Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 4 votes

The Only Way to Escape Hell


  • Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#421    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,731 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

cremation = your particles fly in the wind, then land on the ground

or you wait until your urn crumbles

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#422    calvaryoakville

calvaryoakville

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined:10 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

Jesus is the only way... John 14:6


#423    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Postcalvaryoakville, on 04 October 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

Jesus is the only way... John 14:6

I take it you don't have any actual evidence of this? And no, the Bible doesn't count as evidence; not unless you can demonstrate that it's anything more than fiction. Not trying to be antagonistic here, just realistic.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#424    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Joined:06 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Coast

  • Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

View Postcalvaryoakville, on 04 October 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

Jesus is the only way... John 14:6

Naw when it comes to Jesus and God I'd rather follow the don't worship false idols bit but thanks for trying.


#425    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

The evil will find their heaven in hell.
The evil will find their hell in heaven.
The good will find their hell in hell.
The good will find their heaven in heaven.

If you agree with the above statements then the surest way to go to heaven is by being 'Evil'.


#426    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,986 posts
  • Joined:06 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Israel

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

View Postcalvaryoakville, on 04 October 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

Jesus is the only way... John 14:6

If you mean, the only way to get salvation, he spoke as part of the Jews and not as a private person, because he said that salvation comes from the Jews. (John 4:22) And he said "from the Jews" and not from one among the Jews.

Ben


#427    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,986 posts
  • Joined:06 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Israel

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 04 October 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

The evil will find their heaven in hell.
The evil will find their hell in heaven.
The good will find their hell in hell.
The good will find their heaven in heaven.

If you agree with the above statements then the surest way to go to heaven is by being 'Evil'.

This sounds like the Po Li concept of Chineese Taoism.

Ben


#428    Gummug

Gummug

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,369 posts
  • Joined:14 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas

  • "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostArbitran, on 27 September 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

No, the scientific world has wholesale rejected creationism/intelligent design, as I've said. You've been lied to, I'm afraid.

Nobody created this world. And the origin of the eye is a very well-understood process.
The origin of the eye is a well understood process??!! Could you provide a link/documentation for that? Even Darwin said that thinking of the eye gave him nightmares, or something to that effect.

Posted Image


#429    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostGummug, on 13 October 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

The origin of the eye is a well understood process??!! Could you provide a link/documentation for that? Even Darwin said that thinking of the eye gave him nightmares, or something to that effect.

Darwin's references to the eye have been misrepresented far too many times. All he ever said was that common sense at that time would seem to have rejected his theory, and the eye was one of the primary examples he gave of something which would seem to defy the logic of evolutionary theory. We have since overturned the antiquated paradigms of Darwin's day however, and the evolution of the eye is no more miraculous or difficult to explain than any other evolutionary development (that is to say, it is very easy to explain).





Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#430    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostGummug, on 13 October 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

The origin of the eye is a well understood process??!! Could you provide a link/documentation for that? Even Darwin said that thinking of the eye gave him nightmares, or something to that effect.
http://en.wikipedia....tion_of_the_eye

Posted Image

~MEH~


#431    Gummug

Gummug

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,369 posts
  • Joined:14 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas

  • "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostArbitran, on 13 October 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Darwin's references to the eye have been misrepresented far too many times. All he ever said was that common sense at that time would seem to have rejected his theory, and the eye was one of the primary examples he gave of something which would seem to defy the logic of evolutionary theory. We have since overturned the antiquated paradigms of Darwin's day however, and the evolution of the eye is no more miraculous or difficult to explain than any other evolutionary development (that is to say, it is very easy to explain).




In that video clip "irreducible complexity cut down to size" I found some of his arguments almost fatuous. As an example, he said something like "it hardly challenges evolution if an object we all agree didn't evolve couldn't have evolved". The reason I think that is because the principle is the same...the mousetrap is inorganic (except for the wooden base) and animals and plants are organic, but why does that invalidate the principle? The principle is that each of the component parts is useless by itself, so in order to be of use to the organism they would all have to come together at the same time. The mousetrap is merely an illustration of that principle, so that the fact that the mousetrap can't evolve (although somehow animals and plants can) doesn't seem to me to be a true refutation of the principle.

Posted Image


#432    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostGummug, on 13 October 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

In that video clip "irreducible complexity cut down to size" I found some of his arguments almost fatuous. As an example, he said something like "it hardly challenges evolution if an object we all agree didn't evolve couldn't have evolved". The reason I think that is because the principle is the same...the mousetrap is inorganic (except for the wooden base) and animals and plants are organic, but why does that invalidate the principle? The principle is that each of the component parts is useless by itself, so in order to be of use to the organism they would all have to come together at the same time. The mousetrap is merely an illustration of that principle, so that the fact that the mousetrap can't evolve (although somehow animals and plants can) doesn't seem to me to be a true refutation of the principle.

The principle however, is unfounded. As was demonstrated very clearly in the video (why is it that everybody seems to get hung-up on the mousetrap?), evolution has no end-goal in mind, ergo, though the eye is the current product of natural selection, its predecessors would have been perfectly beneficial in their own right. Just because we happen to think that an eye couldn't function without certain features doesn't mean that a model with fewer or alternative features couldn't be perfectly useful as well; it simply would have a different function. And in the case of the human eye in particular, there happens to be a great deal of evolutionary baggage. This video illustrates a number of these features (and in a thoroughly-enjoyable way; albeit less serious and professional than the others).



Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#433    Gummug

Gummug

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,369 posts
  • Joined:14 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas

  • "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

View Postlozaleibou, on 26 September 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Can you seriously say, whether you believe in a Divine entity or not, that you think that He would tell His people to behead anyone who didn't agree with believers, that sex with children was perfectly ok, that disfiguring or killing their wives is perfectly ok if they have somehow dishonored you maybe by cooking something you didn't like for dinner, and that murder of a non believer was not murder at all, but a duty??????? Ok, so now who sounds silly???   :unsure2:
I knew the Quran was bad, but I didn't know it was THAT bad! :no:

Posted Image


#434    Arbitran

Arbitran

    Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:13 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostGummug, on 13 October 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

I knew the Quran was bad, but I didn't know it was THAT bad! :no:

Don't believe everything you hear... lozaleibou has never read the Quran. It isn't nearly as bad as he says. It's no better or worse than the Bible.

Edited by Arbitran, 13 October 2012 - 02:19 AM.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#435    Gummug

Gummug

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,369 posts
  • Joined:14 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas

  • "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostArbitran, on 13 October 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Don't believe everything you hear... lozaleibou has never read the Quran. It isn't nearly as bad as he says. It's no better or worse than the Bible.
I have a friend of mine who has a copy and he has been wanting me to read it (and he's a Christian, or at least he says he is), but it's just there are so many books to read. Anyway, I will have to say, I admire Lozaleibou's courage, he's not afraid to at least to speak up for what he believes. I feel like sometimes I don't always say what I should because I worry how people will react, but then, it won't matter when I'm laid in the grave, so I should have more courage and faith like Lozaleibou.

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users