Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If scientists would open there minds...

PSI Rockin

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Much more could be possible for scientists too explore and figure out... oh well. you can't change peoples minds. or maybe... just maybe... someone could send a telepathic message to a scientist. lol that would be so cool. anyways, let me know if you think they should open up to more then what they know now

If?

IF?

IF?

Scientists are the most open-minded people on the bloody planet, it's the adherents of the Truth who are closeminded and refuse to explore other possibilities.

There is a line between being open minded enough to explore an idea intellectually and within the boundaries of what is know and what is known to be possible and being so open minded your brain falls outs!

You want scientists to study "psi"? PROVE IT EXISTS.

The battery of tests scientists apply isn't to hide the truth or anything like that. It's to ensure there's no fraud going on.

• Like 5

The best scientists have open minds. That is how they have made ground breaking discoveries.

I'm assuming you are speaking about scientists who don't believe in the paranormal? Well, you give any valid scientist evidence and the ability to test and retest and they won't have to "believe" . They will have credible findings.

Right now - no evidence.

99% of the scientists (in all types of fields) that I know would LOVE to find evidence to support something new and earth shattering.

It isn't the scientist (most) of them with closed minds, most of the time I find it is the hard core "believers". They won't accept anything that is contrary to what they want to be true.

Nibs

• Like 4

It's my experience that the people that complain that scientist don't have open minds are generally the same people that hold a belief that they can not support with evidence. The same people that think their own personal beliefs are facts simply BECAUSE they believe it. in short the people that complain that scientists aren't open-minded are closed to the idea that THEY might be wrong.

• Like 6

whoops. sorry if I caused issues, but no one got what I meant. what I meant was, that... scientist don't open to the fact that they can do more than they think is "currently" possible, because people are so stuck into how physics work and their understanding of physics. if they would see this is possible, they could be able to make new discoveries in physics and science. that's what I meant. I did not mean that scientist are closed mind at all.

• Like 1

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Much more could be possible for scientists too explore and figure out... oh well. you can't change peoples minds. or maybe... just maybe... someone could send a telepathic message to a scientist. lol that would be so cool. anyways, let me know if you think they should open up to more then what they know now

Scientists are not closed minded, they can be quite critical of the scientific method and everything else. In fact they do far more criticising and questioning than most people give them credit for. It is television, youtube and the internet that has everybody convinced they are completely intolerant to everything except dogma.

Scientist want one things, repeatable results. If it can be consistently done. They are more willing to delve deeper into the subject. Yet the problem with all psychic abilities is there sheer inconsistently usage.

• Like 1

Scientists are not closed minded, they can be quite critical of the scientific method and everything else. In fact they do far more criticising and questioning than most people give them credit for. It is television, youtube and the internet that has everybody convinced they are completely intolerant to everything except dogma.

Dude... not trying to get hostile. but did you read the last part??? I said that, I never meant scientists are closed minded. I simply mean that if they could SEE it possible. more things could be possible.

whoops. sorry if I caused issues, but no one got what I meant. what I meant was, that... scientist don't open to the fact that they can do more than they think is "currently" possible, because people are so stuck into how physics work and their understanding of physics. if they would see this is possible, they could be able to make new discoveries in physics and science. that's what I meant. I did not mean that scientist are closed mind at all.

Everyone "got" what you "meant" You do not understand science at all in any way, so you regurgitate garbology from the dodgiest and most annoying websites you can find on the net. What a coincidence that you showed up at the same time Omnisense did hey? Except those posts are even worse.

• Like 1

Dude... not trying to get hostile. but did you read the last part??? I said that, I never meant scientists are closed minded. I simply mean that if they could SEE it possible. more things could be possible.

So you're saying if they believe hard enough it'll happen?