Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Giant serpent’ invades island near Phuket

Big Bad Voodoo

http://www.thephuketnews.com/%E2%80%98giant-serpent%E2%80%99-invades-island-near-phuket-35470.php

Mysterious giant tracks appeared overnight on Friday (December 14) on Koh Mai Pai (Bamboo Island, just north of Phi Phi), emerging from the forest, going through the local school and then into the sea, leaving students, parents and teachers worrying that they were made by some enormous serpent.

I like to hear what hunters and rangers from UM have to say about this one.

• Like 2

I know this is off-topic L but I need to know.... is Phuket pronounced with an F?

Depends on why you're there.

• Like 7

I am not inclined to believe that the tracks are anything out of the natural world as the track does not fit the natural movement of known serpents and/or crocodiles. It seems that there is a complete lack of drag marks on the so called track and it looks almost mechanical/vehicular in nature notice the evenly spaced circular imprints. IF this were a heavy serpent as they are claiming there would be drag marks and no distinguisable imprints as with any other snake trail. I am also certain that it is not a crocodile. As with serpents trails, crocodile also drag their bodies along accompanied by footprints.. i am not seeing any distinguisable footprints in the photo provided.

The supposed giant serpent trail

post-129343-0-53627000-1356288464_thumb.

A snake track for comparison

post-129343-0-35751200-1356288481_thumb.

Crocodile trail for comparison...note the footprints on either side of the body drag marks..clearly missing in the original photo

post-129343-0-77756300-1356288867_thumb.

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 1

In my opinion, the tracks seem too much unnatural. I mean i could be wrong, but it looks like it was man-made

Although, i'm no serpent expert

• Like 1

Snake locamation in relation to structure,ecology, and evolution. Being of large size straight or linear progression would fit as seen in Bitis artietans. But looking at the tracks left by what would be where the ventrals scales would be, we can see this is not made by a snake using linear progression movement. So no this would not be a snake track.

Is there any chance that this could be a hoax?

the way to fake that would be to have a specially made Fat motorcycle tire( like those on a honda big red) lay down the tracks, the problems with doing it that way would be 1) it would require loosening the dirt in a line so the tire can make such a perfect track and 2) this work along with the cycles noise would require many people knowing about it. having said that i have no idea what could have done it.

http://www.thephuket...huket-35470.php

Mysterious giant tracks appeared overnight on Friday (December 14) on Koh Mai Pai (Bamboo Island, just north of Phi Phi), emerging from the forest, going through the local school and then into the sea, leaving students, parents and teachers worrying that they were made by some enormous serpent.

I like to hear what hunters and rangers from UM have to say about this one.

I like your name and your picture :)

I think it's a great anime because it's different from the others :)

It definitely looks man-made to me. If it was a serpent or a snake-like creature, there wouldn't be clear marks since the body would be dragging itself. There are so footprints to suggest legs and feet being used. And I imagine no snake or serpent has those kinds of scales on their belly though I could be wrong. I'm not snake expert.

Looks more like tire tracks to be honest.

Thumbs down on this one. :td:

... There are so footprints to suggest legs and feet being used....

Perhaps footprints from one of the.. how many kids and adults are there standing around pointing at the tracks? I think i count roughly 30. But no matter i think we come to the same conclusion that the tracks look as if they are tire tracks of some sort.

yep i t s f a k e

Perhaps footprints from one of the.. how many kids and adults are there standing around pointing at the tracks? I think i count roughly 30. But no matter i think we come to the same conclusion that the tracks look as if they are tire tracks of some sort.

Oops! I apologize; that was a typo. I meant to say there were no footprints.

Well, no clear ones. I'm sure if it had feet they would be large and well-imprinted.

Not to mention th size this thing would have to be, I mean If thats a real animals tracks its HUGE

Not to mention th size this thing would have to be, I mean If thats a real animals tracks its HUGE

Yes. I'm sure an animal of this size would have left more signs of its existence?

I notice in the third picture in the article, the tracks seem to randomly stop (near the bottom of the picture). Why?

Oops! I apologize; that was a typo. I meant to say there were no footprints.

no worries.. happens to the best of us.

...I notice in the third picture in the article, the tracks seem to randomly stop (near the bottom of the picture). Why?

i never even realized that there was more than one picture Miss.. but you are right they just kind of mysteriously end/start

i never even realized that there was more than one picture Miss.. but you are right they just kind of mysteriously end/start

It's kind of weird. Did the villagers brush them out or something? Was the serpent able to jump or fly? :unsure2:

There are just a lot of holes and nonsensical things in this story that make it painfully obvious that it's fake.

Edited by MisstreeDove

I would suspect that what ever left that track was not living. To leave 1 solid line like that would imply that the creature moved along like a snake, but if it moved like a snake, It wouldn't leave those inner circular markings, because the marks would smear. I think that what ever left that trail would have been mechanical.

I know this is off-topic L but I need to know.... is Phuket pronounced with an F?

Foo-ket .

Or Phoo-ket

Don't be a dork el

• Like 1

Foo-ket .

Or Phoo-ket

Don't be a dork el

Foo-ket is close enough for me, Simbi. :) Some day, I'm going to Foo-ket!

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2