Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Merged - Knocking At My Door

The_Sensual_One

Every morning for the past year or so there has been knocking at my door and banging at my door. I figured that it was an entity but not sure if it's threatening or a good entity. There have been times where the banging got so loud it could be heard in another room as if someone were at the door but there is no one around. I have peep hole to check outside the door but no one is standing outside when the banging is going on. I usually have a good intuition about things but for some reason i feel a little clouded. Can someone tell me what you feel this is and why does it happen every morning and sometimes at night?

Key note: Loud banging, sometimes aggressive, sometimes a simple knock at my door. No one is there.

When I say out loud, "Please stop the banging, I'm trying to sleep," the banging either subsides or gets louder.

Teenage pranksters? That or you have a very short, very angry mail man out to get you.

• Haha 2

Do you actually check to see if someone is there while you are hearing the banging or afterwards?

If you've checked while the banging is going on, Have you ever just opened the door?

Edited by sarah_444

I just stated that no one is at the door. That means, yes, I have opened the door, no one was there. Seriously, I need someone that may know. I sense entity but not sure if it's a threatening entity or a more calm entity.

• 2 weeks later...

I just stated that no one is at the door. That means, yes, I have opened the door, no one was there. Seriously, I need someone that may know. I sense entity but not sure if it's a threatening entity or a more calm entity.

I feel like the entity is confused. Maybe someone who used to live there or if you have had someone pass on that used to come over alot. I would try opening the door and just pretending as if someone is there. Very sweetly explain to them that you would help if you could but you are not able to see or hear them. Ask them to please let you have peace. If it is someone you know then they should want you to have peace. If it is someone who used to live in your house, then just tell them that you are sorry but you live there now and they have to move on.

If there is someone you know who is passed on, just ask outloud if they will speak to you in a dream. I have solved this type of problem in a dream before.

I can't tell you any of this for sure, but I have a strong feeling about it. Let me know what you think or if you try it or if it works. Good luck!

Ravens are notorious for tapping at doors. Next time it happens, just yell "Nevermore" and see if it stops.

• Haha 2

I think it would be in your best interest to lay a line of salt across your front and back doorways. Your story gives me an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Thanks everyone. My father passed away in 2007 and he died in front of my eyes but he died with his eyes open. I thought he moved on.

Every day it's like some kind of ritual it happens every morning. Knocking on my door that lasts about 30 minutes and sometimes knocks in a response to my questions. I've said stop with the knocking before and one day it got really aggressive then it stopped. My friend can't sleep and gets woken up by it and so do I. It use to be knocking at night whenever I was not clothed, which is disturbing. Whatever or whoever it is, is probably looking at me type this out right now so the knocking stopped.

I will do all the above. Again, thanks everyone. Will update with outcome.

Thanks everyone. My father passed away in 2007 and he died in front of my eyes but he died with his eyes open. I thought he moved on.

So sorry to hear of your loss. My grand father passed away with his eyes open. My granny told me that it's nothing to fear and simply means that the person wishes for you not to forget them.

I like that idea. I won't forget my gramps ever!

• 11 months later...

Hello all,

I can't remember if I typed this out before. I don't get on here much like I use to. I have something on my mind. Usually every morning and sometimes every now and then there's knocking like thumping at my door. I have opened my door but no one is there. I have even said "stop knocking and go away." But sometimes the knocking/thumping gets aggressive and sometimes it does stop. Do you see anything going on with this. I always assumed it was my deceased father but I really believe he has moved on.

I asked a friend this question and she told me that she believes that it's a spirit "human" that has bad intentions to get to me and wants to get in but isn't strong enough. I was wondering if anyone is seeing the same thing or something different. Much help is greatly appreciated. I need to get to the bottom of this.

Love and Light

Long time no see Feelingz.

I have no advice but if this phenomena is real it's definetly negative. Have you ever opened the door to see if it's the UPS or the tax man?

Yes, I have opened the door and no one is ever there. I've opened the door, looked around, and shut the door. Then, the thumping begins again. I've even had my hand on the door and the knocking/thumping kept getting aggressive. And yes, the phenomena is real and it's been going on for months on and off. I never felt threatened but now that my friend told me what she saw, it makes me curious. I'm sitting here, wondering why would a deceased spirit that has negative energy would want to cause harm to me. I have done nothing to anyone to receive such a thing.

Edited by Feelingz

SO you actually can feel when something is knocking on your door?

Just checking because I had something like that happening to me several years ago. Drove me nuts for couple of weeks but the reason is so emberessing that I dont even wanna mention it haha

Under no circumstances should you open the door,especially after dark (when the sun goes down), as if you do open it,you are technically inviting who/whatever may be there,inside your residence,which is not a good thing to do.Always ask who is there if a knock on the door happens.If there is no answer,ignore it,but you can always say, Whoever you are I really dont need anything from you,please go away. This happened to me a few years ago, until I got really annoyed one evening,and shouted the Lords Prayer at the door in a loud voice,there was a moaning sound ,then Silence and it hasnt happened again. Best Wishes.

I heard tappings on my front door. I looked outside and there seemed to be no one there. I think it was a large moth or something attracted to the outside light.

SO you actually can feel when something is knocking on your door?

Just checking because I had something like that happening to me several years ago. Drove me nuts for couple of weeks but the reason is so emberessing that I dont even wanna mention it haha

Yes, I have touched my door to make sure that it wasn't the wind. And it wasn't. No wind was blowing at the time that I did it. And I'm not the only person in my home that has heard the knocking/thumping. My spouse, my mother, and my daughter have all heard the same thing. So, it's not my imagination.

Under no circumstances should you open the door,especially after dark (when the sun goes down), as if you do open it,you are technically inviting who/whatever may be there,inside your residence,which is not a good thing to do.Always ask who is there if a knock on the door happens.If there is no answer,ignore it,but you can always say, Whoever you are I really dont need anything from you,please go away. This happened to me a few years ago, until I got really annoyed one evening,and shouted the Lords Prayer at the door in a loud voice,there was a moaning sound ,then Silence and it hasnt happened again. Best Wishes.

I only have opened the door during the day time. Even when I have, "the spirit" never entered. My friend says it's weak. I guess the only way it can get in is if I invite it in which I am not doing. I will say this...I did have an entity follow me around for years since the age of 10 but it wasn't human. It was a demon. But, I thought it was taken care of back in 2010. I have been very peaceful and very content with my life so It needs to go away. I've done a prayer. I've done sage, salt, blessed my home and put up barriers around it. No spirit can enter my home. That's why I believe this spirit can't get in even when I open the door. I have a barrier up. I remember in 2011 and 2012 I had no disturbance at my door whatsoever. Now, that I'm 11 weeks pregnant it has returned to try to bother me. The only thing it can do is wake me up like some freaking alarm system but nothing more.

I heard tappings on my front door. I looked outside and there seemed to be no one there. I think it was a large moth or something attracted to the outside light.

There was no insect of the sort when I opened the door. Where I live, we don't get moths.

OH I didnt think it was imagination. Like in my case it turnef out to be something completely stupid but since a little boy had died there I just let myself believe as I didnt know the teal reason then.

Just wanted to verify if you can feel the knocking cuz than it must be something from/in front the door and not just a knocking sound somewhere in the house and normally you would suspect to come from the door.

Id go with what spud said. Just tell it to leave you alone. Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy!

Thanks. I usually do and it does...sometimes.

I agree. Pray at the door or even hang a cross on the outside of the door. I have had entities bother me too, and the negative ones go away real quick when I mention Jesus etc. And I'm not even an ultra religious person. But having dealt with stuff like this before (I have had an entity knock hard on the bathroom door while I was taking a shower), it's been kinda hard for me not to believe in God, when I would get such strong reactions from negative entities if I sang songs from Church, had crosses/Bibles out etc. Good luck

This is what I get. Be careful who you let into your life and into your home. I get a what were you thinking clue or question. I also think you are extremely intuitive. If you can hear this knocking there should be no question you can fix anything in your life through your very own intuition. When you decide you do not want to hear it anymore you will not hear it anymore. If there is someone who was close to you who was always bombarding you with advice then this might be related to them. Maybe someone or something is trying to wake you to the beautiful abilities with you. Think back about what you have suspected or thought or felt anytime these knocking happened. These can be clues. Yes, you can and should always protect yourself through your spiritual beliefs when needed and it does work. The bible works wonders as does putting salt around your house or praying. Whatever you find comfort in do it. And please make a check list of anyone or anything in your life that may be in any way causing you physical or emotional harm.

And be careful you're not being warned to keep the wrong people out!

Edited by starchild1976

Do you rent this place or own it.if u rent think about moveing put salt in front of the door and a cross.

hi Feelingz

Have you checked the history out on your place? Any deaths, accidents etc? Ask neighbors that been there for awhile.

Is this an apartment building, did they have a Janitor or a man that did repairs on the place? Is there a long hallway outside your door?

Name Will ... William comes to mind.

sorry for questions....

UPDATE:

Yesterday me and my boyfriend woke up with scratches on our body. My boyfriend had 3 large scratches on his back and I had a scratch on my neck and on my left side. Hmmmm.

hi Feelingz

Have you checked the history out on your place? Any deaths, accidents etc? Ask neighbors that been there for awhile.

Is this an apartment building, did they have a Janitor or a man that did repairs on the place? Is there a long hallway outside your door?

Name Will ... William comes to mind.

sorry for questions....

I've tried to check the history but I haven't found anything. The only death in my home is my father. He died in his bedroom right in front of my eyes but I am sure that he has moved on. His presence lingered for a while and all he would do is mess with photos or lights.