Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Astronomers in China search for alien life

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,350 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Survey telescopes set up in Antarctica are being used by Chinese astronomers to look for alien planets.

Daily Galaxy said:

Chinese astronomers, actively searching for Earth-like planets using survey instruments in Antarctica, believe efforts to seek an extra-solar planet that that harbors life will soon be rewarded.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    wimfloppp

wimfloppp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

We only look the way we do because of the planet we live on.i.e atmosphere gravity temperature etc.If for example we did not need air to exist then there would be know need for lungs or rib cage etc,.

#3    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

View Postwimfloppp, on 26 May 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

We only look the way we do because of the planet we live on.i.e atmosphere gravity temperature etc.If for example we did not need air to exist then there would be know need for lungs or rib cage etc,.

Posted Image

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#4    gmag

gmag

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Has'nt the huble telescope already found hundreds

#5    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,662 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

View Postgmag, on 26 May 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Has'nt the huble telescope already found hundreds

Various telescopes have found several extra-solar planets but Kepler was the king of the hill and found hundreds all by itself.  It is curently off-line due to a reaction wheel failure.  http://www.nasa.gov/...view/index.html

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#6    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,818 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Uhm, so? What does that have to do with looking for extra-solar planets?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#7    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Wrong thread, right??? :P

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#8    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Curious as to why search from Antarctica?? Clearer sky or?

#9    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,818 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 26 May 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Curious as to why search from Antarctica?? Clearer sky or?

Precisely.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#10    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hey thanks!

#11    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,818 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 26 May 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

Hey thanks!

You are welcome. And welcome to UM, I hope you will enjoy your time here :) Feel free to ask questions, there are some very knowledgeable posters here in a large variety of fields that are not shy of sharing their vast knowledge. I have personally have taken great advantage of that fact and learned a lot along the way. The only stupid questions are those not asked.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#12    Lex540

Lex540

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

• I am unique and distinct

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

If you find this aliens what are going to do about them theorize with facts first so what if we not the only ones in the universe :alien: :alien: :devil:

Edited by Lex540, 28 May 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#13    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,182 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 26 May 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

The only stupid questions are those not asked.

I will grudgingly agree but only for the sake of diplomacy...

:lol: :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users