Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Downward Spiral of The U.S.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Why argue with the guy Preacher. Hes delusional and doesnt care about his own freedoms. Hes never gonna care about another persons freedom.

#17    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,823 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 03 February 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Why argue with the guy Preacher. Hes delusional and doesnt care about his own freedoms. Hes never gonna care about another persons freedom.

No doubt. The only reason I respond to him at all anymore, is for folks who might be sitting on the fence with subjects like these. Dont want him influancing such people without seeing the truth.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#18    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

I hear that. I cant say Ive seen anyone else post so much opinion not backed up with any evidence. I mean this is UM. Your suppose to be able to support your opinion to an extent. Otherwise it might as well come out of the horses ass

#19    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,391 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I've said the same damn thing before preacherman. His words must be countered with reason.

Posted Image

#20    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 03 February 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

He didnt declare war? By who's standards? When you drop bombs on people, you have declared war. Where in the WPA does it say you can bomb people who are no threat to your country???

No, the president cannot declare war as you well know. He entered the US into an "armed conflict". Actually "declaring war" is a very different thing. Sure the people on the ground don't see any difference but from a legal standpoint they are different things. The WPA limits the presidents power to do this. Libya was a case of humanitarian help.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#21    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

No, the president cannot declare war as you well know. He entered the US into an "armed conflict". Actually "declaring war" is a very different thing. Sure the people on the ground don't see any difference but from a legal standpoint they are different things. The WPA limits the presidents power to do this. Libya was a case of humanitarian help.

That was not the intention of the WPA it was enacted after Pearl Harbor for use in direct threats to the United States. Libya was an illegal act of aggression by the POTUS despite its "humanitarian" shell game.

http://en.wikipedia....ers_Act_of_1941

#22    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postninjadude, on 03 February 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

As FDR put it so well, the President can wage war, but he cannot declare war.  A simple truthful statement.

But the action in Libya recently was unsupportable IMO.  Obama has never met a war he doesn't like, and as one might expect, and like others before him, he has never been to war.  He's never been shot at or seen his friend die.

But he sure gets into that C-in-C thingy, ya know?

What's funny is they have him shooting skeet these days, doing the manly thing. LOL

Edited by Babe Ruth, 03 February 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#23    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,391 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 03 February 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

As FDR put it so well, the President can wage war, but he cannot declare war.  A simple truthful statement.

But the action in Libya recently was unsupportable IMO.  Obama has never met a war he doesn't like, and as one might expect, and like others before him, he has never been to war.  He's never been shot at or seen his friend die.

But he sure gets into that C-in-C thingy, ya know?

What's funny is they have him shooting skeet these days, doing the manly thing. LOL

Good points. How many presidents have actually served let alone served in war? Heck, if there were any how many of them were wartime presidents?
About the skeet, you know how every time O speaks they say it's his Reagan moment or his Lincoln moment? Guess this is his Theodore Roosevelt moment. Teddy was a mans man. Obama is just a man by technicality.

Posted Image

#24    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,823 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

View Postninjadude, on 03 February 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

If there is no difference on the ground, then there is no difference. These little "legal loopholes" are just ways to get around the constitution. The WPA doesnt say anything about humanitarian help. It can only be used if America is facing a direct threat. We werent. His actions are treason.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#25    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 04 February 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

His actions are treason.

I really don't think you know what that word means.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#26    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Obama is America's greatest divider, ever. He is also a horrible and delusional leader who reminds me of a small child that tries to make up his own rules and kicks and screams when he does not get his way, then does it all over again a month later.

#27    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Meh, I hold to the theory that Obama has been killing people's pets. Maybe that would explain who some people have such a deep and personal hatred for him. Could be that I'm paying more attention to American politics but I don't recall Bush getting this level of irrational hatred when he was in office. Know plenty didn't like him but there didn't seem to be the same eagerness to start rebellions and civil wars.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#28    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

I think just printing money, selling serious weapons to our enemies, expanding government and the welfare class, political correctness, a failed foreign policy, far left politians, corporate greed, an unaccountable mainstream media, and a general lack of common sense are just a few of the reasons, that I believe are causing this once great country to falter so far, so fast.

At times I actually feel real fear about what could/will happen over the next couple of years under Obama. At times like this I glad I'm older then younger as maybe, hopefully I won't live to see this country turned into what it seems to be destined to become.

#29    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,391 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostCorp, on 04 February 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Could be that I'm paying more attention to American politics but I don't recall Bush getting this level of irrational hatred when he was in office.
I didn't even pay attention to politics back then but I damn sure remember Bush being despised quite well. The movie where he was depicted and assassinated in and recieved a standing ovation is the one thing that's always stood out for me. I'll never forget that.

Know plenty didn't like him but there didn't seem to be the same eagerness to start rebellions and civil wars.
I think it's a couple of things.
One, patience for this out of control government is wearing thin. It's been since 9-11 I think that more people are apt to pay attention to things and also that's when the constitution started getting some serious bad looks on the hill. I'm relatively young and especially new to politics. I haven't got a full decade of political interest under my belt yet.
Second IMO, this rebellious tone in the country has been set in high gear by the divisive tactics and words that come from our dear leader. He is a master at division and I don't mean math.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 04 February 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Posted Image

#30    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,976 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Bush was OK, Obama is OK.  In fifty years it will seem like the difference between Teddy Roosevelt and Howard Taft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users