Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spews Garbage & Can't listen to reason? Bot?

regeneratia

"That Moron Who Spews Garbage and Doesn’t Listen to Reason May Be a Bot

Posted on March 22, 2015 by WashingtonsBlog

Rampant Disinformation

That Moron Who Spews Garbage and Doesn’t Listen to Reason May Be a Bot

Posted on March 22, 2015 by WashingtonsBlog

Rampant Disinformation

NATO has announced that it is launching an “information war” against Russia.

The UK publicly announced a battalion of keyboard warriors to spread disinformation.

It’s well-documented that the West has long used false propaganda to sway public opinion.

Western military and intelligence services manipulate social mediato counter criticism of Western policies.

Such manipulation includes flooding social media with comments supporting the government and large corporations, using armies of sock puppets, i.e. fake social media identities. See this, this, this, this and this."

In 2013, the American Congress repealed the formal ban against the deployment of propaganda against U.S. citizens living on American soil. So there’s even less to constrain propaganda than before.

What cha think?

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 2

I'm sure some of us here will be accused of this shortly :whistle:

I don't think there is any need to acknowledge those but just note that they will now finally get paid for it. :unsure2:

• Like 1

I don't think there is any need to acknowledge those but just note that they will now finally get paid for it. :unsure2:

Best job ever.

• Like 1

What cha think?

The average moron is more concerned with getting his particular brand of craziness out into the discussion. There is often little to no reference or support, certainly not links in the double-digits. And, of course, to the regularly rational, there is a certain level of understanding of the actual points exaggerated by the feral moron which allows a base level of evaluation. The modern bots have software which allows them to arrange these points in a fairly logical structure, which is something morons tend to lack. A post which is too well-made indicates that it does not come from a moron.

• Like 3

The average moron is more concerned with getting his particular brand of craziness out into the discussion. There is often little to no reference or support, certainly not links in the double-digits. And, of course, to the regularly rational, there is a certain level of understanding of the actual points exaggerated by the feral moron which allows a base level of evaluation. The modern bots have software which allows them to arrange these points in a fairly logical structure, which is something morons tend to lack. A post which is too well-made indicates that it does not come from a moron.

Well, at least I have a disclaimer. I wondered if that description fit me. But my objectives are to say what I think, with no internal need to support it in any manner. It is a take-it-or-leave-it kind of thing, for my posts, from my perspective.

Also I just found that site today, so I have not had time to test it over time.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

I'm sure some of us here will be accused of this shortly :whistle:

It is interesting to see who comes out of the woodwork.

• Like 1

It is interesting to see who comes out of the woodwork.

I've blocked the only person on this site that seems to match the description of the "propaganda bot". Every now and then i view one of their posts to see if they've changed, but no, still a wall of barely relevant quotes and links to government sanctioned material. It seems as soon as a "keyword" is mentioned, there they are with a wall of text/links.

I've blocked the only person on this site that seems to match the description of the "propaganda bot". Every now and then i view one of their posts to see if they've changed, but no, still a wall of barely relevant quotes and links to government sanctioned material. It seems as soon as a "keyword" is mentioned, there they are with a wall of text/links.

Jeez, I have so amny blocked these days. Like people in my life, I cut out the ones that cause me harm.

I read this book, not to participate in social engineering, but to learn when it is being done to me:

http://www.amazon.com/Social-Engineering-The-Human-Hacking/dp/1491577010

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

Well that explains some of the things Cleverbot has said to me....

• Like 3

Yeah, you know when it happens. It happens when one view will be attacked by multiple people, and engaged in ridicule and scoffing. You recognize the bots by the attack by mulitple posters, as they hit and attempt to hit hard. But I think the only people the bot convinces is itself. We all know when it happens, why it happens and how it happens.

The closer the post is to truth, the harder they hit it.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

This thread doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than to act as a setup from which to point fingers at other members.

Even if that isn't the intention then it is still likely to be what will happen if this continues.

Closed.

• Like 3