Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill O'reilly Interviews Barack Obama

BlindMessiah

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• InHuman

• Aristocrates

• Gustavo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be looking forward to the next few parts. Looks like Obama is actually getting into some details of his plan. Clinton's interview with O'reilly was pretty good too.

I thought he did an excellent job not letting Bill-O push him around and put him in a corner. Very interested to see how the rest of the interview plays out.

Edited by Aristocrates

Obama has proven he is just like many other politicians in that he is squirming from his wrong position into a more correct position without admitting he was wrong. One of the reasons (Oh and there are more) he is absolutely NOT the right guy to be POTUS is because he disrespects the military. They didn’t win the war according to him. They lessened the violence but it wasn’t the surge that changed the tide. WRONG. It was the extreme efforts, indeed sacrificing the lives of some of our brothers in arms along with working with the Iraqis in places like Anbar and then the subsequent SURGE that gave us victory. You wont hear that we won from Obama though or the mainstream media. How can Obama be a commander in chief if he doesn’t respect the troops and they don’t respect him? I have heard him elsewhere boasting that Al Maliki has taken his plan to heart with respect to the withdrawal timeframe which is a complete mischaracterization of the fact that OUR MILITARY has prepared the ground through the SURGE to be ABLE to now imagine a timetable. As Bill said, to Obamas face, If we had followed Obamas plan there would have been no surge and we would probably lose the war in Iraq, in fact as the leadership of the democratic party had already claimed we had lost. Now that is just incredible and so weak. Sickening is the realization that our press and many on the left put their hate for GW ahead of their love of country and support for their sons and daughters in uniform. Obama said we don’t see political reconciliation in Iraq. WRONG again. 15 of the 18 benchmarks have been met showing the success of the McCain plan. Thanks to McCains couragous insistance and risking his political future, supporting our awesome military, we are in a position to withdraw soon IN VICTORY! Just because Obama can speak clearly and articulate a cogent sentence doesn’t mean he understands what is happening and from this interview, so far, and other comments, he clearly does not.

Gustavo

p.s. - Vote for McCain! Win in Iraq and remove the currency of corruption- earmarks! I know I already predicted this election was over a couple weeks ago and now it is solidifying and becoming obvious.

One of the reasons (Oh and there are more) he is absolutely NOT the right guy to be POTUS is because he disrespects the military. They didn’t win the war according to him.

This isn't disrespecting the military. It's stating a fact. We haven't won the war.

They lessened the violence but it wasn’t the surge that changed the tide. WRONG. It was the extreme efforts, indeed sacrificing the lives of some of our brothers in arms along with working with the Iraqis in places like Anbar and then the subsequent SURGE that gave us victory. You wont hear that we won from Obama though or the mainstream media.

He didn't say that. He said because of the surge and excellent work of our military, we were able to lessen the violence. So we did hear that from Obama, on the mainstream media.

How can Obama be a commander in chief if he doesn’t respect the troops and they don’t respect him?

He does and they do. You don't know what you're talking about sir.

Ughhh this video made me strain..

I xed it out after 3 minutes--

I'm not sure--it just did...

I felt very uneasy.

Just didn't seem right

Edited by CosmicStar

This isn't disrespecting the military. It's stating a fact. We haven't won the war.

He didn't say that. He said because of the surge and excellent work of our military, we were able to lessen the violence. So we did hear that from Obama, on the mainstream media.

He does and they do. You don't know what you're talking about sir.

Good one. I dont know what Im talikng about huh? Ha! Pull your head out of your...er sandpile and smell the coffee. We have essentially won. We werent able to cut and run soon enough to sustain that loss that the dems wanted so badly.

Obama now says the surge and military have lessened the violence but he is too arrogant to admit he was wrong and that is the essense of the disrespect he has for the military. He claims it was beyond anyones imagination that it could have been so effective. WRONG. McCain was all over it as the thing to do. This contrasts the candidates well.

Obama was right on the matter of whether the war in Iraq should be fought at all. That's what is important, not the surge.

And Gustavo, make up your mind as to whether we have "achieved victory" yet. While you're at it, define victory in Iraq. It seems all republicans have done and said about Iraq over the past years is "Conditions are bad! We cannot leave!" only to switch the argument to "Conditions are good! We cannot leave!" Obama and Biden are going to handle the situation in a way in which both Americans and Iraqis will be satisfied, while all McCain offers is to stay in Iraq for another 100 years.

Yeah sanctions... hey MIIGGGHT work... :P

He's right about the surge, sure violence is down the Iraqi's themselves weren't any stronger for it. The recent turn over has helped tho.

Also agree on Pakistan, if they wan't the west's help they must help the west.

As for Iran, if anyone thinks that their leader can be reasoned with... they don't understand religious conviction.

As for Iran, if anyone thinks that their leader can be reasoned with... they don't understand religious conviction.

I think you'd be surprised how alike the minds of politicians the world over are.

Interesting to know and for Mc Cain he is a war criminal.I know 2 people who serve under him in Vietnam and really you don't want to know their personal histories about that time.....

post-76428-1220669624_thumb.jpg

post-76428-1220669689_thumb.jpg

You guys are right the war hasn't been won. It is still being fought, so telling the troops that they have already lost does what to their moral.

Did you just say Mccain is a war criminal?

Are you joking?

I have no sense of humor,I'm not joking...sorry to say it but I'm only expressing my 2 friends experiences,better leave it right here....

I have no sense of humor,I'm not joking...sorry to say it but I'm only expressing my 2 friends experiences,better leave it right here....

Hold on...you can't just make a claim like this and then cut out; that's trolling and possibly slander.

Obama was right on the matter of whether the war in Iraq should be fought at all. That's what is important, not the surge.

And Gustavo, make up your mind as to whether we have "achieved victory" yet. While you're at it, define victory in Iraq. It seems all republicans have done and said about Iraq over the past years is "Conditions are bad! We cannot leave!" only to switch the argument to "Conditions are good! We cannot leave!" Obama and Biden are going to handle the situation in a way in which both Americans and Iraqis will be satisfied, while all McCain offers is to stay in Iraq for another 100 years.

Whether we should have gone in or not is arguable. With the shell game on WMD Saddam was playing and the fact that we had a signed truce being broken and a no fly zone trying to protect minorities from ethnic cleansing at the hands of Saddam, I would say it was a valant and just cause to make damn sure there were no WMDs. Then come to find that the oil for food scam being run by some top dogs at the UN, ensuring a long and prosperous game at our expense, that would make a few UN members filthy rich and afford Saddam many more new palaces while his people suffered, and by the way, arent we the fool eh because the whole reason for oil for food was our sanctions keeping him from selling oil through normal channels and was taken full advantage of. Heads should have rolled at the UN but they did not. But that is no longer the issue. The issue is winning or losing. With the surge we are winning. Victory is at hand. That is a CHANGE from where we were before the surge. I dont need to define victory at all. Your comments about republicans saying we cant leave is showing total disconnect from reality. Conditions are almost good enough to leave. We will soon. You paint it as though republicans like the war. They dont. Obama would have cut and run long ago. Without McCain pushing the surge we would be there much longer because conditions as you say would be bad. You are trying to rewrite history by saying Obama would leave with both Americans and Iraqis satisfied. That isnt what hes been saying for 4 years is it? He said many times he would get them out immediately if he was elected. Now, with the success of McCains surge, Obamas 16 month time frame is getting to be reasonable. A broken clock is right twice a day. and... The 100 years comment was not saying we would be fighting there for 100 years it was regarding maintaining a security force there and probably a base or two. Just like Japan and Germany. Lets not play dumb on that eh?

I personally define victory in Iraq as when the situation is stable enough to where Iraqis believe and feel they can take over and handle the situation, and Maliki has made it clear that they are. Obama wants to honor that while McCain staunchly avoids it.

And I compare staying in Iraq to our presence in Korea, a war that was (and is) essentially not winnable. This war is becoming like Korea. Its becoming an endless quagmire with troops spending multiple tours of duty and with government spending reaching 10 Billion a month.

I personally define victory in Iraq as when the situation is stable enough to where Iraqis believe and feel they can take over and handle the situation, and Maliki has made it clear that they are. Obama wants to honor that while McCain staunchly avoids it.

And I compare staying in Iraq to our presence in Korea, a war that was (and is) essentially not winnable. This war is becoming like Korea. Its becoming an endless quagmire with troops spending multiple tours of duty and with government spending reaching 10 Billion a month.

I think McCain is listening to the military about what is prudent. Anbar was just handed over and more to follow. I am just as sick as the next guy at the cost of this war especially in light of the surplus Iraq has suddenly realized. They will be a rich nation soon and if I had my way we would hand them a bill today and not spend a dime more.

This is nothing like Korea IMO. My dad was there, well, over it in a bomber, but my God there were over 50000 Americans killed in that war and the Chinese over the line of death. This is not comparable, IMO.

Edited by Gustavo

You guys are right the war hasn't been won. It is still being fought, so telling the troops that they have already lost does what to their moral.

It's a fact though. How do you win the war on terror. By its very nature it can't be won. It's a war on an idea, an evil one, but an idea none the less.

So we have gustavo saying Obama hates the troops and this guy here saying McCain is a war criminal... and neither one backed up their statements. Weeeee.

I'll be looking forward to the next few parts. Looks like Obama is actually getting into some details of his plan.

What is his plan? why didn't he tell us at his convention?

What is his plan? why didn't he tell us at his convention?

I didn't say he gave his plan. I said he got into a little bit of details. For example, quit supplying Pakistan with military aid unless they allow us to take out Bin Laden. Watch the interview.