Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A fun and interesting game that I play

ghost orb mist house old

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 15 May 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

lol@LadyK I figured that the big easy would be a sure thing

Nope. No sure things here, unless you count Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest and hurricanes (the kind you drink). :P

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#17    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Could make this a drinking game and have a shot for every orb you see :) Some folk here would be stone sober all the time!

Posted Image

#18    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

We once took photos of grave stones in a graveyard in Salem Mass,and some really odd stuff showed up in the photos . I don't believe all orbs are dust ,especially in a graveyard .
Interesting topic

Miss me?

#19    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 15 May 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

lol@LadyK I figured that the big easy would be a sure thing
Oddly,I've never caught anything on film in NO,but I've gotten some serious heebee geebees ,with some funky events .

Miss me?

#20    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

I don't know why that is, some graveyards I have felt welcome in and some have felt downright hostile. I should have taken pictures!

Posted Image

#21    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Graveyards just creep me out because I start thinking too hard about them.

I start thinking what I'm standing on, what the remains must look like depending on how old the grave is, how much the earth has shifted the casket, etc until I literally can't stand anywhere because I've imaginationlanded myself into Poltergeist.

Brilliant.  Oh and where I live some of our graveyards date back to the Civil War and then I'm wondering about the uniforms, etc again rewind.

*shudders*

think I'm off topic

#22    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hey if you guys are actually playing along, post the links to the photos so I can see. I search around Florida myself. I'd be interested to see what others find in other cities/states.

Posted Image

#23    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,917 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

I was trying to play along but .... found this instead ...

Posted Image

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#24    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

third eye, that is awesome :w00t:

Posted Image

#25    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

Lmao third eye that would be hilarious

#26    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

As for graveyards love ember don't know why. Didn't see anything in the pics though barely saw the house was wondering if there was some kind if Tree house sale going on since it got most of the attention.

#27    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,917 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

I wonder if its coincidence or not .... but 'sightings' do seem to decline with more 'camera's readily available and common ...

A friend mentioned that 'old school' film cameras are more effective in capturing this unexplained images than digi cams ....

Up to a point I can see his point ... there is a 'chemical' process involved with film ... maybe that's what makes for the difference

Edited by third_eye, 19 May 2013 - 05:23 AM.

~

~

#28    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 16 May 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

We once took photos of grave stones in a graveyard in Salem Mass,and some really odd stuff showed up in the photos . I don't believe all orbs are dust ,especially in a graveyard .
Interesting topic

Not just dust. Anything really tiny close to the camera that it can't focus on correctly. Dust, snow, water, bugs, maybe even ghosts. But definitely bugs.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#29    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,089 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 19 May 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

I wonder if its coincidence or not .... but 'sightings' do seem to decline with more 'camera's readily available and common ...
And the 'face' on Mars turned into a dull looking hill as soon as better and more images were available.  

Are ghost sightings or photos actually declining?  I haven't seen any evidence of that.

A friend mentioned that 'old school' film cameras are more effective in capturing this unexplained images than digi cams ....

Up to a point I can see his point ... there is a 'chemical' process involved with film ... maybe that's what makes for the difference
Why would a chemical process make film cameras more effective in capturing the paranormal in photos?

If more people are taking photos with better cameras but less ghosts are appearing in the photos, I think it's more sensible to blame a lack of ghosts then to blame the cameras.

Edited by Archimedes, 19 May 2013 - 03:34 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#30    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,917 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 19 May 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

And the 'face' on Mars turned into a dull looking hill as soon as better and more images were available.  

Are ghost sightings or photos actually declining?  I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Why would a chemical process make film cameras more effective in capturing the paranormal in photos?

If more people are taking photos with better cameras but less ghosts are appearing in the photos, I think it's more sensible to blame a lack of ghosts then to blame the cameras.

Seeing evidence means differently than 'seen' evidence ...
in my personal experience it has been that 'seen' and seeing in such cases is as objective as  :
calling someone mom and seeing someone that 'looks' like mom ... well 'mom' when mom has been deceased for years ...

Whereas I said I found my friends idea interesting ... I didn't say it is evidently evidence ... or even if it made subjective sense.

Nobody is blaming cameras here ... just as you don't put a DVD in a CD player, you don't get the capture as unbiased as an analog camera compared with digitally filtered camera.

And NO ... i'm not saying ghosts must exist ... but I'm not denying them a right to exist either ..... who knows ? Maybe you do ... but I don't

:tu:

~

~

Also tagged with ghost, orb, mist, house, old

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users