their decision. Thing is both of these types are the same in my book, no, you don't have to personally burn someone, I am sure so many people over there never burnt anyone, but it is their ugly ideas of being cruel to those who are different that allows those who do burn others to get away with it and keep doing it. These type of ugly ideas have no place in my society.

Disclaimer: No one in this thread yet has expressed any ideas I would consider ugly. My comments are said in general based on how these type of topics usually end: with a little mob of our own and those who can contribute nothing except to insult Muslims.

Edited by I believe you

We can cah and ooh all we want but as outsiders to their culture it is up to them to understand why they do this and how to change it.

It is unacceptable, surely, but outsiders being critical or wanting to step in and force change is equally if not moreso unacceptable.

We as a society did and continue to do disgusting things but we are maturing at our own pace. All societies should be benefited this.

As outsiders one can try their best to understand and change it but that doesn't happen by solely being critical.

Saying endless bad things about people who are different is not very sophisticated.

Disclaimer: No one in this thread yet has expressed any ideas I would consider ugly. My comments are said in general based on how these type of topics usually end: with a little mob of our own and those who can contribute nothing except to insult Muslims.

I take as I find!

• Like 3

A mob of 200 people brutally killing someone and burning their body isn't very sophisticated.

• Like 7

A mob of 200 people brutally killing someone and burning their body isn't very sophisticated.

I agree.

Murder is murder no matter how you look at it. Paper and ink that is all it is, nothing more. You can print more. If I was going to burn a book it would be the first one on the fire, follow by the other two.

• Like 1

Murder is murder no matter how you look at it. Paper and ink that is all it is, nothing more. You can print more. If I was going to burn a book it would be the first one on the fire, follow by the other two.

It can be seen like this: some of them disrespect us, some of us disrespect them, neither of that is going to help. Your view on what they hold holy is not promotive of reciprocity and just adds more fuel to the fire. Change for the better will happen regardless.

It can be seen like this: some of them disrespect us, some of us disrespect them, neither of that is going to help. Your view on what they hold holy is not promotive of reciprocity and just adds more fuel to the fire. Change for the better will happen regardless.

I am a child of nature, it is my religion, I see it destroyed and burned everyday. I don't murder anyone over it. I have no respect for someone who would murder another over a book. No respect for them or their religion. Don't like it, then stop murdering people over BS.

• Like 1

I am a child of nature, it is my religion, I see it destroyed and burned everyday. I don't murder anyone over it. I have no respect for someone who would murder another over a book. No respect for them or their religion. Don't like it, then stop murdering people over BS.

Murderers do not live in a vacuum but are fueled by the hate of ordinary people who themselves claim to have never killed anyone.

What is there to like about either party?

Edited by I believe you

OUTSIDERS? they are trying to enforce their sharia laws around the world, how can we be classed as outsiders when they are bringing on our doorsteps?

There are people out there trying to help the women who have been oppressed in these countries, women who are forced to wear what the man tells them, then here in England we have young muslim girls wearing those clothes as a fashion statement! what sort of respect is that to those who are made to wear it? The young girls do not wear it here because of their love of islam, they are wearing them because they are sticking 2 fingers up to the west!

• Like 2

OUTSIDERS? they are trying to enforce their sharia laws around the world, how can we be classed as outsiders when they are bringing on our doorsteps?

There are people out there trying to help the women who have been oppressed in these countries, women who are forced to wear what the man tells them, then here in England we have young muslim girls wearing those clothes as a fashion statement! what sort of respect is that to those who are made to wear it? The young girls do not wear it here because of their love of islam, they are wearing them because they are sticking 2 fingers up to the west!

If these people spend more time hating and attacking the men of Islam instead of helping the women of Islam then I am not buying it.

That just seems like doublespeak.

People have been murdering in the name of their Gods for ages. They don't deserve more time to 'come to grips' with their own religion. It's wrong, and we should call it out when we see it.

• Like 4

I want to burn a Koran.

Well, just talking the truth, for me.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

That just seems like doublespeak.

People have been murdering in the name of their Gods for ages. They don't deserve more time to 'come to grips' with their own religion. It's wrong, and we should call it out when we see it.

I agree, it is wrong. Our society still had its own time to mature on its own terms. Other societies will be afforded the same.

Not only is it improper to attempt to forcefully change another society it is ineffective and quite colonialist.

In other words if all you are doing is adding negativity into the pot, don't cry about the stew being stale or sour.

The other guy threw something bad into the pot so to get even I am going to do the same? I don't think that kind of tribal thinking works...

Edited by I believe you

If these people spend more time hating and attacking the men of Islam instead of helping the women of Islam then I am not buying it.

Unicef are not soldiers.

I want to burn a Koran.

Well, just talking the truth, for me.

Do not believe it is illegal in this country, as long as you do not do it in a mosque.....thats right, a mosque, one of many springing up around the country!

• Like 1

I agree, it is wrong. Our society still had its own time to mature on its own terms. Other societies will be afforded the same.

Not only is it improper to attempt to forcefully change another society it is ineffective and quite colonialist.

In other words if all you are doing is adding negativity into the pot, don't cry about the stew being stale or sour.

The other guy threw something bad into the pot so to get even I am going to do the same? I don't think that kind of tribal thinking works...

Oh, come on, get even. You will sleep better tonight.

• Like 1

Unicef are not soldiers.

Fallacy of association.Geert Wilders and Ayaan Hirsi Ali are part of the problem as are those who think like them.

On the other hand an organization like the UN, as you stated unicef, and NGOs that help and report the situation are neutral.

Individuals who take their data to hate Muslims should be decompartmentalized from UN and other NGOs. They are not the same entity, not even near.

Edited by I believe you

I understand your bigger point, but I'm not seeing it as a 'us vs them' philosophy.

The people affected by this madness are still human beings, and deserve to be spoken up for (at the very least).

But, to your point, how much time would be proper in allowing that society to 'grow up' on their own accord? We are already talking 1000's of years, how much longer?

• Like 3

I understand your bigger point, but I'm not seeing it as a 'us vs them' philosophy.

The people affected by this madness are still human beings, and deserve to be spoken up for (at the very least).

But, to your point, how much time would be proper in allowing that society to 'grow up' on their own accord? We are already talking 1000's of years, how much longer?

While you are asking, in all earnesty, perhaps you should also include us.

How much longer are we ourselves going to need? How much longer? We are already talking 1000's of years. Look at all the problems we have.

Can we honestly sit and blame their society for producing murderers but forget that our own society has produced Sandy Hook. I understand many want to emphasize individualism but to do so to the point to be blind to the fact that we as a society also produce our own shames, how much more time are we going to take to take care of our own issues?

Oh, you claim it is not "them vs us" but in the end if you just focus on their negatives then it very much is.

Edited by I believe you
  • Like 1

Fallacy of association.Geert Wilders and Ayaan Hirsi Ali are part of the problem as are those who think like them. An organization like the UN, as you stated unicef, and NGOs that help and report the situation are neutral. Individuals who take their date to hate Muslims should be decompartmentalized from UN and other NGOs.

I took my date to hate the muslims when I lost a friend on a bus which they blew up in LONDON!

I have seen how UNDIVERSE they are and am sick and tired of people telling me i have to be diverse and embrace them...when they so clearly have no intentions of integrating within the western world.

I am not religion but respect most.....except one which has barbaric laws and has no place in the western world.

I know not all muslims indivitually are bad, but they happen to follow a religion that is.... and that says a lot about a person to me!!

• Like 1

I took my date to hate the muslims when I lost a friend on a bus which they blew up in LONDON!

I have seen how UNDIVERSE they are and am sick and tired of people telling me i have to be diverse and embrace them...when they so clearly have no intentions of integrating within the western world.

I am not religion but respect most.....except one which has barbaric laws and has no place in the western world.

I know not all muslims indivitually are bad, but they happen to follow a religion that is.... and that says a lot about a person to me!!

I appreciate your honesty and if I were you I would feel the same most likely.

• Like 2