Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Military movements west of Chicago

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#16    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

View Postaztek, on 15 March 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

don't you think it'll be too late to worry by than?

It's far more sensible than worrying about it every time you see a military vehicle.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#17    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostMichelle, on 15 March 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Probably, it depends on why they are knocking at my door. :P

Oh you left that wide open you hippi that wants to have guns ;)  Funny I may called a lib but yet I love guns.  I don`t have one but if I heard my front door being kicked it the first person to walk into my room would get a bladeé

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#18    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

View Postaztek, on 15 March 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

i doubt they'll be asking for you to join them,

So they knock at your door what do you do. Pull a gun....  You think private ownership of weapons equals a united front against the machine.

#19    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

I leave about 300 yards south of the fence of Selfridge Air Base in MI. My road lines up with the runway. Cargo planes, jets, and helicopters fly over everyday, and I mean low, so low that you can see the pilot and wave (i use to love seeing them wave back when i was a kid). I've had a copter, that was the same kind in that video, hover over my back yard so low that the wind was knocking stuff over, it was cool but also p***ed me off at the same time.

I always kind of find it funny when people freak about planes and helicopters flying over. But I guess thats just because its been a common thing to me my whole life.

Edited by Odin11, 15 March 2013 - 04:46 AM.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#20    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 15 March 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

Oh you left that wide open you hippi that wants to have guns ;)  

I not only want them, I have them and I'm legal to carry them. Ya know, I never did ask how many I could carry at one time. :innocent:

#21    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostMichelle, on 15 March 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

I not only want them, I have them and I'm legal to carry them. Ya know, I never did ask how many I could carry at one time. :innocent:

I can totaly see carry as self preservation in your country but do you think as the far or mod right thinks is to protect againts a tyranical government. I`m conservative aka rep as far as Canucks go.

#22    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 15 March 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

I can totaly see carry as self preservation in your country but do you think as the far or mod right thinks is to protect againts a tyranical government. I`m conservative aka rep as far as Canucks go.

I don't anticipate having to use a gun against the government or from an invasion of some kind. I think of them more as another piece of equipment in my natural disaster kit.

#23    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 15 March 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

So they knock at your door what do you do. Pull a gun....  You think private ownership of weapons equals a united front against the machine.

naw, i wont open the door, and wont pull a gun, i'll call police.

i think private ownership of weapons is exactly that- private ownership of weapons.
i never mentioned a word about guns in this thread,

Edited by aztek, 15 March 2013 - 05:17 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#24    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

View PostMichelle, on 15 March 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

I don't anticipate having to use a gun against the government or from an invasion of some kind. I think of them more as another piece of equipment in my natural disaster kit.

Have you ever bought ammo or a gun using a credit card number or a debit card.  As Much as I hate to say it, something just feels wrong. I take cash out from debit know and use it to buy my sin purchases aka beer and ciggs.

#25    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 15 March 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Have you ever bought ammo or a gun using a credit card number or a debit card.  As Much as I hate to say it, something just feels wrong. I take cash out from debit know and use it to buy my sin purchases aka beer and ciggs.

Cash, check, whatever... I only buy guns legally so my background has already been checked and they are registered. I know what you mean though. Ammo, usually cash I guess. You have to remember, I live in Tennessee. The entire state is very pro gun, self defense and our government is fighting heavily for our gun rights.

Edited by Michelle, 15 March 2013 - 05:35 AM.

#26    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostMichelle, on 15 March 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Cash, check, whatever... I only buy guns legally so my background has already been checked and they are registered. I know what you mean though. Ammo, usually cash I guess. You have to remember, I live in Tennessee. The entire state is very pro gun, self defense and our government is fighting heavily for our gun rights.

I hope that most Americans remember canadian citizens are well armed to. Almost as many guns as citizens most own more then one if hunters or gun fans. I`m a gun fan huge and well if the Canadian gov came after the people they would loose.  The US citizen against the worlds largest military and police force maybe not so well.

#27    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

View Postaztek, on 15 March 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

naw, i wont open the door, and wont pull a gun, i'll call police.

i think private ownership of weapons is exactly that- private ownership of weapons.
i never mentioned a word about guns in this thread,

Given the tone the police might not be the best call unless there are police you can call on the police.  Of course we are taking about helo`s moving around the sky.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 15 March 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#28    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 15 March 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

I hope that most Americans remember canadian citizens are well armed to. Almost as many guns as citizens most own more then one if hunters or gun fans. I`m a gun fan huge and well if the Canadian gov came after the people they would loose.  The US citizen against the worlds largest military and police force maybe not so well.

Well, if worse comes to worst, you know at least I've got your back! :tu:

I wish you'd been here earlier when some of the self righteous Canadians were telling us how few guns you have and they are all stored properly, so they never get into the wrong hands. The laws are strict so no one every breaks them. lol

Edited by Michelle, 15 March 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#29    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,150 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

View Postaztek, on 15 March 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

have you ever seen a blackhawk up close?

I have, they are cool helicopters. Capable of carrying a good amount of troops and equipment inside and slung loaded. I wish the RCAF got them instead of the Griffon.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#30    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,757 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

View Postaztek, on 15 March 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

have you ever seen a blackhawk up close?

I have flown in many Blackhawks (I was in an Air Cav Brigade once)... very good 'copters...

What i saw in the video was what looked like 3 CH-47 (Chinook) helicopters and three Blackhawks...  The troop carry capacity of the blackhawks is 11 equipped troops (max) and the chinooks carry from 33-55 troops depending on the version of the chinook and the equipment of the troops...

So what you are seeing is (at most) 198 troops (not counting helipoter crew who -as a rule- do not fight on the ground)... 198 troops are not going to take over very much at all (in the grand scheme of things)...  If it were a 'hostile troop movement' you would see entire battalions (or Squadrons as the Cav calls them) in the air heading to single destinations... something on the order of 10 times the aircraft you see in this vid...

In all probability what you saw was a single company (cav troop) enroute to either national Guard/Reserve training camp, or maintenance flights...

Trust me if the Army is ever sent into attack the people YOU WILL KNOW!  Plus you also have to remember that the Army is made up of citizens who have the same reservations about the government overstepping itself as anyone else does, and moving against non-revolting population is NOT going to happen...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users