Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tumour-loving bugs deliver killer blow

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:07 PM

A humble and harmless soil bacterium is the latest recruit in the war on cancer. The bug is known to grow only inside tumours when it infects humans and has now been given a lethal new trick.

Researchers genetically engineered Clostridium bacteria so they were able to convert a harmless chemical into a potent toxin. Injecting the chemical into the patient's bloodstream should therefore destroy tumours from the inside, while leaving healthy tissues unharmed.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo News                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 09:02 PM

Great article Althalus, all I can think of is "bon appetit".
I lost several members of my family to that disease including my good friend and brother in law who was only 38. Thanks  smile.gif                                                  

#3    racerette

racerette

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:57 PM

I can't wait until cancer is gone for good. I too have lost many friends/family/and pets due to this disease! Great article! biggrin.gif                                                  

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

#4    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 08:51 AM

It's really great that they have found a bacteria that can do this , but does it have to be genetically modified first  huh.gif

Reminds me of the use of maggotts for removing gangrenouse flesh ( I hope nobody's eating  unsure.gif )
  Genetically modified or not If I am ever unfortunate enough to require this treatment I won't be complaining .                                                  

#5    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 10 April 2003 - 10:02 AM

Brilliant article Althalus  biggrin.gif . Hopefully they will be able to stamp out this disease forever.                                                  

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#6    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 10 April 2003 - 08:07 PM

Great find Al.  
          Soon  they can stop using that awful radiation.                                                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users