Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Aliens...Yes again

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

I've looked though some of the past threads based around the possibility of Extraterrestrial Life but from what I saw none of them brought up the point I am about to make, now I would have posted it in those threads but they have since been locked so here it is:

We used to think that the Sun and basically everything else revolved around the Earth not the other way around, which has been found as false so is it so far fetched to think we are the only life in the entire universe?? The points I'm about to bring to you have been proven by science and credited astronomers. Now I don't want to get into alien life on Earth or anything like that just the possibility of alien life.

To start there are more than 100 billion galaxies in the universe, on that statement alone brings the odds in my favour because if there are 100 billion galaxies there would easily be much more than 100 trillion planets so just saying we are the only life in the universe is saying the odds of us forming in the first place is 1 out of 100,000,000,000,000.

I wanna keep this post short so I'll just post the main points in this

Second Point. As an educated guess by astronomers and based on the amount of planets  found by Kepler in 2010, they judged an estimated 17 billion habitable planets in our galaxy alone.

So now if we look at the 100 billion galaxies in the universe and being generous saying in each there are 10 billion habitable planets that is 1 trillion possible habitable planets, that's just judging but the "ingredients" we are made up of and what kind of environment we need to survive

Recently on Earth micro organisms we found to be living off of carbon dioxide. So who is to say that else where in the universe there isn't other life living off the same chemicals??

I truly believe that we are limiting ourselves for the possibility of finding life by only looking for similar planets to Earth when for all we know Venus could house life. Just because there is sulfuric acid for clouds and lava as oceans on Venus doesn't mean life couldn't survive there, just not life with our make-up.

Anyway guys I think I've taken up enough of your time, so have at it.
Good,bad or ugly I wanna know your thoughts but please no generic 1 word or sentence responses like to try and debunk the entire thing because I can tell you now, it just makes you look uneducated.

#2    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 06 February 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Good,bad or ugly I wanna know your thoughts but please no generic 1 word or sentence responses like to try and debunk the entire thing because I can tell you now, it just makes you look uneducated.

Maybe you should let people respond to your post as they wish... this beeing an open forum and all.

Having that said... I do believe that there is intelligent life out there, most of it though probably microbial.

Have they found Earth and are here on a visit.... I dont see any crcredible evidence of that.

Edited by DBunker, 06 February 2013 - 04:38 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#3    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostDBunker, on 06 February 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Maybe you should let people respond to your post as they wish... this beeing an open forum and all.

Never said they had to.
But if they do they can expect a response from me dripping with sarcasm

#4    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

What exactly is the point of this thread?

Edited by DBunker, 06 February 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#5    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Your point is, because there's so huge a chance of alien life, it must have happened? This point's been made numerous times.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#6    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostDBunker, on 06 February 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

What exactly is the point of this thread?

Maybe you should read the first few lines.

Edited by IBelieveWhatIWant, 06 February 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#7    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 06 February 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

lol thats gonna stump a few....

#8    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 06 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Maybe there's not one thread about this point, but it usually gets covered in any thread arguing about the chances of alien life in the cosmos.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#9    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostHasina, on 06 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Your point is, because there's so huge a chance of alien life, it must have happened? This point's been made numerous times.

It has been made, yes. But I haven't seen anywhere that I've looked any scientific evidence posted (maybe I missed that post though). So I thought I'd post it myself.

#10    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostHasina, on 06 February 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

Maybe there's not one thread about this point, but it usually gets covered in any thread arguing about the chances of alien life in the cosmos.

That comment wasnt pointed towards you Hasina it was towards DBunker.

#11    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 06 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

I did.... We have about 20 threads going on this..... The UM serach function is there for a reason..

#12    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 06 February 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

That comment wasnt pointed towards you Hasina it was towards DBunker.
My bad D: but I think it was a good question even to me.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#13    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostDBunker, on 06 February 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

I did.... We have about 20 threads going on this..... The UM serach function is there for a reason..

So with points like these with scientific backing. Also I dont mean in the responding comments because good points usually get buried so quick in these types of threads unless they are the first post or something people are always responding to

#14    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 06 February 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

So with points like these with scientific backing. Also I dont mean in the responding comments because good points usually get buried so quick in these types of threads unless they are the first post or something people are always responding to

Then maybe you should have dropped the "I wanna know your thoughts but please no generic 1 word or sentence responses like to try and debunk the entire thing because I can tell you now, it just makes you look uneducated"  in the OP??

Anyway... Ill ask you again - What EXACTLY is the point of this thread?

Edited by DBunker, 06 February 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#15    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostHasina, on 06 February 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

My bad D: but I think it was a good question even to me.
Yeah, well people usually don't even read 1 line of a post that contradicts what they believe, they usually just try to make a point to just try and discredit the post like DBunker did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users