Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Obama health law anniversary finds 2 Americas

obamacare

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Interesting article, below

Obama health law anniversary finds 2 Americas

WASHINGTON (AP) — Three years, two elections, and one Supreme Court decision after President Barack Obama signed the Affordable Care Act, its promise of health care for the uninsured may be delayed or undercut in much of the country because of entrenched opposition from many Republican state leaders.
In half the states, mainly led by Democrats, officials are racing deadlines to connect uninsured residents to coverage now only months away. In others it's as if "Obamacare" — signed Mar. 23, 2010 — had never passed.
Make no mistake, the federal government will step in and create new insurance markets in the 26 mostly red states declining to run their own. Just like the state-run markets in mostly Democratic-led states, the feds will start signing up customers Oct. 1 for coverage effective Jan. 1. But they need a broad cross-section of people, or else the pool will be stuck with what the government calls the "sick and worried" — the costliest patients.
Insurance markets, or exchanges, are one prong of Obama's law, providing subsidized private coverage for middle-class households who currently can't get their own. The other major piece is a Medicaid expansion to serve more low-income people. And at least 13 states have already indicated they will not agree to that.

For more read: http://news.yahoo.co...-070446339.html

#2    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

One thing this goober never thought about was when he talks about people having to pay a fine if not insured,if they cannot afford the insurance in the first place then how the hell are they going to pay his damn fine?As pelosi said "we wont know whats in it until we pass it"

M-O-R-O-N-S!!!   :td:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#3    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,628 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

It's grown from 1,900 pages to 22,000 pages in 3 years.  I genuinely don't know what they're filling the pages up with.  A list of every citizen and whether or not they get a government subsidy?

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 22 March 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

One thing this goober never thought about was when he talks about people having to pay a fine if not insured,if they cannot afford the insurance in the first place then how the hell are they going to pay his damn fine?As pelosi said "we wont know whats in it until we pass it"

M-O-R-O-N-S!!!   :td:

SO true. I live in Texas, and Texas is not participating in the exchange. I hope it stays that way. No one I know WANTS Obamacare nor will they participate in it. Most people I know just, plain out, can't afford healthcare. It's just that simple. Until you bring down the cost of insurance, and make healthcare about HELPING people, and not about money, than nothing will ever be solved.

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostWickian, on 22 March 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

It's grown from 1,900 pages to 22,000 pages in 3 years.  I genuinely don't know what they're filling the pages up with.  A list of every citizen and whether or not they get a government subsidy?

Obamacare is a crock, pure and simple. It won't do anything to help change healthcare in this country. The idiots that think it will, think it's "free". Nothing is FREE. Especially healthcare. Who will pay for all this? Let me guess, the tax payers...

#6    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,339 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostKowalski, on 22 March 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

SO true. I live in Texas, and Texas is not participating in the exchange. I hope it stays that way. No one I know WANTS Obamacare nor will they participate in it. Most people I know just, plain out, can't afford healthcare. It's just that simple. Until you bring down the cost of insurance, and make healthcare about HELPING people, and not about money, than nothing will ever be solved.

Well said  :tu:  Healthcare is all about the money,if it was about helping people his little fine wouldnt be involved.I do not mind helping others but am starting to get very sick and tired of all working peoples tax dollars going to help the ones who flat out refuse to work.Instead loading up on every freebie out there while our leaders keep giving them more and more.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

We need a non profit health care insurance co.  If it puts the big for profit insurance companies out of business so be it.  The soaring price of going into the hospital or seeing a doctor needs reigned in to.  Anymore it will cost a lot people a weeks salary to see a doctor and buy the medicine.  No wonder so many people apply for welfare or medicaid.

#8    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,491 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

SO true. I live in Texas, and Texas is not participating in the exchange. I hope it stays that way.

Why?

#9    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,339 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostStartraveler, on 22 March 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Why?

Easy answer,can you explain everything behind obamacare?No you cant close to time to implement it,yet still stacking more **** on top of it.

#10    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,491 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 22 March 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Easy answer,can you explain everything behind obamacare?No you cant close to time to implement it,yet still stacking more **** on top of it.

?

The idea behind an exchange is pretty simple: shopping for health insurance on your own should be easy, transparent, and consumer-friendly. That's what an exchange is for. That and getting the law's financial aid to those who have trouble affording health insurance on their salaries/wages.

#11    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,339 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostStartraveler, on 22 March 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

?

The idea behind an exchange is pretty simple: shopping for health insurance on your own should be easy, transparent, and consumer-friendly. That's what an exchange is for. That and getting the law's financial aid to those who have trouble affording health insurance on their salaries/wages.

Well since you have such a healthy grasp on the idea maybe you can explain it to our politicians  ;)  Good luck!

#12    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,905 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 22 March 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

never thought about was when he talks about people having to pay a fine if not insured,if they cannot afford the insurance in the first place then how the hell are they going to pay his damn fine?

what makes you think that's not the case?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#13    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,905 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

Most people I know just, plain out, can't afford healthcare. It's just that simple. Until you bring down the cost of insurance, and make healthcare about HELPING people, and not about money, than nothing will ever be solved.

apparently you're unaware that is exactly what it does.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#14    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

I'm not going to argue whether Obamacare is any good or not but I will tell you without insurance you are dead. I had very good coverage until 2011 (laid off at the end of the Space Shuttle Program). My wife has two medication she must take. Without insurance and getting generics it would run us 2400 dollars a month. That is just two. I did contact the pharmacutical companies and managed to get those two for free (non-generic cost 5400 a month). I am my wife's caretaker and I do not qualify for any assistance regarding medical care. I must do without unless I can afford medical insurance coverage for pre-existing conditions. I did not realize how bad it was until I lost my medical insurance. Something has to be done.

#15    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

I understand we need better healthcare. We really do. But, OUR healthcare system is based on MONEY. Many people I know, cannot AFFORD health insurance. Obamacare WON'T change that. It will force them to take a plan (that has been hiked up because all the insurance places know people will HAVE to get healthcare, so they jack up the prices) they already CAN'T afford. Many will go without insurance and they might incure a fine, but so be it. The theory is asinine. Many people in America go without insurance, so we force them to GET insurance. Wow! What great logic guys! The whole problem is that health care is really expensive! That's the problem! Has anyone ever looked at a hospital or ER bill lately? I had a friend who had a pregnancy test done in the ER, and it cost her over $2,000!! SERIOUSLY.
Or how about the dad that had to take his kid to one ER, and they said they could do nothing, (no anti-venom) so he had to drive to another ER, several miles away, but they had anti-venom. The kid got better, but the dad got a bill from the first ER he went to, and even though they told him they could do nothing, they charged him $800. I'm not kidding. THAT is what is wrong with the healthcare system.

Also tagged with obamacare

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users