Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

if you could ask jesus 1 question.....

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1    the eternal me

the eternal me

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

simple question...
lets see what folks have to say...

#2    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

I'd like to see you pass all of James Randi's tests... would you be so kind to do so? :)

#3    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• 1,065 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

You CAN ask Jesus a question.  And you will get an answer.  It may not be the answer you're looking for.  It may not come in the form you thought it would.

But He will answer.

But if He was sitting right next to me right now?  I'd ask Him how He fought off the urge to run.  I'd ask Him how He had the courage to stay and face what He knew was coming.

Edited by MedicTJ, 19 February 2013 - 04:04 AM.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,190 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Who would translate?

#5    the eternal me

the eternal me

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

ok... hugh...
i think that Mr randy has made a career of debunking...
weather he actually believes it or not....
in order to maintain an image of status quo...
all things have to be proven wrong....

but that’s another topic...

to each ... we have our own experience... and what that means to us...
its just that...
what it means to us...

i would wonder if jesus would put some things before Mr Randy that would rattle his brain...
and yet he would still have to disprove it...

#6    the eternal me

the eternal me

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Rlyeh ....

could you explain what you mean please...

if that statement is open to interpretation...
it could be taken in a manner of something like this...

in this day and age there are those that are learned in the bible...
and in that aspect they would translate the words uttered forth to fit into what view of the bible they hold...

and in that manner, twisting the words that were spoken before they got to the masses at large...
and from what was said to begin with... there would be a 1000 more interpretations in a 1000 different ways...
and still non of them would be on the money...
but a grain of truth would lie in each interpretation...

or are you speaking of translating to different languages so that all may understand?

#7    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,397 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

My question would be why he has to go through a human sacrifice?  Strikes me as sacrificial magic, utterly unrelated to any reasonable principle of logic or ethics or justice -- just crude, superstitious substitutionary arbitrary magic.

#8    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,601 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Mine would be 2 part,because im a ass like that haha

1 Being the son of a supreme entity shouldnt you have known what was coming and how humans were and thought?
2 Why if your father was the creator of everything even if he allowed humans free thought would he make you die for what he already knew was going to happen?His angels according to his book already turned on him,shouldnt after the first humans adam and eve broke his rules he have a thought that many,many more would wind up in his own created hell?

Sorry to any christians not trying to be a *******,i believe live and let live.Was not my question.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#9    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

I think it would be an overwhelming and a beautiful experience to meet the perfect man that was perfectly divine. That was everything God originally intended man to be that all of us fall so short of being. I am currently stumped.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#10    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 February 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

My question would be why he has to go through a human sacrifice?  Strikes me as sacrificial magic, utterly unrelated to any reasonable principle of logic or ethics or justice -- just crude, superstitious substitutionary arbitrary magic.
Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that your land be not defiled, which the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance.

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

Man plans and God laughs.

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,397 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Huh!  Thumping Bible verses that do not answer the question is no answer to the question, or are you trying to say I am right and the whole thing is superstitious substitution magic?

#12    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,500 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Was it worth it?

#13    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• The Golden age is just a step away

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Whats your purpose ?

Edited by Spore, 19 February 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#14    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Were you a good carpenter?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#15    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Did you ever call Joseph daddy?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users