Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obamacare average $20K per family!

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#181    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Then the cost will passed down just as it is now.

Summary of Benefits and Coverage

What is a “Summary of Benefits and Coverage” and “Uniform Glossary”?
The Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and Uniform Glossary are documents designed to help consumers understand their health insurance coverage and choices.  
· The Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) is a standardized 8 page document that outlines a health plan’s major benefits, costs and coverage limitations.  It also includes information on consumer rights, appeals and grievances, and coverage examples for some typical costs under the plan.  To view a sample completed SBC, click here.

And when you click that link you get this. Its all over the board spending the past hour and a half reading and searching...I dont know what to believe except were gonna get stuck with taxes and bills.

http://cciio.cms.gov...bcfinal.pdf.pdf

#182    shrooma

shrooma

proud Yorkshireman.

• 3,243 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 20 February 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Man if you gathered all that in just a few posts you're in for a ride if you stick around here. That said I'd bet that it's happening to you too. There are governments and scammers everywhere in the world and they're all out for the same things. Money, power and things all on your behalf.

Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully we won't find out but the talk is everywhere. That's another topic that'll take you for a ride. I see you're new here. These debates are happening daily.
_
yup, i'm new here. stumbled across this site by accident, while my playstation was being mended, and i'm glad I did.
there are a couple of flakey pages on here, people who think they talk to god, or can kill people just by looking at them, but I was after some new sciencey stuff, bit of politics maybe (the t-shirt's a bit of a giveaway), and there ARE some interesting people on here if you look out for them, but most of all, I was looking for debate, and to be informed, and this neck of the woods seems to have both!
so noob, yes, but in a fortnight you'll be sick to death of me!
:-)
I gots to go now, work in the morning 'n stuff, but thanks to the lot of you for talking sense instead of bulls**t 'government agents stole my friend's hamster's waterbottle' stuff!
have fun!

Edited by shrooma, 20 February 2013 - 12:55 AM.

sometimes, your signature is worth nothing at all.

#183    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,126 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 20 February 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

Then the cost will passed down just as it is now.

As I thought. That legal speak is nonsense.

View PostAsteroidX, on 20 February 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

And when you click that link you get this. Its all over the board spending the past hour and a half reading and searching...I dont know what to believe except were gonna get stuck with taxes and bills.

That's the gist of it. That's all I ever get out of it.

Posted Image

#184    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 19 February 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

As I've said many times before and a few times in this thread that I too would love universal healthcare. The problem is the irresponsibility that comes with government handling our money. I'd have to think long and hard before voting for such a thing if it were to arise. I'd be weary of the 'catch' whatever that may be. Our founders weren't stupid. They knew our government was never meant to run our lives. Just manage them in a way, maybe. The day we have administration after administration that consecutively reduces our debt and spends less than they bring in I may concede that government is responsible enough appropriate our taxes towards 'free' healthcare. Right now I just want them the heck out of my life and my paycheck. They don't deserve to be involved in either. Unfortunately our ideas of government issued healthcare is just a pipe dream.

I agree that Government is too irresponsible to handle our healthcare. But yet considering the fact that doctor errors and medical mistakes kill more people per year then guns makes me think that doctors are not responsible enough either. So what to do what to do. Universal healthcare works well in some other countries. I guess I will just keep doing what i have been doing- that is, exercising, eating healthy, and hoping that I will not fall victim to a horrible accident. At least I have decent insurance already so I would be somewhat protected from bankruptcy. Our system currently is broke, has been broke for at least the last 10 years, and will be just as broke under Obamacare but at least more people will hopefully not go bankrupt because of it. Or perhaps more people will go bankrupt because of it :w00t: You are right about one thing, our healthcare system is a cluster****, but it was before Obamacare anyways, and it will be after Obamacare is fully implemented. That is the point I am trying to make. People keep arguing against Obamacare, but its not like the system was working before it! Maybe it was working for you, but it was not working for millions of Americans before it. Worst comes to worst and if it really sucks that bad then it will be repealed anyways, so I am not losing sleep over it.

#185    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

View Postninjadude, on 07 February 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure he said he hates white people, is a north korean agent, and wants to bring about an muslin empire. who dreams up this dreck
Well (this is originally Ninjadude's response to my post that I heard Obama supports single payer health plan), it looks like he wants it both ways:

Sorry, I haven't been on this thread for awhile, I'm trying to catch up. There are too many interesting threads on UM!

Posted Image

#186    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

View Postninjadude, on 11 February 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

it was not rushed. It was available and debated for over a year.
One year to completely change a country of four hundred million people health care with an incredibly complicated economy and overly complicated tax system? It should have taken years just to plan it with as many 'what if' scenarios sorted out in order to prevent the eventual failure it is likely to be.  Why fix it as we go along?. That is something that has never worked well. We never learn from our mistakes in the past. People want more stuff but never take into account the real world problems. On paper it sounds great, in reality it rarely is.

Edited by Esoteric Toad, 20 February 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#187    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postninjadude, on 11 February 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

it was not rushed. It was available and debated for over a year.
a year,not much time at all,come on you need more time than that,Ohdumba's care plan is that he doesn't care and shot his jerk plan into motion fatser than the jerk could pass the gun bann., I dont like OBAMA ,not one bit,But the jerk is only doing what  stupid people want,the ZOMBIE IDIOT. JMO

#188    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

JMO

Not. Not just your opinion.

#189    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Funny how if someone makes $30.000 a year and duffus wants to take $20.000 for health care,that leaves $10.000,rent  is $900.00 a month,power is $200. water is $200 gass is $75.00 a month,Now tell me how much is left for food,clothing,car note,gass for car,insurance to drive said car, what does that  equil at the end of the year. to live on.Not everyone is going to make Money high enough to even live.Obama care should be called Obama poor house.Impeach the bum and run his ass out of the country on a rail tarred and feathered.J M O.

Edited by The Unseen, 20 February 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#190    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

We have been advised to pull from our discretionary funds to cover the difference.

#191    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,955 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostGummug, on 20 February 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

Well (this is originally Ninjadude's response to my post that I heard Obama supports single payer health plan), it looks like he wants it both ways:

Apparently you are correct. I really couldn't see Obama in the AFLCIO speech. I heard him of course but it looked like someone else.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#192    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,955 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 20 February 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

One year to completely change a country of four hundred million people health care with an incredibly complicated economy and overly complicated tax system?

because for the largest number of people, very little will change.

It should have taken years just to plan it with as many 'what if' scenarios sorted out in order to prevent the eventual failure it is likely to be.

If we did that, nothing would EVER get done.

Why fix it as we go along?.

generally, fixing something as you go along is the correct approach to many issues.

People want more stuff but never take into account the real world problems.

People aren't getting more stuff. They're getting pretty much what they have now. Unless you're uninsured.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#193    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,955 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

View PostThe Unseen, on 20 February 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

Funny how if someone makes $30.000 a year and duffus wants to take $20.000 for health care,that leaves $10.000

that would be funny but those numbers are complete hogwash. Why don't you go and actually input your 30K salary and find out the real numbers.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#194    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Here you all go: http://www.washingto...means-for-you/#

That $20,000 a year number is complete BS just so you know. Enter your info in there and it will tell you about how much you can expect to pay.

#195    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,126 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostEinsteinium, on 21 February 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

Here you all go: http://www.washingto...means-for-you/#

That $20,000 a year number is complete BS just so you know. Enter your info in there and it will tell you about how much you can expect to pay.
From the link. Last sentence on 'your coverage' after you enter details.
"You are exempt from the penalty if the least expensive plan option in your area exceeds eight percent of your income."

Wow, so you have to spend at least 8% of your income or get fined also. But it's telling me how much a plan costs. It's only saying how much the fine will be and it's the same for $30k as it is for $1M. I don't think it works.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users