Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NASA to "Boldly Go"

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#46    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Like OTS Enterprises? Circa 1957 perhaps? Lockhead Martin Skunkworks Retiring CEO Ben Rich said it and of course the real technology of it all has been suppressed. Too dangerous to let radicals have it. The complete control of every single person on the planet has to occur first, before releasing such technology on the citizenry of the planet. I built my own style of an Utron, when I activated it it flew straight up and was never seen again. I miscalculated the neutral center.

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pidgin hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

#47    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,377 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

It's been 1972 since man last landed on the moon and we yet to land man on mars. Even thought technology is developing everyday,
I think it's going to be a long while before we send men to another star system. When politics change there seems to be be budget
cuts that will delay it even further. But I have hopes someday it will happen.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.
Science would call me a Non-Conformist. Religion would call me a Heretic. Government would call me a Rebel. I call myself a Freelancer.

#48    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,133 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 19 September 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

Breaking the Rules is what its all about to THis type of people ! ITs how we get things done ! 100% Can DO ! the rest falls into the Round file cabinet !
No DONTEATUS it isn't how we get things done. Have you actually read any of my previous posts?

In the whole history of mankind we have never once broken a scientific law. Never. And we never will.

We can not break the laws of nature. It's impossible. It can't be done. They govern the way the universe works and we get no say in them.

It doesn't matter how many times you post that we can you will still be equally wrong.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#49    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,433 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 19 September 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

No DONTEATUS it isn't how we get things done. Have you actually read any of my previous posts?

In the whole history of mankind we have never once broken a scientific law. Never. And we never will.

We can not break the laws of nature. It's impossible. It can't be done. They govern the way the universe works and we get no say in them.

It doesn't matter how many times you post that we can you will still be equally wrong.

But if you are using the fabric of space then surely you can bend the rules as nothing moving through space itself is breaking the speed limit....

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#50    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• 1,054 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

So how is creating your own dimple in the fabric of space time breaking a natural law? The earth and moon together are in the earths dimple. It's the pressure of the fabric of space that holds the moon in contrary to what we thought IE earth gravity holding the moon to it.  Perhaps you missed that little breakthrough in theoretical physics.

Edited by cerberusxp, 19 September 2012 - 05:27 AM.

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pidgin hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

#51    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,284 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

View Postcerberusxp, on 19 September 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

So how is creating your own dimple in the fabric of space time breaking a natural law?
I think Waspie is not saying that these experiments or even warp drive would break the Natural Laws. Since those laws will always be the same. It is only our human understanding of these Laws that change. Thus if warp speed works, it was always within the natural law. We cannot break Nature, we can only learn more about it.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#52    Sun Raven

Sun Raven

Alpha & Omega

• 1,637 posts

• I am the master of my fate.
    I am the captain of my soul

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Everything is in the maths, and that is alright. M Theory even states the idea of multiple universes, gravitons travelling through them and the possibility of travelling through any of them.

But taking it all to actual plan work is gonna take a whole load of time.

Posted Image

Sun Raven

#53    Sormac

Sormac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

I'm left wondering what exact "laws of nature" we are referencing when we herald them as unbreakable or universally true in every place/time in the universe.

#54    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,377 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

Would breaking the sound barrier be different?

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.
Science would call me a Non-Conformist. Religion would call me a Heretic. Government would call me a Rebel. I call myself a Freelancer.

#55    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,374 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostRyegrog, on 19 September 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

No, you're not breaking any laws of nature, merely travelling quicker then another medium (sound). Nothing we do will break the laws of nature, since if it can be done then it's because the laws of nature allows it to be done, we just didn't know that aspect of the laws until we either do it, or had a theory in place that allowed it to happen, and is then tested and proven true (which is the same thing really).

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#56    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,133 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostRyegrog, on 19 September 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

To add to what The Sky Scanner said, breaking the sound barrier was an engineering problem. There were no laws of nature that forbade it. After all bullets had been leaving the end of rifles at supersonic speeds for a considerable time before Chuck Yeager flew the Bell X-1.

The problem with the sound barrier was producing an engine powerful enough and a airframe strong enough. When the technology was ready the sound barrier was broken.

The speed of light is a whole different kettle of fish. If Einstein is right and our current understanding of physics is correct then it is impossible for an object with mass to achieve light speed. No amount of engineering genius can get around that. That is why people are looking for loopholes that will allow interstellar travel without breaking the laws of nature.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#57    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,133 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

View Postcerberusxp, on 19 September 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

So how is creating your own dimple in the fabric of space time breaking a natural law? The earth and moon together are in the earths dimple. It's the pressure of the fabric of space that holds the moon in contrary to what we thought IE earth gravity holding the moon to it.  Perhaps you missed that little breakthrough in theoretical physics.
No I didn't miss it, but no laws of nature were broken. How many times do I have to repeat this before it sinks in... our understanding of the laws can (and do) change, the laws themselves remain the same.

Posted Image
Click on button

#58    CarboniteML8

CarboniteML8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

they better be

#59    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,669 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thats just it ! THe BIG  "IF" IF Einstein  is right, I will go on record and say this, Maybe Einstein had most of or some of it right as far as the physicis as we know it  down. But We would be quite the Arrogant to think we know all in the universe towards the laws we have yet to claim we know all about.
The key there is Claim and we. :tu:
I do agree with 99% of your post Waspie ! ITs that 1% of we dont know that will get ya every time.

This is a Work in Progress!

#60    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,133 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 19 September 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

ITs that 1% of we dont know that will get ya every time.
Yet again you have failed to understand a VERY simple point. I have repeatedly said that we need to continue experiments to find out what is possible. I have repeatedly used phrases such as "as we understand it."

Science is the continued investigation of what is and isn't possible. It relies on logical deduction and evidence to come to those conclusions. When it has no supporting evidence its default position is "we don't know". Science is not arrogant, the arrogance is in those that keep claiming the impossible IS possible WITH NO SUPPORTING EVIDENCE.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 19 September 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users