Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iranian jets fire on U.S. drone

CommunitarianKevin

Two Iranian Su-25 fighter jets fired on an unarmed U.S. Air Force Predator drone in the Persian Gulf last week, CNN has learned.

The incident raises fresh concerns within the Obama administration about Iranian military aggression in crucial Gulf oil shipping lanes.

The drone was in international airspace east of Kuwait, U.S. officials said, adding it was engaged in routine maritime surveillance.

Although the drone was not hit, the Pentagon is concerned.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/08/first-on-cnn-iranian-jets-fire-on-u-s-drone/?hpt=hp_t3

Is Iran out of its fricken mind!

Su-25s? How long've they had they?

yes, of course it was in International airspace. I mean, we believe the Pentagon, don't we. :innocent:

• Like 1

I question the validity of this report. What kind of air to air missile misses something as unmaneuverable and slow as a drone?

Um... :yes:

I'm wondering why an Su-25, which is a tankbuster, and of which they apparently only have about six, inmpounded from Iraq, would be prowling about in *cough* International airspace looking to provoke the forces of Freedom & Democracy. Not to say that it wouldn't have air-to-air weapons; it'd have AAMs for self defense, but if this happened as the Pentagon says at all, it sounds rather like a pilot acting on the spur of the moment rather than the Madmen in Tehran trying to Provoke War with the forces of Freedom.

• Like 1

well anyone with half a brain realises that they are going to try another false flag scenario, and this sounds like it will play out as was predicted..

boring..

• Like 3

I question the validity of this report. What kind of air to air missile misses something as unmaneuverable and slow as a drone?

It's Iran they always miss

I'm wondering why an Su-25, which is a tankbuster, and of which they apparently only have about six, inmpounded from Iraq, would be prowling about in *cough* International airspace looking to provoke the forces of Freedom & Democracy. Not to say that it wouldn't have air-to-air weapons; it'd have AAMs for self defense, but if this happened as the Pentagon says at all, it sounds rather like a pilot acting on the spur of the moment rather than the Madmen in Tehran trying to Provoke War with the forces of Freedom.

Well, it's got 30mm cannons, so that doesn't suprise me that it missed, but who knows about the report?

It could be an excuse for an aggressive stance on the part of the U.S.

It could be true right down to the letter. After all, shooting down an un-manned craft gives the appearance of strength without the instant retaliation that killing a pilot would.

It could have been a warning.

Too many possibilities to list.

I think they are trying to get us to attack them when they do stuff like this.

• Like 2

if it was shot at, it was probably Mossad.. its perfect timing for Romney getting in (thank God he didnt), cause he would of most likely used it to launch a war.. lets hope the big O (not Oprah that other black man) stays out of it..

Saber rattling, likely brought on by the tough talk during the US election. If the position of the drone is correct it's hardly the first time Iran has messed around in international waters and air space. Don't see this amount to much, other than the US keeping an closer eye on Iran forces in the Gulf.

maybe it was not shot at in international water's at all, but shot at due to it being in Iran's air space... which they have a right to shoot at it if it was... just like the US would if Iran had invaded US air space...

The US government (in my opinion) seem to think using drone's in other country's air space is ok... if the shoe was on the other foot, I guarantee they would not like it one bit

• Like 1

We are illeagally flying drones in several countries, yet the government is throwing a hissy fit because someone is actually tired of this and wants to shot them down? anyone else see something wrong with this??? once again our government is provocking a war and yet we(government) are going to whine and make it look like they are in the wrong....gotta love it........ :blink:

• Like 6

maybe it was not shot at in international water's at all, but shot at due to it being in Iran's air space... which they have a right to shoot at it if it was... just like the US would if Iran had invaded US air space...

The US government (in my opinion) seem to think using drone's in other country's air space is ok... if the shoe was on the other foot, I guarantee they would not like it one bit

Yeah, I agree. Its like we can have nukes but no one else better dare try to get any. Who are we to police what other countires do with their military?

Either way, Iran would be crazy to give us a reason to go in there. I mean we are already struggling to hold our little pitbull's (Israel) leash. They are foaming at the mouth to get in there...

• Like 3

Yeah, I agree. Its like we can have nukes but no one else better dare try to get any. Who are we to police what other countires do with their military?

Either way, Iran would be crazy to give us a reason to go in there. I mean we are already struggling to hold our little pitbull's (Israel) leash. They are foaming at the mouth to get in there...

And if they do, I hope every one of the surround countries bandies together and puts the pitbull down.

• Like 1

Could it have been that they fired a warning shot at it?

Could it have been that they fired a warning shot at it?

No it was to big of a gun and to small a target. Who the hell sends ground attack fighters to intercept a flying bogey? different targeting set up.

I don't doubt for a minute it was in international waters with our eyes in the sky we really don't have to "fly" over Iran to see what we want to.

Two Iranian Su-25 fighter jets fired on an unarmed U.S. Air Force Predator drone in the Persian Gulf last week, CNN has learned.

The incident raises fresh concerns within the Obama administration about Iranian military aggression in crucial Gulf oil shipping lanes.

The drone was in international airspace east of Kuwait, U.S. officials said, adding it was engaged in routine maritime surveillance.

Although the drone was not hit, the Pentagon is concerned.

http://security.blog...rone/?hpt=hp_t3

i never believe invisible men stories like this.... WHO are the "U.S. officials" ????? and .. WHO?? at " the pentagon is concerned "?

Edited by lightly

SU-25's aren't meant to be shooting at other aircraft. Either the Iranians don't want to risk their precious fighters or they don't know the difference between ground attack aircraft and fighter aircraft.

No it was to big of a gun and to small a target. Who the hell sends ground attack fighters to intercept a flying bogey? different targeting set up.

I don't doubt for a minute it was in international waters with our eyes in the sky we really don't have to "fly" over Iran to see what we want to.

So why does the US government/military spend all that money on drones for, if they can already see what they need/want to ?

So why does the US government/military spend all that money on drones for, if they can already see what they need/want to ?

I think he means by is that using drones you don't need to into Iran to see

• Like 2

Speaking of drones they are going to go domestic under several applications. Corporations to survey large tracts of land with their interests and also law enforcement.

It's all lies. More bulls@&t from the American war machine to lay the ground for an attack on Iran. Now oterrorist has won a second term he can do whatever he wants in the next 4 years and the "Obama supporters" aka racist black people and the pc pathetic, apologetic white ass kissers afraid of being branded racist for not voting Obama, are all to blame.

It's all lies. More bulls@&t from the American war machine to lay the ground for an attack on Iran. Now oterrorist has won a second term he can do whatever he wants in the next 4 years and the "Obama supporters" aka racist black people and the pc pathetic, apologetic white ass kissers afraid of being branded racist for not voting Obama, are all to blame.

Your tears are delicious.

• Like 1