Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stream of Consciousness #2

snuffypuffer

It's that time of year again, October. Baseball playoffs, the air gets cooler, and my favorite holliday is just over the horizon. Of course I'm talking Halloween, I love Halloween. I love Halloween candy, for me, it's a month long sugar high. Some days, I eat candy as a meal. Real food can't exist during this time, I'm on a mystic quest to get myself as spun out of my mind on sugar as humanly possible.

So I can watch all the old monster movies I possibly can. Watching Bride of Dracula just isn't the same unless you're totally loaded on mini Milky Way bars and Pixie sticks. Doesn't have the same magic. During October on AMC, Peter Cushing becomes a god. I've seen all his Hammer horror films at least a couple times. Strangely, I don't remember much of them, probably because at the time I've already torn through a couple bags of Hershey miniatures. By the time it's over, the Morlocks are jumping through the screen and beating me about the head and neck with my own twizzlers. Good lord I love Halloween!

See, I don't need drugs. I've tried a few and found that they weren't anything I really needed, so I got on with my life. So a nice sugar rush is all it takes. And Halloween is when all the cool candy comes out. Groovy novelty suckers and crazy, over-the-top old monster movies come together to form a special kind of heaven. It can only happen once a year, any more and I'll go into a coma. It's a month-long excuse to release my inner dork. Okay, so basically I'm a dork all the time, but during October it gets amplified into a transcendant, inter-dimensional uber dork, who's sticky from gummy bears and little Kit-Kat bars and sits in the corner hiding from the whatever Boris Karloff was playing at the time midnight double feature. Man, I love this time of year.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjo Koolzooie

• snuffypuffer

• Nancy

• *MoG*

Top Posters In This Topic

who's sticky from gummy bears and little Kit-Kat bars and sits in the corner hiding from the whatever Boris Karloff was playing at the time midnight double feature. Man, I love this time of year.

Snuffy? Your descriptions so vivid, so 'real' I think my diabetes just hit the high mark! Do me a favor? Gobble some of those mini Milky Way bars and think of me? Don't forget the Candy Corn.......... mmmmmmmmm yes!!

You've done it again Snuffy....... shared part of you with us... I loved every paragraph! You're early too! My calendar said "Check for Snuffy on Friday"

Nancy thumbsup.gifwub.gifkiss.gif

You guys get all the good holidays.

Most people in the UK see halloween as a time for kids to go begging.

The kids overhere don't want sweets, they want money. They tend to bang on your door in groups of 10 or more (perhaps 1 or 2 will be wearing a dodgy halloween mask) and then proceed to mug you on your doorstep under threat of being egg bombed and floured.

Whereas in the US, its a party, sweeties, dressing up, scary stories, creepy music.... and noone is to uptight to join in.

I think the UK needs to relax and enjoy it. Shame we won't, I will do my usual and lock the door and sit in the dark, just so no dam kids chuck stuff at me! tongue.gifdisgust.gif

In some cities here, we have what's called Devil's Night the night before Halloween, where people set fire to abandoned buildings. In the state where I live, however, abandoned buildings count as historical sites, so they don't get burned down. laugh.gif

I agree with Mystic.

They don't even attempt to dress up here in the UK. They get a 99p Mask, and come to your door in groups of 10 and all expect money. Some are in their late teens.

You see the odd small child that had made an effort, which is good. My mum gives them sweets, seeing they made the effort and are small and young and all.

Once, I was at a friends, and we was dropping water bombs on them, and my friends older brother got a fake knife and chased some away, it was funny. thumbsup.gif

I think the UK needs to relax and enjoy it. Shame we won't, I will do my usual and lock the door and sit in the dark, just so no dam kids chuck stuff at me! tongue.gifdisgust.gif

Haha! Same here. Simply because we always get the 19 year olds begging for cash to buy booze.