Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoot Vandalizes Winnebago

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 236 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Can you even tell if a 73 Winnebago has been vandalized?

"A new Winnebago! We got a herd of Winnebagos, we're giving them away!"

#17    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,458 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostHilander, on 21 October 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

If this is the third time he has seen one you think he would be getting pictures, movie or something.
Exactly.  Trail cams set up around your camp should be standard.  Highly dubious.  This guy does nothing to help his case by reporting this type of thing.  Would you really call the police if a BF had vandalized something?  What are they going to do?  Arrest it?  This guy is just a crackpot IMO.

#18    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostOverSword, on 22 October 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Exactly.  Trail cams set up around your camp should be standard.  Highly dubious.  This guy does nothing to help his case by reporting this type of thing.  Would you really call the police if a BF had vandalized something?  What are they going to do?  Arrest it?  This guy is just a crackpot IMO.

He may have wanted to inform the police as this could help with any insurance claims he might have made, this does not invalidate your 'crackpot' claim though...  :)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 22 October 2012 - 04:02 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#19    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,318 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Compelling.

I bet his first call was to the insurance company, the second to the Discovery Channel.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#20    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,569 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

The police could have dusted for fingerprints. No CSI team required, any patrol cop could do it. So even if the police did not believe it was a BF why did they not check for human fingerprints and why if the RV owner thought it was bigfoot did he not ask the cop to dust? (he'd be dusting for human prints, obviously)

We only had gasoline stolen out of our vehicles and the patrol cop responding dusted for prints.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 22 October 2012 - 04:28 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#21    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 22 October 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

I wonder if Reed's belief in BF helped him form his opinion of what he claims to have seen...

I'd say that was very likely a safe bet, much as most people with sleep issues often think aliens are abducting them.

While I can't say positively it was a Squatch, since bears have a reputation for doing this and it's well documented that they do.......I lean toward the bears more than the Squatches.

#22    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 22 October 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

I wonder if Reed's belief in BF helped him form his opinion of what he claims to have seen...

I always like my encounters with wildlife to be served with a side of confirmation bias.   ;)

#23    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,137 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

We only had gasoline stolen out of our vehicles and the patrol cop responding dusted for prints.

You must have had that happen in a town where there's almost nothing else for a cop to do, and they just got new fingerprint kits or something.

Did they run the fingerprints against interpol's worldwide gas thief fingerprint database?

#24    JoeyLuisLeel

JoeyLuisLeel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

I think if anything thre should be some smples left behind by the 'bigfoot' hair, footprints saliva or something maybe blood i havent read all into this so im not sure if there were any....ill read now

#25    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,137 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "no."

#26    lsra

lsra

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Someday we'll look back at this and plow into a parked car.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Even Sasquatch thinks a 73 winnebago is junk.  Probably thought he was doing the guy a favor.

#27    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,042 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Why would a creature that is so intelligent attack an RV?   I thought hiding was their best skill.

#28    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• Credendo Vides, Seeing is Believing

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hmm John Reed= John Deer :w00t:

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#29    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostBorisIWantToKnow, on 22 October 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Hmm John Reed= John Deer :w00t:

Dear John...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#30    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,569 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 22 October 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

You must have had that happen in a town where there's almost nothing else for a cop to do, and they just got new fingerprint kits or something.

Did they run the fingerprints against interpol's worldwide gas thief fingerprint database?

Ouch! I somehow doubt it, Neo. :huh: There was a rash of gasoline thieves in our area so maybe they wanted to catch them. Idk his reasoning, He said "I'll dust for prints but probably won't come up with anything." And our cops had plenty to do.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 22 October 2012 - 09:11 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users