Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Forum update progress

update

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#46    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,991 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Update
That's the profile photo thumbnails rebuilt now so that should be fixed for those experiencing issues with those.

Also we'll be setting up the new chat room tomorrow.

#47    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,991 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 28 April 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

There used to be a section for new posts in the last 24 hours right next to "Today's top Posters". Is this now gone, or in a different place, or with a different name? I used that extensively!
Are you thinking of the "View New Content" section ? ( Top right below the search box )

#48    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

I am having problems with the mark communities as read.. used to be i would do the new post thing, go through all the stuff and read what I wanted.. then click the all read thing..

I have gone to bottom of page and clicked the 'mark communities read' and then clicked the 'mark all as read;, and figured that was it, and just to see.. i reclicked afterwards 'view new content', it was like, within seconds of marking all as read.. and low and behold five pages of new psts was there, and it should have been no new content (or some such like that), so i tried it again.. after the thrid time i gave up.

am I missing something? is there something else I am to do that is different then before? I hate not being able to clear things out.

Thanks

Posted Image

#49    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:45 AM

Is the Report button fully functional?  I reported a post with a rather graphic image earlier today and the image is still there.  Was the image acceptable or did the report simply go unnoticed?

#50    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,039 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

Getting used to the new format and I really do like it. I'm not having much trouble finding where things are now.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#51    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,991 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

View Postwillowdreams, on 29 April 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

am I missing something? is there something else I am to do that is different then before? I hate not being able to clear things out.
The 'view new content' page doesn't update immediately, there can be a delay before it updates to reflect your settings. Optimally this will be a maximum of 15 minutes. ( previously it was an hour )

BooNyzarc said:

Is the Report button fully functional? I reported a post with a rather graphic image earlier today and the image is still there. Was the image acceptable or did the report simply go unnoticed?
The report was received, the image in question has been removed.

#52    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

this new look is awesome espeically the pops up when hovering over things it pretty neat

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#53    Angelicon

Angelicon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Maybe less a bug then a question but is there any indication on when the new chat room will be up? I'm pretty interested in seeing how it will look.

#54    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,991 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostMr Snuggles, on 29 April 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

Maybe less a bug then a question but is there any indication on when the new chat room will be up? I'm pretty interested in seeing how it will look.
The new chat room will be set up a little bit later on today.

#55    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Just a quick question... Why  is my avatar  now put in my profile picture?     If someone has asked this  before I apologise  ....

I am starting to now get used to the new change... I am loving the  LIKE button  ...lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#56    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,991 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 29 April 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

Why  is my avatar  now put in my profile picture?
They are both the same now, you have a single picture to represent you on the forums.

#57    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostSaru, on 29 April 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

They are both the same now, you have a single picture to represent you on the forums.

Thank you...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#58    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,419 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 29 April 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

Just a quick question... Why  is my avatar  now put in my profile picture? If someone has asked this  before I apologise  ....

Oh yes, it appears from my profile picture that I now have a rather impressive Beard.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#59    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,419 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

* Does that mean that my erstwhile Profile picture has been deleted? does that mean that I don't have a picture of me any more? :cry:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#60    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,991 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Post747400, on 29 April 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

* Does that mean that my erstwhile Profile picture has been deleted? does that mean that I don't have a picture of me any more? :cry:
Presumably you'll have a backup of your picture on your computer. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users